Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
|Micron Power Armour Mk 1.0|
The Mk 1.0 Micron Power Armour is the latest and most advanced Power Armour available to personnel in the UN Armed Forces. Unlike its predecessors, which are bulky and have low maneuverability, the Mk 1.0 is agile and form fitting. Advances in technology have permitted the creation of a light, full environment suit offering protection from micron and low powered macron scale weapons. Although it is certainly unable to withstand direct hits from macron scale weapons, it does offer protection against nearby macron scale explosions. The Mk 1.0 offers the pilot full environmental protection, and is able to operate in all environments, from water to space. However, it is recommended that the suits exposure to highly acidic environs be limited at best - as the resultant corrosion may erode the suits seals and the interior may become compromised.
The appearance and operation of the Mk 1.0 is strikingly similar to the Zentraedi Nousjadel-Ger, albeit without the shoulder cannon. Some infantry units do mount a shoulder cannon on the Mk 1.0, however this cannon is nothing more then a modified shoulder mounted rocket launcher. Due to this, many of the Zentraedi who joined the UN Armed Forces prefer to use the Mk 1.0 over other power armour and vehicles.
The Mk 1.0 is capable of limited flight in an atmosphere. However, due to the nature of the vehicle's missions, this capability is mostly used for skating at high speeds close to the ground and making leaps over large distances or up great heights. In general, personnel equipped with the Mk 1.0 use other vehicles for insertion and removal from an operation.
Equipping large numbers of troops with the Mk 1.0 and maintaining both the suits and the skills of their operators is a difficult and expensive proposition. For non-classical Zentraedi, learning to use the Mk 1.0 takes time, which is why the UN Armed Forces reserve power armour for specialist troops. These specialist troops rarely number more than a single Company per UN Army or UNSM regiment. UN Spacy units are smaller still, numbering only up to a couple of squads for boarding other ships either with routine inspections or hostile invasions. The UN Air Force is the branch of the UN Armed Forces that uses the Mk 1.0 the least, with usually only a single 10 man squad per base primarily tasked with guarding the strategic weapons stockpiles.
Development of the Mk 1.0 began shortly after the captured Factory Satellite arrived at Earth, in 2011, November, and the UN Spacy gained access to the extensive Zentraedi war machine blueprints contained within. Manufacturing of the Mk 1.0 began in late 2012. It has seen extensive use and successes through to 2035, when the Mk 3.0 was introduced and began to replace the Mk 1.0 in frontline positions. the vast majority of Mk 1.0 Power Armour are used for stellar construction and repair projects, when they are not used for military applications. For construction and repair, it is the almost exclusively used EVA suit. The suit's robust durability has certainly guaranteed that it will remain in the UN Armed Forces arsenal for decades to come.
Vehicle Type: UN Micron Power Armour Mk 1.0
Class: Micron Power Armour
Manufacturer: UN Government
Crew: One pilot wearing Tactical Life Support and cushioning System.
Customer: UN Armed Forces
Design Features: fully humanoid form for enhanced hand to hand combat. Large backpack with 3 dimensional moveable thrusters. Enclosed cockpit in the torso with only the pilots legs extending out of the torso and into the upper legs of the vehicle. Optional shoulder rocket/missile launcher.
SDC BY LOCATION:
The entire Mk 1.0 has an AR of 17. Meaning that any unmodified roll to strike of more 17 or higher will penetrate the armour and hit the pilot inside. Any unmodified roll to strike below 17 will only hit the armour. AR does not apply to MDC weapons.
Upper Legs ▓
Main Body ╣
Back Pack ║
Engine Thrusters│ (2)
╣ Depleting the SDC of the main body will destroy the Mk 1.0. If in a vacuum the suit will decompress.
▓ Destroying the upper legs will reveal the pilots leg within. There is a good chance that the pilot's leg will be highly injured in the process. In a vacuum, the unit will decompress.
│ Destroying a backpack thruster will reduce the top flying speed by 35%. Destroying two or more removes their movement abilities in an atmosphere. In space, destroying two reduces the speed by 70%.
║ Destroying the backpack will destroy the turbine engine and the fuel supply of the Mk 1.0. In space, the vehicle will be able to move by veneer thrusters alone. There is also a chance that the reactant fuel load will explode (GM's discretion) causing 1D3x10 MD.
The Mk 1.0 has extremely efficient and powerful moveable thruster array behnd the shoulders on the backpack. The vehicle also has a few strategically place veneer jets for maneuverability in space.
RUNNING: speed is roughly the same as the user's SPD. Fatigues at 1/3 the normal rate.
SKATING: in effect, hovering 1 to 10 cm off of the ground. 250 Kmph.
LEAPING: Capable of rocket assisted jumps.
FLYING: Incapable of flying in an atmosphere. Capable of rocket assisted jumps. In space, the Mk 1.0 can maneuver and fly at a speed of 300 Kmph. Roughly Mach 1 in space.
HEIGHT: adds 45 cm to the wearers height.
WEIGHT: 50 kg + pilot.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Adds +3 to user's PS.
POWER PLANT: Kranss-Maffai MT550 micro-thermonuclear turbine engine. Used to recharge the battery during extended missions. The turbine engine is considered to be noisy. Space flight and extended atmospheric flight will deplete the fuel reserves quickly. Fuel load: 3 days normal operations. 5 hours if constantly flying.
AUXILLARY POWER PLANT: Longlife Battery. Used during mission segments where maximum stealth is required.
CARGO: Additional equipment can be carried via backpack or military belts, though they may inhibit the Mk 1.0's capabilities.
1. CHEST SENSOR ARRAY AND WELDING LASER
In the initial 1.x trial production models, the power armour designers attempted to replicate the Nousjadeul-Ger chest cannon. The designers gave up on it as the resulting damage and weapon range were extremely poor, considering the heavy power demands of the weapon.
The chest cannon has been replaced by a combined sensor suite and welding utility laser. The majority of the Mk 1.0's impressive sensor capabilities are due to this change. When not needed, two protective armour plates cover the sensor suite and utility laser. Externally, the sensor suite and utility laser look exactly like the macron scale Nousjadeul-Ger's chest cannon.
- SPOTLIGHT: used for illumination, signaling and blinding opponents. Range: 80 m.
- See the STANDARD EQUIPMENT section for sensor abilties.
- Utility Laser
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Welding and construction/deconstruction work.
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: cutting open of armoured targets at close range to allow for explosives placement inside the target.
- RANGE: 3 m
- DAMAGE: Full melee burst: 1D4 MD to 1.5 m or 1D2 MD from 1.5 to 3 m. Otherwise, 1D6x10 SDC to 1.5 m or 1D3x10 SDC to 3 m per blast.
- RATE OF FIRE: Incapable of burst fire. Either fires a single blast or a long-duration beam.
- PAYLOAD: Effectively unlimited.
2. OPTIONAL MICRO-MISSILE LAUNCHER
A detachable micro-missile launcher cannon can be attached to the backpack of the Mk 1.0. The missile-launcher is only used during heavy combat engagements outside of confined spaces. It is never used inside of confined spaces due to the resulting chaos.
- RANGE: 4.9 Km
- DAMAGE: 1D6x10 MD per missile.
- RATE OF FIRE: Individually only, equal to the pilot's combined number of attacks.
- PAYLOAD: 3 per clip. Mk 1.0 Power Armour can carry two additional clips mounted on the hips. However, either another person changes the clips (1 action to retrieve a clip, 1 action for loading,) or the pilot can do it by themselves for 3 actions (1 to remove the launcher, 1 to retreive the clip and 1 to reattached the launcher.)
The launcher can be used as a handheld weapon, however it has a terrible kickback: -2 to strike. Cannot be used by unprotected humans due to the heated exhaust of the rockets.
3. HAND HELD WEAPONS
Any handheld weapon can be used by the Mk 1.0. If used, the weapon is either easily placed into a holster or is used only during the first few phases of combat and discarded. The standard weapon is usually an assault rifle or sniping rifle.
4. HAND TO HAND COMBAT
The Mk 1.0 does not give any excessive bonuses in hand to hand combat other than its armour protection. Unlike earlier models of Micron scale Power Armour, the Mk 1.0 does not impede the agility of the wearer and the artificial servos in the arms and legs do increase the hand to hand damage of the wearer.
- Pulled Punch: 1D6 SDC
- Swat: 2D6 SDC
- Full Strength Punch: 1D4x10 SDC
- Booster Punch (2 attacks): 1D8x10 SDC or 1D2 MD.
- Snap Kick: 4D4 SDC
- Kick: 1D6x10 SDC
- Leap Kick (2 actions): 2D6x10 SDC or 1D3 MD.
- Body Flip/Throw: 4D6 SDC (difficult, but well trained pilots can do it.)
- Body Block/Tackle: 2D6 SDC
- Stomp: 1D6 SDC. (only effective against small objects)
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR THE UN POWER ARMOUR Mk 1.0
- COMBAT COMPUTER W/HUD DISPLAYS: The Mk 1.0 Power Armour is equipped with a combat computer that can store and analyze data during combat with hostile forces. The helmet`s visor displays the information to the wearer of the suit in a HUD display format, which allows the computer to display large amounts of data to the pilot and even highlight enemies overlaid graphics. The combat computer tracks and identifies specific enemy targets, and has a database of over 1,000 images stored in memory. The computer can identify and track up to 25 targets simultaneously.
- EXTERNAL AUDIO PICKUP: A sound amplification system that can pick up normal conversation up to approximately 100 m away.
- HEAT AND RADIATION SHIELDS: Special coating on the armour prevents the penetration of life threatening heat and radiation. A radiation detection and alarm system are linked with the combat computer and will sound an alarm if there is a breach in the protective shielding and what the levels of radiation are. The same goes for breaches of the suit whilst in a vacuum.
- HOMING SIGNAL: The Micron Power Armour is equipped with a homing device that enables rescue teams to locate a disabled Destroid or ejected pilot. The range of the signal is 160 Km. Most UN Spacy ships, Variable Fighters and Destroids can locate and track homing signals, and the onboard computers will automatically notify their pilots if such a signal is detected.
- LASER TARGETING SYSTEM: Range: 3.2 km. Used for increased accuracy in the striking of enemy targets and provides the +1 bonus to hit.
- LOUDSPEAKER: A loudspeaker system is built into the suit, which can be used to amplify the pilot's voice up to 90 decibels.
- OPTICS: INFRARED: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). This optical system projects a beam of infrared light that is invisible to the normal eye, but detectable by IR sensors. The system allows the suit wearer to detect hidden/concealed objects by their IR reflectiveness. The beam will be visible to anyone with IR sensitive optics, however.
- OPTICS: NIGHTVISION: Range: 610 m. A passive light image intensifier that emits no light of its own, but relies on ambient light which is electronically amplified to produce a visible picture.
- OPTICS: THERMAL IMAGER: Range: 610 m. A passive optical heat sensor that detects infrared radiation projected by warm objects and converts that data into a false-color visible image. The system enables the pilot to see in the dark, in shadows, and through smoke, and also adds a +10% bonus to pilots using a tracking skill.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with satellite relay capabilities. Range: 320 km or can be boosted indefinitely via satellite relay.
- SELF-DESTRUCT: To prevent the capture of the vehicle by the enemy, the pilot can activate a self-destruct system, which will cause the vehicle to explode after a delay of up to 60 minutes (the time is set by the pilot). The explosive damage is contained within a 6 m area and inflicts 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within the radius of the explosion. All internal systems are obliterated.
Note: GM's may wish to reduce the damage to an SDC level.
- STANDARD SURVIVAL KIT: The Mk 1.0 Power Armoure comes equipped with backpack mounted equipment pouches which, amongst other things contain, a medium-sized flashlight, two hand flares, one rocket flare, an universal direction finder, infrared distancing binoculars, a small mirror, a pocket knife, dehydrated and concentrated food (can be stretched into a five day supply for one person) and basic first aid items (aspirin, bandages, disinfectants, etc.) There is ample room for more items such as extra food and water, ammunition, and other equipment.
- TACTICAL LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM: The Mk 1.0 Power Armour suit is pressurized, and provides air feeds to the suits helmet that provides them with pressurized breathing.
COMBAT BONUSES FOR MICRON POWER ARMOUR Mk 1.0 COMBAT TRAINING:
BASIC POWER ARMOUR COMBAT TRAINING
Basic training for non-pilot military personnel.
- Add one additional action/attack at levels seven and twelve.
- +1 strike (weapons only, not hand to hand.)
- No tilt-dodge.
- +1 roll with punch, fall or impact.
- Critical strike same as pilot's hand-to-hand.
- Body block/tackle/ram - 1D10 S.D.C. plus a 30% chance of knocking an opponent down, causing him to loose initiative and one attack that melee round.
ADVANCED POWER ARMOUR COMBAT TRAINING
Advanced training for pilots specializing in the UN Micron Power Armour Mk 1.0.
- Add one additional action/attack at levels three, six, eleven, and fifteen.
- +2 to strike (weapons only, not hand to hand)
- +2 parry
- +1 dodge
- -5 Tilt-dodge (available only while flying)
- +3 roll with punch, fall or impact
- Critical strike same as pilot's hand-to-hand
- Body block/tackle/ram - 2D6 S.D.C. plus a 50% chance of knocking an opponent down, causing him to loose initiative and one attack that melee round
© Aaron Sketchley