Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
|Variable Police Air Patrol Craft|
Designed for use by New Macross Class Emigrant Fleet civilian Police units for patrol duties and civil defence, the Variable Air Patrol Craft is an air support unit for the Police onboard New Macross class City ships. It features three modes, unlike the Ground Patrol Craft which features only two. Powered by two gyro fan engines, the Air Patrol Craft is both nimble and fast. The Air Patrol Craft features a crew of two, consisting of a pilot and co-pilot, a standard setup for Police vehicles.
The Variable Air Patrol Craft is designed for aerial pursuit, civil defence and rescue operations within a New Macross class City ship. Due to its successful use in these ships, its use has spread to civilian emigrant planets where it has replaced regular helicopters in Police use, due to its adaptability and wide range of uses. Compared to other variable craft, especially Variable Fighters in use by the Unified Forces, the Variable Air Patrol Craft is lightly armed, having only a single optional gunpod; however in civilian defence use this is normally all it requires.
Variable Air Patrol Craft
Three Star Heavy Industries
one pilot, and co-pilot
MDC BY LOCATION:
(1) Main Body 200
Reinforced Crew Compartment 65
Air Gyro Units (2) 70 each
Arms (2) 65 each
Forward Leg units (2) 70 each
Searchlights (2) 5 each
Police Siren Lights 5
Radar/Sensor Unit 20
Communications Antenna 5
Optional Gun Pod 100
(1) Depleting the MDC of the main body will destroy the vehicle. The reinforced pilots compartment is designed to withstand damage that destroys the main body of the vehicle. However if the main body damage overflows to in excess of the crew compartment MDC then that also will be destroyed and the crew will be killed, as the cockpit does not feature any form of ejection devices.
AIR PATROL CONFIGURATION:
6 m in Air Patrol configuration.
9 m in GERWALK.
11 m in Battloid
LENGTH: 11 m in Air Patrol configuration.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: equal to a P.S. of 50
CARGO: the pilot's compartment can hold pilot and co-pilot only.
1. optional MULTIPURPOSE GUN POD (1)
Tje Variable Police Air Patrol Craft can carry and use a gun pod in its manipulators. The gun pod has a maximum rate of fire of 2,000 rounds per minute, and a muzzle velocity of 3,000 m/s in atmosphere. It can be used during high G manuevers. The gun pod uses clips of ammo. However, the Airt Patrol Craft has no provisions for spare clips.
- RANGE: 2,300 m
- DAMAGE: 1D8 per round. 10 round burst, single target - 1D8X10 MD. 25 round burst, single target - 2D8X10 MD. Note, for bursts using greater then 25 rounds, increase the damage by a scale of 1D8X10 per 10 rounds OR refer to the modern weapons rules for machineguns.
The Gun Pod can be used for sprays: 10 round spray - 1D8 MD, affects 1D4 targets. 25 round burst spray - 1D8 MD, affects 2D4 targets with a 50% chance of hitting bystanders. Longer duration sprays (up to limits of the magazine): 2D8 MD, affects 4D4 targets. Chance of hitting bystanders is 70%.
- RATE OF FIRE: Equal to the pilot's combined number of attacks. Note that the amounts fired by the gun pod aren't limited to only 10, 25 or 150 rounds. Any variation can be fired (it is recommended to stick to multiples of 10 for ease of damage resolution.)
- PAYLOAD: 200 rounds. Additional ammo clips can be inserted, but exchanging clips takes 2 actions to reload.
2. HAND TO HAND COMBAT:
If necessary, the pilot of the craft can engage in melee combat rather than use a weapon. Although not particularly agile by VF standards the Variable Air Patrol Craft is more agile than some other variable craft which assists it in close confines, and allows it to execute most typical hand to hand combat moves, such as punches and kicks, rolling with impacts, etc..
- Restrained Punch: 1D4 M.D.
- Full Strength Punch: 2D6 M.D.
- Booster Punch: 3D6 M.D.(counts as two attacks)
- Ram: 5D6
- Crush with Treads: 3D6
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR THE VARIABLE AIR PATROL CRAFT:
- COMBAT COMPUTER: The craft is equipped with a combat computer that can store and analyze data during combat with hostile forces. Data collected by the combat computer can be displayed on the cockpit HUD of the mecha, which allows the system to display large amounts of data to the pilot and even highlight enemies and missile attacks with overlaid graphics. The combat computer tracks and identifies specific enemy targets, and has a database of over 10,000 images stored in memory. The computer can identify and track up to 250 targets simultaneously.
- EXTERNAL AUDIO PICKUP: Range: 300 ft (91.5 m). A sound amplification system that can pick up normal conversation up to 300 feet away.
- LASER TARGETING SYSTEM: Range: 100 miles (160 km). Used for increased accuracy in the striking of enemy targets.
- LOUDSPEAKER: A loudspeaker system is built into the craft, which can be used to amplify the pilot's voice up to 90 decibels.
- OPTICS: INFRARED: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). This optical system projects a beam of infrared light that is invisible to the normal eye, but detectable by the mecha's sensors. The system allows the pilot to detect hidden/concealed objects by their IR reflectiveness. The beam will be visible to anyone with IR sensitive optics, however.
- OPTICS: NIGHTVISION: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive light image intensifier that emits no light of its own, but relies on ambient light which is electronically amplified to produce a visible picture.
- OPTICS: THERMAL IMAGER: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive optical heat sensor that detects infrared radiation projected by warm objects and converts that data into a false-color visible image. The system enables the pilot to see in the dark, in shadows, and through smoke, and also adds a +10% bonus to pilots using a tracking skill.
- RADAR: 200 mile (321 km) range.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with satellite relay capabilities. Range: 600 miles (960 km) or can be boosted indefinitely via satellite relay.
- TACTICAL LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM: The vehicle's cockpit is pressurized, and also provides additional air feeds to the pilot and co-pilot's flight suits that provides him with pressurized breathing.
COMBAT BONUSES FOR VARIABLE AIR PATROL CRAFT COMBAT TRAINING:
ADVANCED COMBAT TRAINING
- 3 attacks per melee (plus those of the pilot)
- Add one additional action/attack at levels three, six, nine and fifteen
- +1 on initiative
- +2 to strike
- +3 to parry
- +0 to dodge
- +3 to roll with a punch or fall with an impact, reducing damage by half
- Critical strike same as pilot's hand-to-hand.
© Aaron Sketchley