Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
|Locations: Charest / Britannia|
Britannia is one of the largest and oldest colonies in the Unified Government.
After the devastation of Earth by the Zentraadi, many of the surviving people desired to be as far away as possible from Earth in case another Zentraadi Fleet appeared to complete the unfinished job. Such was the feeling of many of the people of England, who strived to flee Earth and start afresh somewhere else.
In 2014, a planet capable of sustaining human life was found in the Charest system. The second planet of the Charest system was named Britannia, and many of the surviving English people and clones of English people came to make a new world, very similar in fact to the Pilgrims leaving England and starting afresh in the new land of North America. To begin with, life was hard on Britannia, but the emigrants fought to make their mark and build their new home. After much exploration of the planet and the star system it lay in, the emigrants discovered that it was rich in various minerals and ores, especially the two moons of Britannia: Brit A & Brit B.
Following these discoveries, the Unified Government funded the Britannia Colony, and began to use it as a resupply and repair base for its forces. The Britannia Colony world now stands as a major part of the machine that keeps the Unified Space Forces running.
Education: under investigation
Economy: under investigation
Government: Independant / Unified Government Supported Emigrant Planet Government.
- Under investigation
How Perceived Others: under investigation
How Perceived By Others: under investigation
- 2014: habitable planet discovered in the Charest Star System by a Close Range Emigration Fleet. Emigration begins immediately.
- pre-2050: residents of Britannia are unsatisfied with the Unified Government, and actively voice their displeasure.
- early 2050: Sector Seven Space Pirates (SSSP) steal from both military and civilian freighters passing through the outskirts of the star system
- 2050.01.12: the 13th MEU 13 folds to Britannia to begin a publicity operation with the Britannia Royal Marines.
- 2050.02.14: continuing troubles between the Unified Government and the emigrants of Britannia.
- 2050.03.01: Britannia formally requests that the Unified Government return all of its personnel. Suspicions rise in the Unified Government that Britannia 'may' have had advance knowledge of the Anti-UN invasion of Eskar III.
- 2050.03.19: negotiations conclude between Britannia's government, the ruling body of the Sovereign Independent States (SIS), and the government of Eskar III. POWs are returned, Britannia signs a non-aggression treaty with the SIS, and recognizes both the SIS and that Eskar III is a member of the SIS. The Unified Government loses access to the vital fleet repair and supply resources that Britannia provides. The treaty provides the government of Britannia with an excuse to distance themselves from the belligerent actions that the Unified Government continues to take against member planets.
- 2050.03.20: the entirety of Britannia's Colony Defence Forces (CDF) are activated and put on high alert. The space CDF fleet is deployed to patrol all points of the Charest system in anticipation of an attack by the SSSP.
- 2050.03.23: Britannia is attacked by Meltrandi mercenaries and the SSSP. The SSSP vaporizes New London, turning it into a giant blast crater. The subsequent fireball and shockwave causes damage to other cities, and devastates a huge portion of the planet's agriculture and industry. The orbital shipyards are also destroyed. Mercenaries capture three Colony Defence Force ships.
- 2050.04 and onwards: Britannia turns to the SIS for assistance. Due to the scale of the disaster and limited amount of assistance, Britannia recinds its agreements and turns to the Unified Government for assistance. The colony slowly rebuilds, but its economic, military and political power never reaches their former heights.
medium sized yellow star similar to Sol.
67 Lightyears (6 hours & 42 minutes Space Fold) from Sol
Hot and rocky with a violently dangerous atmosphere.
- a small moon.
Emigrant Planet, Unified Space Forces Fleet Repair and Supply Base. Britannia is in almost the exact same position and orbit as Earth. Such a planet so similar to, and so near Earth shocked and surprised Earth's Scientists, leading them to believe that more such planets should exist nearby.
Atmosphere: Earth standard
Gravity: 1.0 Earth standard
Navigation: buoys, military ships, satellites
Population: 10 million
Resources: under investigation
Size: under investigation
Temperature: under investigation
Volcanoes: under investigation
Water: under investigation
1 AU from Charest
Equatorial Diameter: 11,253 km
Length of Day: 23.98 hours
Length of Year: 365.23 days
(former) Capital City
Population: under investigation
- was competely destroyed in March, 2050.
RM Poole & RMAS Plymouth
UNAF Halton & UNAF Yeovilton
UNN New Portsmouth
A dead planet with no atmosphere.
A large gas giant.
A gas giant.
|The Newton Asteroid Belt
A huge asteroid belt that circles the entire star system. It is sparsely filled with large and small asteroids in slow orbits. Dangerous for large ships to fly through, but not so much of a problem for small fighters.
The Unified Space Forces Galaxy Patrol frequently does sweeps of the asteroid field to ensure no pirates or Anti-UN Rebels are hiding in it.
A frigid planet of frozen ice
A frozen dead planet with only a minimal atmosphere of freezing cold winds.
Unified Space Forces Small Listening Outpost
- Unified Space Forces' Space Fold Communications Relay Station.
© Aaron Sketchley