Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
|Small Transport Aircraft (Macross 7)|
The Unified Forces's Transport Aircraft is a all around workhorse of the fleet. It is commonly used to carry mecha and for other transport duties. It can be used for other special operations like the capture sphere used to transport Sivil when she was captured by Macross 7 forces. Mainly used in atmospheres it is primarliy used in planetary operations. These craft are not very well armored as demostrated by thier easy destruction by the Varuhta Forces. They always have escorts nearby when in operation.
VTOL Light Transport
2 wearing Tactical Life Support System.
MDC BY LOCATION:
(1) Cockpit 95
VTOL Thrusters (2) 80 each
Rear Thrusters (2) 45
Searchlights (2) 40 each
(2) Main Body 250
Wings (2) 80 each
Tail Fins (2) 50 each
Reinforced Crew Compartment/Escape Pod 100
Cargo Hoist 80
Capture Apparatus (optional) 75
Destroying the cockpit will cause the VTOL to go out of control and crash shortly after.
Depleting the MDC of the main body will destroy the VTOL. The pilot and cockpit section/escape pod will be automatically ejected from the doomed VTOL before it explodes by the main computer.
- 400 mph maximum speed limit in an Earth-like atmosphere. Can also hover in place indefinitely.
- 100 ft
- 30 tons
- 50 tons suspended underneath with hoist. VTOL speed is slowed by half by anything above 20 tons.
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR THE VTOL:
- AUTO-PILOT: The VTOL is equipped with a computerized auto-pilot, allowing the pilot to relax or even sleep during long voyages. The auto- pilot can be programmed with a single destination or a complex flight plan involving multiple speeds, directions, and destinations. The onboard computer will alert the pilot when the VTOL is near its destination, and can also be set to automatically signal when sensors detect objects near the it.
- CAPTURE SPHERE DEVICE: An optional piece of equipment that can be carried by cargo hoist this device can be used to generate field much like the varuata capture sphere of it's mecha. The device can generate an energy sphere that can be used to capture humanoids/speciems and store them safely for transport back to base. The semi-transparent sphere is generated by array of arms around it's target and lasts as long as the power source after being generated. The sphere is airtight, radiation-shielded, contains its own oxygen supply, and can even be used to transport captives through space. The sphere can absorb up to 300 SDC points (3 MDC point) of damage before dissipating. The sphere is 30 ft (9.1 m) in diatmeter.
- ESCAPE POD: The entire reinforced cockpit of the VTOL is a detachable escape pod that can be jettisoned when it is destroyed. The pod is NOT equipped with thrusters, but is equipped with a parachute to provide a soft landing in case of ejection in an atmosphere. The computer will automatically eject the cockpit when the main body MDC reaches zero, though the pilot can override this if he is feeling suicidal for some reason.
- HEAT AND RADIATION SHIELDS: Special shielding prevents the penetration of life threatening heat and radiation. A radiation detection and alarm system are linked with the shields and will sound an alarm if there is a rupture in the shields and what the levels of radiation are.
- HOMING SIGNAL: The escape pod of the VTOL is equipped with a homing device that enables rescue teams to locate a disabled craft or ejected life pod. The range of the signal is 400 miles (640 km). Most Unified Space Forces ships and variable fighters can locate and track the signal generated by this beacon.
- OPTICS: INFRARED: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). This optical system projects a beam of infrared light that is invisible to the normal eye, but detectable by the mecha's sensors. The system allows the pilot to detect hidden/concealed objects by their IR reflectiveness. The beam will be visible to anyone with IR sensitive optics, however.
- RADAR: 200 mile (321 km) range.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with satellite relay capabilities. Range: 600 miles (960 km) or can be boosted indefinitely via satellite relay.
- STANDARD SURVIVAL KIT(4): All Unified Space Forces craft come equipped with a portable survival kit. Inside the small reinforced box is a medium-sized flashlight, two hand flares, one rocket flare, a compass, infrared distancing binoculars, a small mirror, a pocket knife, dehydrated and concentrated food (can be stretched into a five day supply for one person) and basic first aid items (aspirin, bandages, disinfectants, etc.)
- TACTICAL LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM: The VTOL's cockpit is pressurized, and also provides additional air feeds to the pilots' flight suits that provides them with pressurized breathing.
© Aaron Sketchley