Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
The Conserax Probe Module is a highly advanced recon and intelligence gathering system which was developed by Unified Space Forces to assist their emigrant missions in gathering information which might otherwise be too risky for a manned recon craft. The device consists of a fuel module, 10 individual probes, and a nose section which acts as a signal relay satellite to boost and transmit any information gathered by the probes. The probes themselves are designed for remote guidance from the launching ship via an operator on the bridge which allows the operator to switch between probes, designate targets to track, and move probes into better position to observe. When not being directly controlled, the probes will switch over to a simple AI system in which they'll continue to observe, move into position to examine their last assigned target, and avoid enemy fire to the best of their ability. The system has been proven to be very effective in a range of activities from observing battlefield conditions and gathering intel on enemy craft to orbital surveys on uncatalogued planets. The launching system is fairly simple. The probe is designed to fit into a standard anti-warship missile tube. The probe is fired, expends it's fuel towards the target area, and then seperates into the probe system when it has arrived at the designated range.
New Unity Government (Earth)
Conserax Probe Module
Shinnakasu/General Galaxy (?)
None, although a remote operator is required for guidance.
MDC BY LOCATION:
Main Body 30
Probes (10) 5
- Speed(sublight): Mach 6, but can boost speed for a short time to almost Mach 20 to chase and track variable fighters.
Speed(Auxiliary Drives): None.
Space Fold: No fold capability.
- Not designed for manueverability in the atmosphere and would not survive atmospheric reentry.
- Maximum Range: Power cells and fuel supplies are not designed for long distance travel and as such probes are rarely the range of the ships control range. Power cells rarely last longer than a week at full use.
- Length: Outer Casing: 40 ft (12.5 m)
- Probes: 3.5 ft (1 m)
Weight: Outer Casing (loaded): 3 tons
Probes: 200 kg / each
- Power System:
- High-Output Batteries
- Fold System:
- Drive System:
- Agar Pulse Rocket Motor Cluster
- Gravity Control System: None
- Sensor System: Standard & Subspace Mass Detector
None. The Conserax Module is completely unarmed.
SYSTEMS OF NOTE:
- LONG-RANGE LASER/SATELLITE RELAY COMMUNICATIONS: The impressive communications array of the Conserax can communicate with up to 200 craft simultaneously at ranges of up to 1100 miles (1,775 km). This range can be boosted indefinitely by using satellites or other spacecraft as to relay communications.
- LONG-RANGE RADAR: The radar array of the Conserax is equally as impressive as the communication system, and can track and identify up to 2,000 craft simultaneously. The radar system has a 2,000 mile/3,200 km range.
- AUDIO/VISUAL TRANSMISSION: The Conserax is equipped with a state of the art 360 degree capable audio/visual tracking and transmission system. This allows it to transmit real time images and data back to ships as well as giving comprehensive scans of enemy mecha capabilities. Video is extremely fine resolution and videos can be enhanced through a variety of filters and sensors including infrared, low-light, 300x magnification, and a comprehensive radiation sensor suite.
© Aaron Sketchley