Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
|Roqual Stealth Unmanned Submarine|
Stealth unmanned submarine owned by the corporation, Critical Path Corporation, that appeared in the game Macross VF-X 2. Sliding missile bays on each side.
VF-X Ravens used the VA-3M Invader to perform underwater combat.
Black Rainbow Terrorist Group
Submersible Stealth Attack Sub
Critical Path Corporation
- Crew: 30 micron, 2 Macron total
MDC BY LOCATION:
Torpedo Tubes (2) 250 each
(1) Communication Array 75
Secondary Comm Array 30
Deck Guns (2):= missile launchers 150 each
(1) Bridge 400
(2) Main Body 2000
Main Engines (2) 300 each
Secondary Engines (2) 50 each
Small Airlocks (8) 50 each
Hangar Doors 100
Armored Hull (per 20ft area) 60
- Destroying the bridge will instantly kill the command staff and deprive the ship of all forms of long range communications and targeting. The range and targeting capabilities of the secondary systems are equal to that of a VF-11 Thunderbolt. The ship can still operate, but is at -3 on initiative, -3 to strike, and number of attacks per melee of the weapon systems are reduced by half. Destroying the sensory array on top of the command tower will have the same effect, but the command staff will not be killed instantly.
- Depleting the MDC of the main body will completely obliterate the ship. Because of the lack of modern escape and survival systems it is highly unlikely that any of the crew would survive.
- Speed: 15 knots surfaced/ 25 knots submerged
Planet bound: Always
- Maximum Range: unlimited (estimated 5 year life span with regular maintenance)
- Length: 300 ft
Weight: 2,500,000 tons (empty) / 3,100,000 tons (standard)
- Main Drive: Nuclear-Electric-Drive
- Auxiliary Engine: Electric
- Sonar System: Advanced Search and Targeting Sonar
1. HEAVY TORPEDO LAUNCHERS (2):
The main armament of the Rorqual consisted of 2 heavy torpedo launchers, each containing torpedoes intended for anti-mecha/ship combat.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-Warship
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Mecha
- RANGE: 3000 ft
- SPEED: 45 knots
- DAMAGE: 1D6x10M.D. each
- BLAST RADIUS: 100 feet
- RATE OF FIRE: each launcher can fire 4 torpedoes per launcher per melee.
- PAYLOAD: Each launcher contains 50 reloads. (100 total)
Note: change following. Known to have sliding missile bays on each side.
2. ANTI-SHIP DECK GUN (2):
Positions fore and aft of the command tower these guns do not operate underwater but are for use in surface combat with other ships and even slow moving mecha. Both guns are equipped with automatic reloaders for a high rate of fire on target.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-Warship
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Defence
- RANGE: 8 miles
- DAMAGE: 1D4x100 M.D.
- RATE OF FIRE: Each cannon can fire up to 5 times per melee.
- PAYLOAD: 200 rounds per gun (400 total)
SYSTEMS OF NOTE:
- ELECTRONIC COUNTERMEASURES (ECM) STEALTH SYSTEMS: The Rorqual class are equipped with advanced ECM packages commonly referred to as "Stealth Systems". These systems disrupt enemy sonar and tracking systems, making it difficult for them to lock onto with weapons. The stealth systems give the Rorqual +2 to strike and +1 on initiative in combat(in addition to other bonuses). VFs and other close-range combat mecha are not affected by these systems, nor are Protodeviln. The stealth systems will fail if the main engines are destroyed.
- LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS: The ship has sufficient life support to provide breathable air and comfortable temperatures for 50 people for up to 12 months (air is recycled). The system cannot reliably support more than 50 people for more than a few days time (besides, there is very little room for extra passengers). The ship has enough food and water onbard to support the crew for up to 6 months (can be extended to 9 months with rationing).
- LONG-RANGE LASER/SATELLITE RELAY COMMUNICATIONS: Rorqual ships have impressive communications arrays. The communication systemhas a direct range of 900 miles (1,440 km), which can be boosted indefinitely by using satellites or other spacecraft to relay communications. Only when surfaced.
- LONG-RANGE RADAR: The radar array of the Rorqual can track and identify up to 200 craft simultaneously. The radar system has a 1,000 mile/1,600 km range.
- LONG-RANGE SONAR: The sonar array of the Rorqual can track and identify up to 200 craft simultaneously. The system has a 12 nm active and a 16 nm passive range with 1 Convergence Zone. (A Convergance Zone is a sonar beam directed into very deep water; on the order of 1000 to 1500 fathoms, a combination of water pressure and temperature changes refract the beam back up to the surface, forming an annulus (the area between two concentric rings) at extreme range, 30+ nautical miles being common).
NOTE: The sub gets a +1 initiative to any other waterborne object detected inside of the Convergance Zone.
- None, but sometimes escorted by either 2 Zentraadi Dogfight Pods or 1 VA-3M Invader.
© Aaron Sketchley