Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
A small long-range liaison craft loaded aboard the SDF-1. As it can reproduce the high-speed of an average fighter craft, the RC-4E was also called the "Damn it Bunny". Several varieties of several craft exist, with long range radar equipment, light armaments, and so on.
- Speed increase with later era models (as it was originally designed in the 2000-2010 period and there are engine advances by 2050.)
- Mounting points for a pair of VF-1 FAST packs. In general, only the NP-BP-T1 Booster Rocket Packs are used.
- Chaff/Flare Dispensers; recommended bumping up to 20 flares, 20 chaff, 8 squibs.
One pilot and one co-pilot wearing Tactical Life Support System.
Cargo: May be used to transport weapons if needed.
MDC BY LOCATION:
Legs/Engine Thrusters 200 each
(1) Main Body 325
Reinforced Crew Compartment 250
Searchlights (2) 15 each
Main Thrusters (4) 80 each
Top Sensor/Radar Unit 30
Communications Antennae(2) 10 each
Depleting the MDC of the main body will destroy the mecha.
FLYING, GERWALK CONFIGURATION:
Mach One (670 mph/1072 kmph) maximum speed limit in an Earth-like atmosphere.
Can also hover in place indefinitely.
FLYING, SHUTTLE CONFIGURATION:
Mach 2.71+ max speed at 10,000 meters or less above sea level.
Mach 3.87+ max speed at 10,000-40,000 meters above sea level; Note cannot break 40,000 without booster assistance.
7.3 metric tons
CARGO: Cargo: Large back hatch for easy access to cargo bay. May be used to transport weapons if needed. (Note: in DYRL game this where Fokker acquired gunpod for Hikaru.)
1. HAND TO HAND COMBAT:
If necessary, the RC-4 can engage in melee combat. The rabbit has no bonuses.
COMPATIBLE FAST PACKS:
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR THE RC-4E:
- SURVEILLANCE RADAR WITH SENSOR: mounted to shuttle’s fuselage. Range 400 miles
- AUTO-PILOT: The Rabbit is equipped with a computerized auto-pilot, allowing the pilot to relax or even sleep during long voyages. The auto-pilot can be programmed with a single destination or a complex flight plan involving multiple speeds, directions, and destinations. The onboard computer will alert the pilot when the shuttle is near its destination, and can also be set to automatically signal when sensors detect objects near the mecha. The auto-pilot was designed with long intra-system space journeys in mind.
- COMBAT COMPUTER: The combat computer tracks and identifies specific enemy targets, and has a database of over 1,000,000 images stored in memory. The computer can identify and track up to 10,000 targets simultaneously.
- EXTERNAL AUDIO PICKUP: Range: 300 ft (91.5 m). A sound amplification system that can pick up normal conversation up to 300 feet away.
- HEAT AND RADIATION SHIELDS: Special shielding prevents the penetration of life threatening head and radiation. A radiation detection and alarm system are linked with the shields and will sound an alarm if there is a rupture in the shields and what the levels of radiation are.
- HOMING SIGNAL: The Rabbit is equipped with a homing device that enables rescue teams to locate a disabled craft. The range of the signal is 400 miles (640 km). Most ships can locate and track a homing signal, and the onboard computers will automatically notify their pilots if such a signal is
- LOUDSPEAKER: A loudspeaker system is built into the craft, which can be used to amplify the pilot's voice up to 90 decibels.
- OPTICS: INFRARED: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). This optical system projects a beam of infrared light that is invisible to the normal eye, but detectable by the mecha sensors. The system allows the pilot to detect hidded/concealed objects by their IR reflectiveness. The beam will be visible to anyone with IR sensitive optics, however.
- OPTICS: NIGHTVISION: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive light image intensifier that emits no light of its own, but relies on ambient light which is electronically amplified to produce a visible picture.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with satellite relay capabilities. Range: 100,000 miles or can be boosted indefinitely via satellite relay.
- SELF-DESTRUCT: To prevent capture of an advance variable fighter by the enemy, the pilot can activate the Rabbit self-destruct system, which will cause the shuttle to explode after a delay of up to 60 minutes (time is set by the pilot).The explosive damage is contained within a 20 foot (6 m) area and inflicts 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within the radius of the explosion. All internal systems are obliterated.
- STANDARD SURVIVAL KIT: The RC-4 comes equipped with a portable survival kit. Inside the small reinforced box is a medium-sized flashlight, two hand flares, one rocket flare, a compass, infrared distancing binoculars, a small mirror, a pocket knife, dehydrated and concentrated food (can be stretched into a five day supply for one person) and basic first aid items (aspirin, bandages, disinfectants, etc.)
- TACTICAL LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM: The RC-4 cockpit is pressurized, and
also provides additional air feeds to the pilot's flight suit that provides him with pressurized breathing. The flight suit also contains an upper and lower g-suit that
promotes blood circulation even during high-g turns, thus decreasing the possibility of pilot's blacking out in combat.
© Aaron Sketchley