Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
|Transport Helicopter (Macross 7)|
The Unified Space Forces's Transport Helicopter is an all purpose transporter of heavy materials including Valkyries. It is also capable of recovering damaged mecha alike. It is limited to atmospheric operation and in number because of it's sheer size. One was used to transport General Exedore to a Protoculture Ruin he was investigating.
VTOL Heavy Transport
4 wearing Tactical Life Support System.
MDC BY LOCATION:
(1) Cockpit 150
VTOL Thrusters (4) 150 each
Rear Thrusters (2) 85
Searchlights (2) 40 each
(2) Main Body 450
Wings (4) 120 each
Reinforced Crew Compartment/Escape Pod 150
Cargo Hoist 120
Destroying the cockpit will cause the VTOL to go out of control and crash shortly after.
Depleting the MDC of the main body will destroy the VTOL. The pilot and cockpit section/escape pod will be automatically ejected from the doomed VTOL before it explodes by the main computer.
300 mph maximum speed limit in an Earth-like atmosphere. Can also hover in place indefinitely.
LENGTH: 200 ft
WEIGHT: 150 tons
CARGO: 300 tons suspended underneath with hoist. VTOL speed is slowed by half by anything above 150 tons.
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR THE VTOL:
- AUTO-PILOT: The VTOL is equipped with a computerized auto-pilot, allowing the pilot to relax or even sleep during long voyages. The auto-pilot can be programmed with a single destination or a complex flight plan involving multiple speeds, directions, and destinations. The onboard computer will alert the pilot when the VTOL is near its destination, and can also be set to automatically signal when sensors detect objects near the it.
- ESCAPE POD: The entire reinforced cockpit of the VTOL is a detachable escape pod that can be jettisoned when it is destroyed. The pod is NOT equipped with thrusters, but is equipped with a parachute to provide a soft landing in case of ejection in an atmosphere. The computer will automatically eject the cockpit when the main body MDC reaches zero, though the pilot can override this if he is feeling suicidal for some reason.
- HEAT AND RADIATION SHIELDS: Special shielding prevents the penetration of life threatening heat and radiation. A radiation detection and alarm system are linked with the shields and will sound an alarm if there is a rupture in the shields and what the levels of radiation are.
- HOMING SIGNAL: The escape pod of the VTOL is equipped with a homing device that enables rescue teams to locate a disabled craft or ejected life pod. The range of the signal is 400 miles (640 km). Most Unified Forces ships and variable fighters can locate and track the signal generated by this beacon.
- OPTICS: INFRARED: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). This optical system projects a beam of infrared light that is invisible to the normal eye, but detectable by the mecha's sensors. The system allows the pilot to detect hidden/concealed objects by their IR reflectiveness. The beam will be visible to anyone with IR sensitive optics, however.
- RADAR: 200 mile (321 km) range.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with satellite relay capabilities. Range: 600 miles (960 km) or can be boosted indefinitely via satellite relay.
- STANDARD SURVIVAL KIT(4): All Unified Forces craft come equipped with a portable survival kit. Inside the small reinforced box is a medium-sized flashlight, two hand flares, one rocket flare, a compass, infrared distancing binoculars, a small mirror, a pocket knife, dehydrated and concentrated food (can be stretched into a five day supply for one person) and basic first aid items (aspirin, bandages, disinfectants, etc.)
- TACTICAL LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM: The VTOL's cockpit is pressurized, and also provides additional air feeds to the pilots' flight suits that provides them with pressurized breathing.
© Aaron Sketchley