Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
Contains a large, somewhat kidney shaped, dense cluster of stars. It has been further subdivided by the Unified Government into 8 smaller subsections. The large dense cluster of stars occupies the first 6 subsections, with the latter two being relatively empty voids.
This sector is mostly a thoroughfare to other sectors in this district of Unified Government space. Sector Six was officially colonized by the Unified Government in 2043, but it has had a local population for a good 8 or more years before official emigration started. The local population quickly established itself as a sovereign group with a significant amount of wealth from mining and agriculture facilities.
The fold-lane passing through Pegas-2 was one of the major supply routes to the Macross 15 Emigration Fleet, and the minor strife with the Unified Government trade inspectors has begun to take on major complications. As of 2050, the whole sector is a Unified Government no-fly-zone. Of its neighbors, Sector 7 is embroiled in heavy military actions by the Marines, due to a large uprising by the local populations. Sector 5 is only sparsely populated, and there are few viable safe Soace Fold routes near to Sector Six.
The largest, and hosts some 30 brown dwarf and collapsing super stars. There is a black hole believed to be forming (thus the reason for the dense cluster of stars) of unmeasured scale in the center. This section is the closest to Sector 2, and Earth. The navigation hazard presented by the black hole and the dense packing of the stars has prevented a more complete exploration of Sector Six - access usually requires passing through Sector 5 or 7.
Mostly space dust and "proto-stars," which isn't quite dense enough to be considered a true nebula. The section has a few permanent registered populations.
These are rough "slices" of the kidney, and contain approximately 8.5 stars each.
This is the least dense portion of stars in the cluster, and occupies a good third of it. This section is closer to Sector 5, and is on the main trade route from Sectors 3, 4, 5, and part of Sector 2, to the area that the M15 fleet is currently exploring (circa 2050). It has a few permanent registered populations.
Section F was first colonized in 2043, and has quickly established itself as a sovereign group with a significant amount of wealth from mining and agricultural facilities. The sector's government is dictatorial in nature, though composed of a group of candidates from each of the solar systems in the sector, in addition to the asteroid mining company.
The sectors location, away from major shipping lanes, has limited its growth to some degree. However, more than the location, is the Unified Government Space Port; through which all trade goods must pass through Unified Government trade inspectors in order to use the established Space Fold routes. This state of trade has bred a fair amount of animosity toward the Unified Government Emigrant Planets in Sector Six space, and tensions have been rising. The acquisition of a large scale warship would allow the Sector Six establishment to pose a major threat, and possibilly even threaten the Unified Government controlled planet of Pegas-2.
There are no relevant systems or bases within two parsecs of these locations:
? ly: The Bell Cluster
- Mining company paid security group
- est.: 1 warship
- est. 10+ fighter craft and pilots
- Natural satellites: None
- T.B.C.-M.C.F. Orbital:
T.B.C. Mining Company Floating Office. This small facility has several offices and housing facilities for the staff there, as well as two hard docks, small and large. It can accommodate a small number of shuttle craft, and typically has trade delegations from around the local systems and from further beyond.
? ly: Fegal
- No known military forces
? ly: Finar
- No known military forces
? ly: Rock 387
Home of the Unified Space Forces base for Sector 6 (though a sub-base of operatives exists on the orbital at Iota at Pregas 2).
- Unified Forces
- 1 Unified Space Forces Field Office and Fold Point Coordination Office
- 30 Staff Officers and crew for the Space Station orbiting Rock 387
- 1 VF-11C & F unit (5 fighters and pilots)
- 60+ infantry/military police
- 2050 early: was heavily bombarded by an Anti-UN group. The Dark Princes arrived too late to help the base and the Excellent departed, leaving a good deal of her crew behind until new staff could arrive to help refit the base.
? ly: Pregas 2
A binary star system. Primary is a deep red giant.
Orbits within the outer limits of the primary star, and is invisible due to its position just inside the companion star's orbit.
- Gamma Ay
- Gamma Bee
- Gamma See
- Pregas 2b
Brighter red hued main sequence star. Is the secondary star in the binary system.
- Beta Ay
- Beta Bee
- Beta See
Known as the show off of the system, having both a ring system, as well as two moons. It has a small, completely contained "tourist facility", as surface temperatures race up into hundreds of degrees Celsius from the sun. Due to its proximity to the two suns, the outer layer of the planet's rings are constantly in a liquid state, making for a spectacle from the planets surface. It's nicknamed 'The Mercury Ring'.
- Theta Ay
- Theta Bee
- Theta See
Home of the Unified Government in this sector. It has unusual food preparation rules, and a resource trade deficit.
- Rotational period: 20.5 hours.
- Population: 300,000 with up to 3,000 transient.
- Government: Unified Government
Local Independent Militia
- 2 VF-4 and pilots
- 200 infantry/military police
- 1,000+ reserves/draftees/volunteers
- 2050: orbital station assaulted by an Anti-UN group operating from within the sector.
- Iota Ay
- Unified Government Trade Centre (UG TC) Orbital Station
A trade centre and customs/immigrations processing station. The UG TC is shaped similar to the New Macross class Emigrant Ships. An open colliseum looks out over the planet and suns of the system, with 3/4 showing through glass. All of this surface area is capable of been closed in by armored plates. Typically only 10% of the "sky" shows. People not accustomed to it become disoriented by the view of space.
The interior of the station is a maze of passages and hallways typical to any large building, with elevators, walkways, offices and homes. The facility is not that large, with the docking bays taking up most of the quarter that has no exposure. The city buildings run up against the docking bays in a kind of angular bulkhead, and the colliseum is 50%+ open pressure space with the trading markets in a wide open market surrounding the Central Park.
- Standard space dock, and can facilitate up to 12 50,000 ton spaceships in pressure dock, as well as 30+ small craft under 50 tons in the pressure dock.
- 4 landing pads for 400+ ton ships. These are not pressure docks, and require umbilical or flight suits to move to and from the station. Typically a small ship debarking from the larger ships moves to pressure dock in these situations.
- 2 parks: one on the "top" floor, near the docking bays. The other, Central Park, is in the center of the colliseum, and has a great view of the Pregas 2 binary stars.
A small gas giant
The second Emigrant Planet in the system.
? ly: Outside the Pregas 2 System
Unified Space Forces Defence Satellites
A string of satellites half a parsec wide. Approximately 200 in total, in an X-Y grid.
Unified Governmet Space C&SC (aka: SeeSas, Oberth)
The Unified Government Space Customs And Securty Center is a free floating station about 20,000 km out from the farthest planet in the Pregas 2 system, located in the center of the USF Defence Satellites. The SeeSas, as most people in the sector refer to it as, is known to Unifed Government personnel as Oberth. It is one of the few remaining Oberth Space Destroyers still in existence in the Unified Space Forces.
BCTC-TC and FTO
- Acts as a Border Crossing between the no-mans' land between Dorta and Pregas 2. All ships are registered at this point.
- Though retrofitted to some degree, the Oberth itself is useful as little more than a control center for the defence satellites. Only half of its weapons are active, and it has no propulsion system whatsoever, thus its permanent stationing at this location.
The BCTC Trade Center and Free Trade Orbital is the Sector Six Passenger Immigration Center, and it pales in comparison to the UG-TC at Pregas 2.
A mess of craft that have been "fitted" together. Some are simply transports that have been lashed in place, other are liners that have been gutted and rehulled into place. In general, the place is a mess and difficult to navigate for a newcomer. The whole place is centered around what might have been a free trader's heavy transport. The only reason the place can exist as it does is its free floating nature - it once was an orbital station, but long since lost its capabilities to maintain any decent orbit and was pushed out into space to act as the opposing twin of SeeSas (UNG C&SC). The BCTC-TC is heavily policed, and violence is not unknown. Although Unified Government and Unified Forces people are steered clear of the "messier" places, it's pretty obvious this is a run-down station with a run-down population.
The interior of the center is 100% internal. Some locations near the "edges" have ports to view out of, but the majority look out on exostructure and deck plating. The interior of the center is a real maze of passages and chambers, all most all of them are to trading centers and small outfits, private traders companies, Sector Six internal trading, as well as a few Unified Goverment trading outfits.
None of the hulls have pressure docks, and all movement to and from the ships are made by small shuttle craft, of which there is a plethora of private captains. The captains of these craft refer to themselves as Stewards, and most are known to the locals as "FatStews"; though the origins of this name is obscure.
- The central part, known as the CORE, is a single ship that was the original center of operations. It is controlled by the government. The CORE is not visible from outside the station. Only about a third of the center is accessable to the public. The rest of the center acts a temporary base for the Six Shooters command staff as well as some members of government.
- JELUP, the next hull "above" the CORE, is the headquarters of the heavy police presence.
- AVIN, directly "beneath" the CORE, was a luxury liner and acts as the primary housing facility and restaurant section for visitors.
- BLEEPIN, is the residential sector, and is made up of several small ships. It continues to grow externally as more people come to stay at BCTC-TC&FTO.
- EL-ONE and EL-TWO, are the primary docking areas, and are separated from the rest of the station by CUSTOMS.
Sports a modest hard docking port, suiting up to 4 x 400t+ ships in dock at once, and 20+ 50t to 400t ships. It has but one pressure dock through AVIN, which can suit just about any single ship up to 50t tons max.
- CUSTOMS, is the passageway that looks suspiciously like a cargo tube that seperates EL-ONE and EL-TWO from the rest of the station. It is home to the customs officials and their officers.
? ly: Dorta
A relatively small, moderately cool, red star.
The most populous of the "Sector Six" conglomeration of free colonies. Also the most friendly to the Unified Government and home of the largest (orbital) trade center in the subsector. Public drinking & drug usage is prohibited. Has a resource trade deficit.
- Population: 100,000 with 50,000 transient.
- Government: local
Local militia comprised of the "Six Shooters".
- 30+ VF pilots
- 10+ space fighter/shuttle Pilots
- 5+ heavy ground defence
- 1,200+ infantry/military police and Command staff
- 7,000+ reserves/draftees/volunteers
Significant War Craft:
- 47+ space fighters/Variable Fighters
- 2+ warships (200+ tons)
- Alpha Ay
Supports an individualistic group of people who live in a Biodome.
A free trade center, and is probably the newest bit of technology in the whole Sector. It is a fairly busy port, acting as the primary mover of goods in and out of the system. Typically it's port is full, with transports and heavier ships picking their own orbits waiting for a chance to get into hard dock. All of the trade goods that pass from system to system are traded here, and a decent sized market has grown. ORTRAC is also the primary communications relay point to and from Unified Government controlled space, as well as the key jumping point to almost all other systems in Sector Six.
- a tube that stands on "end" to the planet.
- three docking rings for 30 to 100 ton ships in hard dock.
- just below the lowest docking ring, is a pressure dock ring, which can facilitate up to 20 smaller craft (the largest ship it can facilitate is the Stargoose).
- Below that are 11 levels, each being 3 "floors" deep, and having separate gravity fields to keep each floor at the same gravity.
- first 5 floors are accessible to the public
- the next two down are private estates and housing
- the last 4 are military and governmentally controlled and include the engineering departments.
- the lower half section has some simple defenses, and the power systems and propulsion systems (only enough to correct orbital variance, it is in a stationary orbit).
- has four defense satellites that float around its position in orbit. These are equivalent to the Unified Space Forces Defence Satellites, and have set the Trade Center back a huge chunk of cash.
A very wide asteroid belt, with asteroids up to 500 m in radius.
A rock with no atmosphere, but a small quantity of water. It sports some small mining operations.
- Population: several thousand
- Government: local
Military - Local Militia:
- The "Six Shooters":
This 'unit' is largely scattered through the sub-sector, divided in 'Units' that are very mercenary in their movements. However, they are all devoted to the protection of the populace they serve, and are generally recieved as heros.
- Gamma Ay
A tiny, ice encrusted natural satellite, with little mass, a small population of miners, and the only resource is a naturally formed "heavy water" contained within the ice. The heavy water is the prime resource that drives the industry of the Gamma colonies.
- Home to a secret base for operative of unknown alliance.
? ly: Whade
Military - Local Militia
A small group of paid mercenaries.
- 3+ Destroids and pilots
- 1 VF-1A and pilot
- 70+ reserves/draftees/volunteers
Basically an empty void that's notorious for barely visible asteroids and comets that seemingly appear out of nowhere. It is usually avoided by all but the foolish and insane.
Has a small cluster of stars in the furthest corner from occupied space. The cluster is rumored to contain a small fleet of rogue Zentraadi from Bodolza's Fleet.
© Aaron Sketchley