Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
|Locations: Galactic Center & Near the Center|
The exact distance from the Sun to the Galactic center is uncertain.
A bright and very compact astronomical radio source that is part of a larger astronomical feature known as Sagittarius A, which is believed to be the location of a supermassive black hole.
- Diameter: 44 million km
- 4.31 million solar masses
The Central Parsec (3.26 ly) around Sagittarius A*
Contains a stellar population of thousands of stars.
- most of the stars are old red main-sequence ones with a density that peaks at a distance of roughly 1/2 parsec from Sgr A*, then falls inward. There is a "hole", or core, around the black hole.
- there are more than 100 OB and Wolf-Rayet stars that seem to have all been formed in a single star formation event a few million years ago. Most of these 100 young, massive stars seem to be concentrated within one or two disks, rather than randomly distributed within the central parsec.
Vast, Deep, Open Jet-Black Hole
A beautiful, yet heartrending enigmatic melody flows from the depths of the dark hole. Unknown if it's a natural development or if intelligent life lives on the other side of the hole. In order to confirm what's causing it, the Megaroad-01 entered the hole.
Megaroad-01 Emigration Fleet
- 2016.07.07: Communications from the Megaroad-01 and its escort fleet cease near the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. (News about this ship is not publicized).
25,000-28,000 ly from Sol: Bar
Extends across the Galactic center. Its nature is also actively debated. Some advocate that the Galaxy features two distinct bars, one nestled within the other.
- delineated by red clump stars, however, RR Lyr variables do not trace a prominent Galactic bar.
- may be surrounded by a ring called the "5-kpc ring" that contains a large fraction of the molecular hydrogen present in the galaxy, as well as most of the Milky Way's star formation activity.
- a blue hypergiant and one of the most luminous known stars in the Milky Way Galaxy.
- one of many massive young stars in the Quintuplet Cluster in the Galactic Center region.
- the star owes its name to the shape of the Pistol Nebula, which it illuminates.
- 4 million times as much power as the Sun and about 80 to 150 times as massive.
- a luminous blue variable or possible binary star
- a total system mass of 130-200 solar masses and an estimated variable luminosity of up to 40 million times that of the Sun.
The M7, M7D and MF stories take place here. Their exact locations aren't known.
- 2045.08: City 7 is captured by this star's gravitational pull.
First planet of the system. Inhabitable planet.
- 497,135 BCE: development of powerful biological weapons based on the Zentraadi, the "Ehvil Series", begins on this scientifically advanced Protoculture planet.
- 497,132 BCE: Super Dimensional Organs are developed. The technology is implemented in the "Ehvil Series".
- 497,129 BCE: trial production of the "Ehvil Series" for final tests begins. Seven Ehvil Series weapons of seven types are completed. The Ehvil Series' bodies are occupied by Spiritual Energy Life Forms, creating the Protodevilun. They begin invading the surrounding planets and systems, using the spaceships and weapons of the people from this planet that they brainwashed; which later becomes known as the Inspection Forces.
- 2025: Megaroad-13 discovers and names the planet. Immigration begins.
- 2043: the Varohta Emigrant Planet consumed by the Protodevilun.
- 'Ice Planet'
- 497,127 BCE: the Protodevilun are completely sealed in special chambers through the efforts of the Anima Spiritia.
- 2043: scientists discover a mysterious energy field underneath the ice surface, and a field-deactivation experiment is begun. The field strength drops and the Protodevilun are awakened.
- 2046.02: the concluding battle of the Varohta War occurs on and around the planet.
A frontier planet whose name is unknown. Inhabited by Unified Government emigrants. Mining of Balnezium has continued on the planet for the past 20 years.
- 2046.01: Basara Space Folds to the planet and encounters Emiria Jiinasu in her Quadoran Kiruka.
A binary star system. A strong solar wind blows in the system.
- Gaul A
Large main star.
- Gaul 4
4th planet. As the solar revolution cycle corresponds to the rotational period [tidally locked], it is divided into day and night-sides.
- 2048 - the SDFN-04 Global, the flagship of the 117th Research fleet, is attacked and destroyed by the Vajra.
- (before 08.02): the Zentraadi 33rd Marine Force establish a base.
- .02: Ranka Lee performs a concert for the 33rd Marine Force.
- .03: Ranka Lee is captured by the Vajra. 1/3 of Gaul 4 is destroyed by a Dimension Eater bomb.
- Gaul B
Large companion star.
Gas Giant (Planet)
Location of the Frontier Fleet at the start of "Macross Frontier".
M55NGC6909 Planetary Cluster
- Messiah 025
Third planet. Location of the Prototype VF-25 Messiah's first flight.
- 2057 (before .06): discovered by the Macross Frontier Fleet.
- 2057: Macross Frontier Fleet came near for resource collection.
Pukirases Star System
- 2036: Maximilian Jenius discovers a galalasi on the 5th planet.
- 2045: 35th Super Long Range Emigration Fleet (Macross 5) discovers and begins emigration.
- 2045.09: 37th Super Long Range Emigration Fleet (Macross 7) arrives at Raks. Confirmation of Macross 5 fleet's destruction. Macross 7 lands on surface.
- 2045.12: Discovery of Protoculture ruins on surface. Gigiru self-destructs, destroying the planet.
- discovered by the 55th Super Long Range Emigration Fleet (Macross 25 Frontier) and 51st Super Long Range Emigration Fleet (Macross 21 Galaxy) Fleets.
- Macross Galaxy heavily damaged and/or destroyed in orbit.
- emigration from the Macross Frontier fleet begins immediately.
A Unified Goverment Emigrant Planet. Homeworld of the Zolans and the Galactic Whales Graveyard. ZZNKQB National Broadcast.
- 2047.04: Basara Nekki embroils himself in a conflict between Galactic Whale poachers and the Zolan Patrol Force.
© Aaron Sketchley