Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
|Unified Forces Defence Satellite|
The Unified Forces Defence Satellite is one of the many creations of the OTEC Company with the Unified Forces designed to complement the Earth Defence Force Fleet and defences of other emigrant planets and colonies. Utilising a simplistic AI system and remote controlling system hundreds, thousands, of Defence Satellites can be controlled by a single system or operator feeding target information to the satellites. The satellites are put into place and retrieved by ships of the fleet, having only vernier thursters. The satellites are capable of moving position by using their vernier thrusters, but only at a slow pace. The satellites are designed to fire primarily on enemy ships, which gives them a disadvantage attempting to shoot down enenmy fighters or mobile weapons. (Giving them the same negative modifiers that Capital Ships get attempting to hit mobile weapons with anti-warship weapons.)
A great concentration of Defence Satellites surround Earth. Thousands of satellites form an enormous defensive network around the planet, controlled by computers within the SDF-1 Macross. During 2040, when the Virtual Idol Sharon Apple hypnotised the populace of Earth, and took control of the X-9 Ghost, she also gained control of them by taking control of the Macross's main computer. This allowed her to open fire on Isamu Dyson and Yan Newman in the YF-19, as they attempted to breach the Earth's atmosphere. With the Earth Defence Network, this problem has now been solved by changing the Defence Satellites control over to an independant system. Defence Satellites can be controlled from a ground side system or a ship based system. If based on a ship and the ship passes out of communications range, the satellites will follow the last orders transmitted to them.
OTEC Company/Unified Forces
MDC BY LOCATION:
(1) Main Body 50
(2) Sensor Array 15
- Depleting the MDC of the main body will destroy the satellite, turning the satellite into burning debris.
- Destroying the sensor array will knock out the radar and communications of the satellite. The satellite will automatically go into standby mode and wait for an engineer or ship to bring it in for repair, if any previous targets are not detectable within visual range.
- Speed: 10 mph (sustained vernier thruster firing)
- The Defence Satellite is only usable in space. If released in an atmosphere it will plunge to the ground, its vernier thrusters incapable of keeping it aloft.
- Maximum Range: Unlimited (estimated 20 year life span, which can be extended with regular maintenance and overhauls)
- Length: 3.5 metres
- Power System: ORTEC/General Galaxy Main reactor
- Sensor System: Standard
1. LASER CANNON (1):
The laser cannon draws from a powerful reactor with a fast recharge time giving it a powerful punch. With a defence network of such satellites any colony world will have an excellent defence.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-Warship
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Defence
- RANGE: 100,000 miles (160,000 km)
- DAMAGE: 1D6x100 M.D. per blast
- RATE OF FIRE: Twice per melee.
SYSTEMS OF NOTE:
- LASER TARGETING SYSTEM: Range: 100 miles (160 km). Used for increased accuracy in the striking of enemy targets and is partly responsible for the satellite's strike bonus.
- OPTICS: INFRARED: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). This optical system projects a beam of infrared light that is invisible to the normal eye, but detectable by the satellites's sensors. The system allows the pilot to detect hidden/concealed
objects by their IR reflectiveness. The beam will be visible to anyone with IR sensitive optics, however.
- RADAR: 200 mile (321 km) range.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with satellite relay capabilities. Range: 600 miles (960 km) or can be boosted indefinitely via satellite relay.
COMBAT BONUSES FOR DEFENCE SATELLITE
DEFENCE SATELLITE AI COMBAT BONUSES
- 2 attacks per melee
- +1 on initiative.
- +3 to strike.
© Aaron Sketchley