Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
The Heaven Cemetary Ship is a middle class ship providing cemeteries for those preferring traditional ways of burial, containing temples, churches and also some residential districts. Some refer to it as the 'ghost ship', but its environment is not bad. Heaven Cemetary Ships are linked to a Bolognese Class Stealth Frigate in much the same way that the New Macross Battle class and City class sections combine to form one larger ship. The Frigates can disconnect from the Heaven Cemetary Ship if neccessary, and the Heaven Cemetary Ship is equipped with an emergency bridge to control the ship while the Frigate is detached.
Unified Government (Earth)
Class: Heaven Class
Military Crew: 1,000
Civilian Crew: 3,000
Police/Civil Defense: 300
Permanent Civilian Populace: 30,000
Manufacturer: OTEC Company/UN Spacy
<Crew (not including Frigate):
MDC BY LOCATION:
(1) Main Body 150,000
(2) Atmospheric Dome 30,000
(2) Atmospheric Dome (Per 40 ft area) 200
Small Airlocks/Access Hatches (250) 250 each
Main Airlock 1,000
Outer Hull (per 40ft area) 120
Interior walls (per 20ft) 40
Connection Joint/Engineering Section 25,000
(3) Main Engines/Power Plant (2) 50,000 each
(3) Auxiliary Engines (4) 7,000 each
(4) Pin Point Barriers (4) 5,000 each
- Depleting the MDC of the main body will essentially destroy the Ship. All internal systems will shut down, including life support and internal gravity. The colony ship itself will be an unsalvageable floating wreck, and any surviving colonists (and marine life) must be rescued quickly or will die from asphyxiation as the remaining atmosphere drains into space.
- The semi-transparent ocean dome is protected by the Pin Point Barrier Defence System and not a Projectile Sheild. Therefore if the atmospheric dome is destroyed while in space (1D6x10) percent of the emigrants inside will be instantly killed due to explosive decompression.
- Depleting the MDC of the main engines will force the ship to rely on its auxiliary engines. Depleting the MDC of the main engines AND auxiliary engines will leave the colony ship adrift in space. If in an atmosphere, the ship will crash (destruction of the main engines will render the antigravity system useless due to loss of power).
- The Pinpoint Barriers regenerate at a rate of 1,250 MD per second (2,500 MD per melee round). If destroyed, a barrier will completely regenerate within four seconds (2 melee rounds). See the Pinpoint Barrier System entry for details.
Speed(sublight): 0.16 speed of light (25,600 miles per second)
Speed(Auxiliary Drives): Mach 3
Space Fold: Range Unlimited (1 light year every 6 minutes)
Planet bound: Designed to land in a planetary ocean when necessary but not designed to maneuver in an atmosphere. The Heaven Cemetary Ship is NOT designed to land on the ground. If it does so the landing will inflict 3D6x1000 MD damage to the main body of the spacecraft.
Maximum Range: Unlimited (estimated 30 year life span)
1. PINPOINT BARRIER DEFENSE SYSTEM:
Originally developed by researchers onboard the SDF-01 Macross during Space War One, the Pinpoint Barrier System is a standard defense system on board all UN Spacy starships and colony Ships, including the Heaven Cemetary ships. The system generates four small disc-shaped force fields that can be positioned anywhere along the ship to deflect missiles, energy beams or projectiles. Each pinpoint barrier is about 61 m in length and can absorb up to 5,000 MD in damage, which then regenerates within four seconds (2 melee rounds). The barriers can also be layered on top of each other to generate a field which provides 20,000 MDC and can even deflect heavy particle beams (usually).
The four barriers are controlled by operators in the command tower of the carrier. These operators are instructed to defend (1) any breaks or weaknesses in the projectile shield and/or ocean dome, (2) the engineering section/Frigate docking section, and (3) the main and auxiliary engines, in that order. The operators primarily concentrate on defending the ship against larger spacecraft and leave defense against attacking mecha to the VF pilots from the battle carrier.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Defense (the pinpoint barrier system cannot be used as a weapon)
- RANGE: Up to 91.5 m from the surface of the Ship.
- DAMAGE CAPACITY: Can sustain up to 5,000 MD per round. Regenerates at a rate of 2,500 MD per melee round.
- RADIUS: 61 m
- DEFENSIVE MOVEMENT: Can move from one end of the Ship to the other in less than a single round. Trained operators can attempt to block attacks up to 8 times per melee (counts as a parry) and are at +7 to block. Untrained characters can parry up to their number of hand-to-hand attacks with their normal parry bonuses only.
- PAYLOAD: Nearly inexhaustible. Will work as long as system is functional (see below) and engines are intact. If main engines are destroyed, the barrier will loose power and not function.
NOTE: If all four barriers are grouped in a single spot they can deflect a heavy particle beam attack, such as the one generated by the Macross Cannon, Zentraadi/Varohta command warships, and some Protodeviln. However, the beam will completely destroy all four barriers and put incredible strain on the pinpoint barrier system, to the point where it may short out. After deflecting an energy beam, roll percentile dice on the table below to determine additional effects/damage.
- 01-15: Lucked out, system will be operational in 1D6 hours.
- 16-30: Minor damage, system will require 4D6 hours to repair.
- 31-45: Major damage, system will require 2D6x10 hours to repair (yes, DAYS of work).
- 46-60: Completely destroyed! System can be rebuilt, but will require new parts and 2D6 DAYS of work to replace.
- 61-75: Major damage, system will require 2D6x10 hours to repair.
- 76-90: Minor damage, system will require 4D6 hours to repair.
- 91-95: Lucked out, system will be operational in 1D6 hours.
- 96-00: It's a miracle! Trivial damage only, system will be operational again in only 4D6 melee rounds!
SYSTEMS OF NOTE:
- ANTIGRAVITY PROPULSION SYSTEM: The Heaven Class colony Ships areequipped with an anti-gravity propulsion system used for planetary landings and liftoffs. The system is good for vertical ascent/descent only and can lift the ship at speeds of up to 400 m per minute. The system will function so long as the main engines can supply energy to it.
- HYPERSPACE COMMUNICATIONS: Based on the same technology as the space fold system, the hyperspace communications relay allows faster-than-light communication between the Heaven Class ships and other ships or planetary bases. Hyperspace communications are still not instantaneous, however. Audio/video communication travels through hyperspace at a rate of about 1 second per 4000 light years, so messages communicated over vast distances can still take seconds or minutes to arrive.
- LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS: The Heaven Cemetary Ship has sufficient life support to provide breathable air and comfortable temperatures for 50,000 people, for up to 30 years. In an emergency the life supportsystem can support up to 100,000 people for a short time.
- LONG-RANGE LASER/SATELLITE RELAY COMMUNICATIONS: The Heaven Cemetary Ship has modest communications facilities that can communicate with up to 250 craft simultaneously at ranges of up to 1,440 km. This range can beboosted indefinitely by using satellites or other spacecraft as to relay communications.
- LONG-RANGE RADAR: The radar array of the Heaven Cemetary Ship is alsomodest compared to that of the docked escort frigate. The system can track and identify up to 500 craft simultaneously and has a 320 kmrange.
- SPACE FOLD SYSTEM: For FTL propulsion, the Ship is equipped with an OTEC/Shinnakasu/General Galaxy Advanced Fold System Cluster, capable of propelling the carrier through hyperspace at speeds up to 3.28x10^10 mps (5.25x10^10 kmps), or 1 light year per 6 minutes. The range of the fold drive is theoretically unlimited, except by the life expectancy of the spacecraft. The fold drive is powerful enough to propel both the frigate and cemetery block through hyperspace when they are connected.
- SUBLIGHT ENGINES: As a backup to the Fold System, the Heaven Cemetary Ship is equipped with OTEC/Sentinel Impulse Drive Cluster engines that can propel the craft at speeds up to 0.16 speed of light (25,600 miles per second) in space. Note that these engines are mainly intended for rapid movement inside a planetary system and are not suited for long voyages between star systems. In a planetary atmosphere the Heaven Cemetary Ship is limited to speeds of Mach 1 maximum due to hull stress. As with the fold drives, the engines are powerful enough to propel the craft when battle carrier is attached.
- SUBSPACE MASS SENSORS: Like the escort frigates, the Heaven Cemetary Ship is equipped with subspace sensors for early warning of approaching objects and navigation at sublight speeds. These sensors can almost instantly detect mass readings and movement of objects up to 1 AU (93 million miles) distant from the frigate which are above 60,000 kg in mass (which means that the sensors usually cannot detect objects as small as Variable Fighters). Readings taken with the subspace sensors are not very detailed (-25% penalty when trying to identify a detected object) and are usually used for tracking purposes only.
Ship-borne Vehicles (STANDARD):
- Numerous Liason and Shuttle craft
© Aaron Sketchley