MDC BY LOCATION:
(1) Main Body 8,500
(2) Command Tower 600
(2) Sensor Array (on top of Command Tower) 300
(3) Main Engine 1,200
(3) Secondary Engines (4) 500 each
(3) Small Guidance thrusters (20) 100 each
Reflex Cannon 3,000
360 degree Particle Beam Turrets (2) 300 each
Secondary Beam Turrets (2) 250 each
Dual Barrel Particle Beam Turret 200
Small Airlocks/Access Hatches (20) 225 each
Outer Hull (per 40ft area) 120
Interior walls (per 20ft) 20
(4) Pin Point Barriers (4) 2,500 each
- Depleting the MDC of the main body will put the ship out of commission. All internal systems will shut down, including life support and internal gravity. The ship itself will be an unsalvageable floating wreck.
- Destroying the command tower will instantly kill the command staff and deprive the ship of all forms of long range communications, radar and targeting. The range and targeting capabilities of the secondary systems are equal to that of a VF-11 Thunderbolt. The ship can still operate, but is at -3 on initiative, -3 to strike, and number of attacks per melee of the weapon systems are reduced by half. Destroying the main sensory array atop the command tower will have the same effect, but the command staff will not be killed instantly.
- Depleting the MDC of the main engines will force the ship to rely on its secondary engines. Depleting the MDC of the main engines AND secondary engines will leave the ship adrift in space. If in an atmosphere, the ship will crash (destruction of the main engines will render the antigravity system useless due to loss of power).
- The Pinpoint Barriers regenerate at a rate of 1,250 MD per second (2,500 MD per melee round). If destroyed, a barrier will completely regenerate within 2 seconds (1 melee rounds). See the Pinpoint Barrier System entry for details.
Speed (sublight): 0.20 speed of light (32,000 miles per second)
Speed (auxiliary drives): Mach 3
Space Fold: Range Unlimited (1 light year every 6 minutes)
Planet bound: Can land if necessary but not designed to maneuver in an atmosphere. Can only land in a body of water (does not have landing gear).
Maximum Range: Unlimited (estimated 20 year life span, which can be extended with regular maintenance and overhauls)
Note: these ships are extremely agile (in starship terms) and get an additional +2 to dodge when avoiding fire from enemy starships.
Length: 360 feet
Power System: OTEC/General Galaxy Main reactor
Fold System: OTEC/Shinnakasu/General Galaxy Advanced Fold Cluster
Sublight Drive: OTEC/Centinel Impulse Drive Cluster
Gravity Control System: Internal
Auxiliary Engine: Shinnakasu/Shinsei Industries/Agar Nuclear Pulse Rocket Motor Cluster
Sensor System: Standard & Subspace Mass Detector
1. PARTICLE CANNON (1):
The most powerful weapon of this ship is a heavy particle cannon. The weapon fires a beam up to 120,000 miles long and .25 miles wide that inflicts heavy damage to ANYTHING in its path.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Heavy Assault
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Warship
- RANGE: 60,000 miles in an atmosphere, double in Space.
- DAMAGE: 1D4x10,000 M.D. per blast
- RATE OF FIRE: Once every 8 minutes.
2. PARTICLE BEAM TURRETS (2):
Located on the top and bottom of the vertical boom of the ship are two particle beam turrets designed for anti-mecha use. These guns have a 360 degree radius, and a 180 degree upright arc of fire.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-Mecha
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Defense
- RANGE: 8000 feet
- DAMAGE: 4D6x20 per turret
- RATE OF FIRE: Twice per melee for each turret.
- PAYLOAD: Unlimited
3. DUAL BARREL PARTICLE BEAM GUN (2):
Located on the starbord and port sides of the ship are dual barrel particle beam gun designed for Anti-mecha. These gun has a 45 degree arc of fire.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Warship
- RANGE: 160,000 km
- DAMAGE: 1D6x100 M.D. per shot
- RATE OF FIRE: Each cannon can fire twice per melee. The cannons can fire individually or be combined with the heavy lasers to fire a single volley.
- PAYLOAD: Unlimited.
4. PINPOINT BARRIER DEFENSE SYSTEM:
Originally developed by researchers onboard the SDF-01 Macross during Space War One, the Pinpoint Barrier System is a standard defense system on board all UN Spacy starships. The system generates four small disc-shaped force fields that can be positioned anywhere along the ship to deflect missiles, energy beams or projectiles. Each pinpoint barrier is about 61 m in length and can absorb up to 2,500 MD in damage, which then regenerates within four seconds (1 melee round). The barriers can also be layered on top of each other to generate a field which provides 10,000 MDC and can even deflect heavy particle beams (sometimes).
The four barriers are controlled by operators in the command tower of the ship. These operators are instructed to defend (1) the command tower, bridge, and sensor array, (2) main engines, (3) hangar bays, and (4) weapon systems, in that order. The operators primarily concentrate on defending the ship against larger spacecraft and leave defense against mecha attacking the carrier to the VF pilots.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Defense (the pinpoint barrier system cannot be used as a weapon)
- RANGE: Up to 91.5 m from the surface of the vessel.
- DAMAGE CAPACITY: Can sustain up to 2,500 MD per round. Regenerates at a rate of 2,500 MD per melee round.
- RADIUS: 61 m
- DEFENSIVE MOVEMENT: Can move from one end of the carrier to the other in less than a single round. Trained operators can attempt to block attacks up to 8 times per melee (counts as a parry) and are at +7 to block. Untrained characters can parry up to their number of hand-to-hand attacks with their normal parry bonuses only.
- PAYLOAD: Nearly inexhaustible. Will work as long as system is functional (see below) and engines are intact. If main engines are destroyed, the barrier will loose power and not function.
- NOTE: If all four barriers are grouped in a single spot they can deflect a heavy particle beam attack, such as the one generated by the Macross Cannon, Zentraai/Varohta command warships, and some Protodeviln. However, the beam will completely destroy all four barriers and put incredible strain on the pinpoint barrier system, to the point where it may short out. After deflecting an energy beam, roll percentile dice on the table below to determine additional effects/damage.
- 01-05: Lucked out, system will be operational in 1D6 hours.
- 06-20: Minor damage, system will require 4D6 hours to repair.
- 21-35: Major damage, system will require 2D6x10 hours to repair (yes, DAYS of work).
- 36-64: Completely destroyed! System can be rebuilt, but will require new parts and 2D6 DAYS of work to replace.
- 65-79: Major damage, system will require 2D6x10 hours to repair.
- 80-94: Minor damage, system will require 4D6 hours to repair.
- 95-99: Lucked out, system will be operational in 1D6 hours.
- 00: It's a miracle! Trivial damage only, system will be operational again in only 4D6 melee rounds!
SYSTEMS OF NOTE:
- ANTIGRAVITY PROPULSION SYSTEM: The ship is equipped with an anti-gravity propulsion system used for planetary landings and liftoffs. The system is good for vertical ascent/descent only and can lift the ship at speeds of up to 400 m per minute. The system will function so long as the main engines can supply energy to it.
- ELECTRONIC COUNTERMEASURES (ECM) "STEALTH" SYSTEMS: These systems disrupt enemy radar and tracking systems, making it difficult for them to lock onto the ship with weapons. The stealth systems give the ship a +3 to dodge, +2 to strike and +1 on initiative in combat WITH OTHER STARSHIPS ONLY. VFs and other close-range combat mecha are not affected by these systems, nor are Protodeviln. The ship's stealth systems will fail if the main engines are destroyed.
- HYPERSPACE COMMUNICATIONS: Based on the same technology as the space fold system, the hyperspace communications relay allows faster-than-light communication between UN Spacy starships and other vessels or planetary bases. Hyperspace communications are still not instantaneous, however. Audio/video communication travels through hyperspace at a rate of about 1 second per 4000 light years, so messages communicated over vast distances can still take seconds or minutes to arrive.
- LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS: The ship has sufficient life support to provide breathable air and comfortable temperatures for 100 people for up to 20 years (air is recycled). In an emergency the life support system can support up to 1,000 people at one time, though living conditions onboard will get extremely cramped at that point. The ship also holds sufficient food and water to support 750 people for up to 6 months.
- LONG-RANGE LASER/SATELLITE RELAY COMMUNICATIONS: The impressive communications array of the ship can communicate with up to 1,000 craft simultaneously at ranges of up to 1,440 km. This range can be boosted indefinitely by using satellites or other spacecraft as to relay communications.
- LONG-RANGE RADAR: The radar array of the ship is equally as impressive as the communication system, and can track and identify up to 2,000 craft simultaneously. The radar system has a 3,200 km range.
- SPACE FOLD SYSTEM: For FTL propulsion, the ship is equipped with an OTEC/Shinnakasu/General Galaxy Advanced Fold System Cluster, capable of propelling the ship through hyperspace at speeds up to 3.28x10^10 mps (5.25x10^10 kmps), or 1 light year per 6 minutes. The range of the fold drive is theoretically unlimited except by the life expectancy of the spacecraft.
- SUBLIGHT ENGINES: As a backup to the Fold System, the ship is equipped with OTEC/Centinel Impulse Drive Cluster engines that can propel the craft at speeds up to 0.20 speed of light (32,000 miles per second) in space. Note that these engines are mainly intended for rapid movement inside a planetary system and are not suited for long voyages between star systems. In a planetary atmosphere the carrier is limited to speeds of Mach 3 maximum due to hull stress.
- SUBSPACE MASS SENSORS: The ship is equipped with subspace sensors, which are based on the same principles as the hyperspace communications array. These sensors can essentially instantly detect mass readings and movement of objects up to 1 AU (93 million miles) distant from the ship, and the readings are used both for early warning and for navigation when travelling at sublight speeds. Readings taken with the subspace sensors are not very detailed (-25% penalty when trying to identify a detected object) and cannot detect objects of less than 60,000 kg (this includes most variable fighters).
Ship-borne Vehicles (STANDARD):
© Aaron Sketchley