Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
|Variable Police Ground Patrol Craft|
Originally designed for use by New Macross class Emigrant Fleet civilian police units for patrol duties and civil defence, the vehicle is a small and compact variable craft similar to a Destroid when in its battroid form. The Variable APC can be piloted by a single police Officer, but a crew of two is normal. The reinforced crew compartments has seating for an additional 4 police Oofficers, although it would be extremely cramped.
The Variable Police Ground Patrol Craft is designed for civil defence duties and has, since its excellent results within New Macross Fleets, been moved into use by Police Forces on major Earth emigrant worlds across known space; a move that Police have welcomed due to the increased usage of mobile weapons and heavy weaponry by criminals and rogue Zentraadi on more remote planets.
Variable Ground Patrol Craft
Three Star Heavy Industries
MDC BY LOCATION:
(1) Head 50
Hands (2) 25 each
Arms (2) 65 each
Wheel Sections/Legs (4) 80 each
(2) Main Body 180
Reinforced Crew Compartment 85
Radar/Sensor Unit 20
- (1) Destroying the head of the vehicle will knock out all of the major sensor systems, including all optical systems (infrared, nightvision, and thermal). Radar and communications will be unaffected.
- (2) Depleting the MDC of the main body will destroy the vehicle. The reinforced pilots compartment is designed to withstand damage that destroys the main body of the vehicle. However if the main body damage overflows to in excess of the crew compartment MDC then that also will be destroyed and the crew will be killed
- APC CONFIGURATION: 105 kmph
- BATTROID CONFIGURATION: 56 kmph
3 m in APC configuration.
8 m in Battroid.
LENGTH: 6 m in APC configuration.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Equal to a P.S. of 50
CARGO: the pilot's compartment can hold pilot, co-pilot and up to 4 other people at a squeeze.
1. ASSAULT BAZOOKA:
This single shot weapon is designed to destroy mobile weapons with very little collateral damage to the surrounding area, namely the city and its residents. This does, however, mean that it sacrifices some stopping power. Nevertheless, it still remains a formidable weapon in close quarters combat. It is reloaded by an automated system behind the Ground Patrol unit's shoulder with an ammo container on it's back.
- RANGE: 8000 feet (2400 m)
- DAMAGE: 2D6x10 +20 M.D.
- RATE OF FIRE: Twice per melee
- PAYLOAD: 40 rounds stored in shoulder mounted canister.
HAND TO HAND COMBAT:
If necessary, the pilot of the craft can engage in melee combat rather than use a weapon. Although not particularly agile by VF standards the Variable Ground Patrol Craft is more agile than older Destroids which assists it in close confines, and allows it to execute most typical hand to hand combat moves, such as punches and kicks, rolling with impacts, etc..
- Restrained Punch: 1D4 M.D.
- Full Strength Punch: 2D6 M.D.
- Booster Punch: 3D6 M.D.(counts as two attacks)
- Ram: 5D6
- Crush with Treads: 3D6
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR THE VARIABLE GROUND PATROL CRAFT:
- COMBAT COMPUTER: The VGPC is equipped with a combat computer that can store and analyze data during combat with hostile forces. Data collected by the combat computer can be displayed on the cockpit HUD of the mecha, which allows the system to display large amounts of data to the pilot and even highlight enemies and missile attacks with overlaid graphics. The combat computer tracks and identifies specific enemy targets, and has a database of over 10,000 images stored in memory. The computer can identify and track up to 250 targets simultaneously.
- EXTERNAL AUDIO PICKUP: Range: 300 ft (91.5 m). A sound amplification system that can pick up normal conversation up to 300 feet away.
- LASER TARGETING SYSTEM: Range: 100 miles (160 km). Used for increased accuracy in the striking of enemy targets.
- LOUDSPEAKER: A loudspeaker system is built into the craft, which can be used to amplify the pilot's voice up to 90 decibels.
- OPTICS: INFRARED: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). This optical system projects a beam of infrared light that is invisible to the normal eye, but detectable by the mecha's sensors. The system allows the pilot to detect hidden/concealed objects by their IR reflectiveness. The beam will be visible to anyone with IR sensitive optics, however.
- OPTICS: NIGHTVISION: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive light image intensifier that emits no light of its own, but relies on ambient light which is electronically amplified to produce a visible picture.
- OPTICS: THERMAL IMAGER: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive optical heat sensor that detects infrared radiation projected by warm objects and converts that data into a false-color visible image. The system enables the pilot to see in the dark, in shadows, and through smoke, and also adds a +10% bonus to pilots using a tracking skill.
- RADAR: 200 mile (321 km) range.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with satellite relay capabilities. Range: 600 miles (960 km) or can be boosted indefinitely via satellite relay.
- TACTICAL LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM: The vehicle's cockpit is pressurized, and also provides additional air feeds to the pilot's flight suit that provides him with pressurized breathing.
COMBAT BONUSES FOR VARIABLE GROUND PATROL CRAFT COMBAT TRAINING:
ADVANCED COMBAT TRAINING
- 3 attacks per melee (plus those of the pilot)
- Add one additional action/attack at levels three, six, nine and fifteen
- +1 on initiative
- +2 to strike
- +3 to parry
- +0 to dodge
- +3 to roll with a punch or fall with an impact, reducing damage by half
- Critical strike same as pilot's hand-to-hand.
© Aaron Sketchley