Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
The multipurpose warship of the patrol corps that assists the in the task of maintaining public order. The galactic patrol corps engage in the preservation of public order of planet Zola in the form of cooperation [collaboration] with the Unified Forces. While operating the VF-5000 Star Mirage as the mainline fighter, the patrol corps supports the VF-5000 with military vessels used at the same time in undertaking the task of controlling the poaching group. This patrol corps mother-ship can not only cruise on the water, making it suited to operate on planet Zola, which has spacious ocean areas, but it also possesses the ability to cruise inside and outside of an atmosphere. However, because as a combat vessel the ship is small and incompetent, it can be said that the role of an auxiliary vessel that supports the operation of the VFs was the meaning of this warship.
Planet Zola is located in the 67th planetary region of space in the galactic frontier. The energy body that is called the Galactic Whale, wanders to the satellite orbit of planet Zola in a seasonal migration with a one year period. At that time, the poaching group that attempts to capture the galactic whales prevails, and the Galactic Patrol Corps of the Zola autonomous government pursues the poaching group to manage the galactic whales. In the cases where the patrol corps mother ship is operated, the poaching group is mainly arrested at satellite orbit, and the ship supports each VF from the rear. Even though the ship seldom joined the VFs in combat, it was involved in operations that are impossible for the VF to deal with on it's own, such as transport and emergency measures of situations such as accommodating suspects who had been arrested and casualties that have appeared. When Nekki Basara visited Zola in 2047, the mother-ship was also mobilized to control the poaching group above satellite orbit, and escort the arrestees. Moreover, the mother-ship accommodated Basara, who was rescued by corps member Raiza Hoirii after he was thrown out into space, and transported him to the corps' headquarters.
The patrol corps mobilizes the mother-ship when they are required to do large-scale arrest actions. In those case, the mother-ship follows the VFs and proceeds to the scene of the crime. It was a warship with great multi-purposefulness, that is endowed with the ability to independently exit and reenter the atmosphere, in the same way as a VF.
The VFs of the patrol corps dis-empowers the poaching group, and the mother-ship takes the secured suspects into custody, and takes them back to headquarters. It can be said that while the VFs were to the bitter end the main force of the corps, the mother-ship existed to work nearly behind the scenes.
Though this ship can be called an Earth regulated one, it's structure is greatly different from the likes of the UN Forces military vessels. The mother-ship has a unique form that combines level and curved surfaces. It is thought that this is because it has adopted the design of an aquatic warship. The mother-ship is furnished with a bridge in the top part of the warship's bow, and 4 propulsion engines in the top part, and 2 engines in the lower part of the warship's stern. Moreover, when landing on the water, the wing-shaped units on both sides of the ship fold up. The line of the wing-shaped units becomes the waterline when cruising on the water. Furthermore, in times of peace, the mother-ship comes alongside the quay in the part of the harbour adjacent to the patrol corps headquarters.
MDC BY LOCATION:
(1) Main Body 4,500
(2) Bridge 750
(2) Sensor Array (on top of Bridge (2) 100 each
Main Radar (Mounted on the fore section of the ship) 600
(3) Main Engines/Power Plants (3) 800 each
(3) Secondary Engines (2) 400 each
(3) Small Guidance Thrusters (10) 50 each
Triple-barreled Laser Cannon 400
Dual Barrel Beam Cannons(2) 200 each
(4) Clam Shell Section (2) 1000 each
Small Airlocks/Access Hatches (4 large) 100 each,(6 small) 50 each
Outer Hull (per 40ft area) 80
Interior walls (per 20ft) 15
- Depleting the MDC of the main body will put the ship out of commission. All internal systems will shut down, including life support and internal gravity. The ship itself will be an unsalvageable floating wreck.
- Destroying the Bridge will instantly kill the command staff and deprive the ship of all forms of long range communications, radar and targeting. The range and targeting capabilities of the secondary systems are equal to that of a VF-11 Thunderbolt. The ship can still operate, but is at -3 on initiative, -3 to strike, and number of attacks per melee of the weapon systems are reduced by half. Destroying the main sensory array atop the Bridge will have the same effect, but the command staff will not be killed instantly.
- Depleting the MDC of the main engines will force the ship to rely on its secondary engines. Depleting the MDC of the main engines AND secondary engines will leave the ship adrift in space. If in an atmosphere, the ship will crash (destruction of the main engines will render the antigravity system useless due to loss of power).
- When bottom shell sections are open, vertical ascent/descent thrusters are exposed.
0.20 speed of light (37,200 miles per second)
Speed (Auxiliary Drives):
Speed (Space Fold):
1 light year every 6 minutes
Planet bound: Can land and take off if necessary but not designed to maneuver in an atmosphere. Can only land in a body of water (does not have landing gear).
Maximum Range: Unlimited (estimated life span unknown)
Fold System: OTEC/Shinnakasu/General Galaxy Advanced Fold Cluster
Sublight Drive: OTEC/Centinel Impulse Drive Cluster
Gravity Control System: Internal
Auxiliary Engine: Shinnakasu/Shinsei Industries/Agar Nuclear Pulse Rocket Motor Cluster
Sensor System: Standard & Subspace Mass Detector
1. RETRACTABLE TRI-BARRELED RAIL GUN (1):
Located on the fore section of the ship is a retractable tri-barreled rail gun designed for Anti-ship use. The gun is capable of firing in a 180 degree radius, and 45 degree arc of fire in the upright position.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Defence
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Warship
- RANGE: 1,600 km
- DAMAGE: 3D6x100 M.D. (1D6x100 per barrel)
- RATE OF FIRE: 4 times per melee
- PAYLOAD: Unlimited
2. BEAM CANNONS (2):
Located port and starbord of the ship are two beam cannons facing forward in a fixed position, capable of firing 15 degrees to the sides of the ship.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-Warship
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Defense
- RANGE: 1,600 km
- DAMAGE: 1D4x100 M.D. per shot
- RATE OF FIRE: Each turret can fire twice per round.
- PAYLOAD: Unlimited.
3. MISSILE LAUNCHERS (2):
Located on the port and starboard section of the ship Long Range Missle Launchers designed for anti-aircraft.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-Aircraft
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Warship
- MISSILE TYPES: Any type of Medium Range Missile can be used. Smart missiles are commonly used to avoid hitting friendly aircraft.
- RANGE: Varies, typically 80.4 km.
- SPEED: Varies, typically 2,571 kmph.
- DAMAGE: Varies, typically 2D4x10 M.D.
- BLAST RADIUS: Varies, typically 15 feet.
- RATE OF FIRE: Volleys of 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 missiles per launcher.
- PAYLOAD: Each launcher holds 50 missiles. 100 missles total.
SYSTEMS OF NOTE:
- ANTIGRAVITY PROPULSION SYSTEM: The ship is equipped with an anti-gravity propulsion system used for planetary landings and liftoffs. The system is good for vertical ascent/descent only and can lift the ship at speeds of up to 400 m per minute. The system will function so long as the main engines can supply energy to it.
- HYPERSPACE COMMUNICATIONS: Based on the same technology as the space fold system, the hyperspace communications relay allows faster-than-light communication between UN Spacy starships and other vessels or planetary bases. Hyperspace communications are still not instantaneous, however. Audio/video communication travels through hyperspace at a rate of about 5 seconds per light year, so messages communicated over vast distances can still take days, weeks, or months to arrive.
- LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS: The ship's have sufficient life support to provide breathable air and comfortable temperatures for 100 people for up to 20 years (air is recycled). In an emergency the life support system can support up to 150 people at one time, though living conditions onboard will get extremely cramped at that point. The ship also holds sufficient food and water to support 100 people for up to 6 months.
- LONG-RANGE LASER/SATELLITE RELAY COMMUNICATIONS: The impressive communications array of the ship can communicate with up to 1,000 craft simultaneously at ranges of up to 900 miles. This range can be boosted indefinitely by using satellites or other spacecraft as to relay communications.
- LONG-RANGE RADAR: The radar array of the ship is equally as impressive as the communication system, and can track and identify up to 2,000 craft simultaneously. The radar system has a 3,000 mile range.
- SPACE FOLD SYSTEM: For FTL propulsion, the ship is equipped with an OTEC/Shinnakasu/General Galaxy Advanced Fold System Cluster, capable of propelling the carrier through hyperspace at speeds up to 3.28x10^10 mps (5.25x10^10 kmps), or 1 light year per 6 minutes. The range of the fold drive is theoretically unlimited except by the life expectancy of the spacecraft.
- SUBLIGHT ENGINES: As a backup to the Fold System, the ship is equipped with ORTEC/Centinel Impulse Drive Cluster engines that can propel the craft at speeds up to 0.20 speed of light (32,000 miles per second) in space. Note that these engines are mainly intended for rapid movement inside a planetary system and are not suited for long voyages between star systems. In a planetary atmosphere the ship is limited to speeds of Mach 3 maximum due to hull stress.
- SUBSPACE MASS SENSORS: The ship is equipped with subspace sensors, which are based on the same principles as the hyperspace communications array. These sensors can essentially instantly detect mass readings and movement of objects up to 1 AU (93 million miles) distant from the ship, and the readings are used both for early warning and for navigation when travelling at sublight speeds. Readings taken with the subspace sensors are not very detailed (-25% penalty when trying to identify a detected object) and cannot detect objects of less than 60,000 kg (this includes most variable fighters).
- MEDLAB FACILITIES: A treatment room is provided in the warship in preparation for casualties that appear during the mission. Physicians also joined the warship's crew. Although full-blown medical treatment is difficult, it is possible to have life-prolongation treatment by means of the medical treatment capsule, which has equipment that diagnoses the condition of the patient. Incidentally, Basara was also accommodated in this room temporarily for that medical treatment. The treatment capsule is put in the center of the treatment room. When rest was necessary for the patient, the treatment capsule was used by floating the patient in liquid medicine that fills the transparent cylinder.
Ship-borne Vehicles (STANDARD):
- None. However, shuttles and other craft can connect to ship via the airlocks.
© Aaron Sketchley