|Sketchley's Translations Main Index||Macross Portal|
|By AARON SKETCHLEY (aaronsketch@HOTdelete_thisMAIL.com)||Ver 1.1 2015.09.20|
|SDF-1 Macross: A Thorough Analysis|
Things To Be Prepared:
Knife, ruler, woodworking glue (a quick-drying type is useful), double-sided tape (5 mm wide type is useful), bamboo skewers (for spreading glue), 3 toothpicks (for the 3 antenna), cellophane tape, pin set (ones with sharpened tips are useful), tissue (two-ply), handicraft mat, colour pens (if colouring the paper cross sections)
The following process is for assembling the papercraft in the standard way.
1) if you miss when cutting the parts or to confirm construction, make a copy on either normal or thick paper.
2) check the parts list page, and while taking care if its an inner or outer fold, steadily make the fold.
3) before affixing parts, confirm their final position
4) glue on the diamond shapes to the white surface using the instructions
5) until the glue dries, keep the parts firmly together (use the pins in the small spots)
6) in places where you can see the white paper, use similar coloured pens to finish the papercraft neatly.
Apply the following process to each part before each item is assembled.
1) In order to make a beautiful fold, add a fold seam with such things as the back of a knife, while holding a ruler along the fold line before cutting out the parts. Hold the knife diagonally and draw it along the fold line, so that it won't disfigure the printed surface.
2) While carefully holding a ruler along the cut line, cut out each part, one at a time, in number order. Write the part number on the back of each part that you cut out.
3) With the margins for pasting together which have green letters written on them - before sealing the pieces together, cut and affix double-sided tape according to the size of the overlap. Write the width of the overlap on the reverse side of the part, and affix the double-sided tape to the reverse of the overlap. Affix the overlaps of the parts with nothing written in the ◆, and the red, pink-grey, or blue-grey letters, with glue.
[Choose either the Fortress Ship or the Storming Attack Form (Standby Posture or Buster Cannon Firing posture)]
This product is one where you choose either the "Fortress Ship" or the "Storming Attack Form" of the SDF-1 Macross, and assemble. There are two kinds of "Storming Attack Form" - the Buster Cannon main gun is in the standby posture or in the firing posture.
1) Construct each part as a block unit according to each paragraph.
2) Choose wither you'll be assembling the "Fortress Ship" or the "Storming Attack Form".
3) Connect each assembled block to the assembled parts for connecting them.
4) When assembling the kit, the overlap parts which are needed for either the "Fortress Ship" or the "Storming Attack Form" will ruin its appearance. Cover the corresponding parts in accordance with the assembly process - if it's the "Fortress Ship", than cover the 強あ〜の overlap parts, and if it's the "Storming Attack Form", than cover the 艦あ〜の parts.
Warning On The Handling And Use Of The Product
*Please read before using this product
Target Age: not less than 15 years old
- keep away from fire and small kids who might eat the small parts
- this is for 15 year olds and older. Don't let small kids do this unsupervised.
- take care not to cut yourself when assembling it
- don't use it for anything but its intended purpose
- regarding incidents when you don't use the product as intended and so on, we won't be able to compensate you. Please use the product after carefully reading this warning.
- copying and reprinting this product without permission is firmly prohibited.
Black Lines are the lines to cut along.
Blue Lines are for "mountain" folds.
Red Lines are for "valley" folds.
Green Lines are parts that are rolled around a round rod and firmly add a roundness to them in the direction of the arrows.
1 After folding the ● inside the interior of A-1 and pasting together ◆1~10, finish it by pasting it together by smearing glue on the ☆ parts and folding them into the interior of the part.
2.1 Paste together ◆1~6 on A-2.
2.2 Arrange and past together top and bottom あ-1 on assembled part A-2 and ア-1 on assembled part A-1.
3 caption: No.1.2
3.1 Paste A-3 and A-4 together.
3.2 After smearing glue on the ● on A-3 and A-4, insert it into the opening cut into the back of the parts assembled in No.1.2, and paste them together.
4.1 After pasting together ◆1 to 8 on A-5, paste together ◆ 9 to 12. Finally, after spreading glue on the ☆, insert the ☆ flap inside, and paste it together.
5 captions: No.1.3, No.1.4
5.1 Match together the あ-2 and ア-2 top and bottom, left and right letters on the top and bottom of the assembled No.1.3 and No.1.4 parts, and paste them together.
6.1 After tucking the ● flap on A-6 inside, paste together ◆1 to 8.
7.1 Paste together ◆1 to 6 on A-7.
7.2 After matching the top and bottom ア-3 on the assembled A-7 and the あ-3 on the assembled A-6 from No.1.6 and smearing glue on the ☆, insert the ☆ flap inside, and paste each one together.
8.1 After pasting together ◆1 to 3 on A-8, smear glue on the ● and paste them together.
8.2 Paste together A-9 and A-10.
8.3 Match up the あ-4 circumference overlap on the assembled A-9 and A-10, and paste it onto the ア-4 on the assembled part A-8.
9 captions: No.1.7, No.1.8
9.1 Match up the top and bottom あ-5 and ア-5 on the parts completed in No.1.7 and No.1.8, and paste them together.
No.2 Item: Chest Assembly
Process Sheet 01 B-1~11 according to the basic construction:
1 caption: * keep the line on B-2 horizontal
1.1 After affixing flap 1 on B-1 to B-2, assembling it into a ring shape and pasting [all of] the flap 2 to B-2, paste [all of] the flap 3 to B-3. At that time, referring to the illustration, paste them together linking up the stalks of the thick black line on B-2 to B-1, and taking care of the thick black line when affixing it to the B-3 side so it is horizontal.
※ B-4 to 6 are also similarly assembled.
2 captions: イ-1上 (up), イ-1左 (left), イ-1右 (right)
2.1 Paste together the ● on B-7 with the central surface assembled in an indented form.
2.2 Paste together the イ-1 top and bottom and left and right of the assembled B-7 onto B-8.
3 caption: No.2.1
3.1 After pasting together ◆1 and ◆2, 3, and ◆4 and ◆5,6, tuck the ● flaps inside, and paste together ◆7 to 16.
3.2 After pasting together ◆17 to 22 on the assembled B-8 with the part that was assembled in No.2.1, paste together ◆23, 24, and ◆25~27. The opposite side is pasted together in a similar way.
3.3 After pasting together ◆39 to 51 on the assembled B-8, reinforce the part by firmly stuffing tissue into the hole in the bottom with all your might, while taking care of not distorting the part's shape.
No.3 Item: Hull Front Assembly
Process Sheet 02 C-1~17 according to the basic construction:
1 Captions: ウ-1上 (up), ウ, 1, 右 (right), 左 (left), ウ-2上 (top), ウ-2右 (right), ウ-2下 (bottom), ウ-2左 (left)
1.1 Paste together ◆1 and 2 on C-1 and C-2.
1.2 Paste together the ウ-1 top and bottom on the assembled C-1 and the ウ-2 top and bottom on C-2 to C-3.
2 caption: No.3.1
2.1 After pasting together ◆1 and 2 on C-4 and C-5 to the part assembled in No.3.1, paste together ◆3 to 6 and ◆7 to 10.
3 caption: No.3.2
3.1 Paste together ●1 to 4 on C-6 and C-7.
3.2 Paste together ◆11 to 21 on C-6, and ◆22 to 32 on the part completed in No.3.2.
4 caption: No.3.3
4.1 Paste together ●1 and 2 on C-8.
4.2 Paste together ◆33 to 37 on the part completed in No.3.3.
5 caption: No.3.4
5.1 Paste together ◆38 to 55 on C-9 to the part completed in No.3.4.
5.2 Paste together ◆56 to 73 on C-10 to the part completed in No.3.4.
5.3 Paste together ◆74 on C-9 and ◆75 on C-10.
5.4 Paste together ◆76 to 80 on C-9.
5.5 Paste together ◆81 to 85 on C-10.
5.6 Paste together ◆86 on the part completed in No.3.4, and after reinforcing by packing tissue into the port cut in the underside of that part, seal that cut port with cellophane tape.
6 caption: ※ assemble 9 Large Beam Cannons in the same way.
6.1 After folding and pasting together the point that surrounds the 〇 on C-11 in the upper half, paste together ◆1 to 8, and after smearing glue on the inner part, paste them together and close the ● like a closed lid.
6.2 After pasting together the ● on C-12, and after smearing glue on the inner part, paste together and close the ◎ like a closed lid.
6.3 Arrange the ♥ on the completed C-12 and the ♡ on C-11 with the letters aligned, and paste them together.
6.4 Arrange the う-3 and the ウ-3 on the completed part and the part completed in 3.5 with the letters aligned, and paste them together.
7 caption: ※ assemble 17 Missile Cannons in the same way.
7.1 After folding and pasting together the point that surrounds the ○ on C-13 in the upper half, in the same way as C-11 in 3.6, paste together the ◆1 to 6, and after smearing glue on the inner part, paste them together and close the ● like a closed lid.
7.2 After pasting together the ● on C-14, and after smearing glue on the inner part, paste together and close the ◎ like a closed lid.
7.3 Arrange the ♥ on the completed C-14 and the ♡ on C-13 with the letters aligned, and paste them together.
7.4 Arrange the う-4 and the ウ-4 on the completed part and the part completed in 3.5 with the letters aligned, and paste them together.
No.4 Item: Hull Rear Assembly
Process Sheet 03 D-1~18 according to the basic construction:
1 Captions: No.3.8
1.1 After pasting together ◆1 to 4 on D-1 and reinforcing by packing tissue into it, paste together ◆5 to 7.
1.2 Align the え-1 and エ-1 letters on the part completed in No.3.8 and the assembled D-1, and paste them together.
2.1 After folding the ● inside on D-2, paste together ◆1 to 6. The part should attain an indented shape.
3.1 After folding the ● inside on D-3, paste together ◆1 to 6. The part should attain an indented shape.
4 Captions (upper picture): エ-2上 (up), エ-2右 (right), エ-2下 (down), エ-2左 (left)
(lower picture): D-4, エ-2上 (up), No.4.3, エ-2下 (down), Cross-section View