Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
One of the Battle-suits from the Quadoran series. As a mass production type for general soldiers, its armaments are roughly shared with the Quadoran-Roh. The Quadoran-Nona has two Medium-Bore Impact Cannons in the chest, Laser Pulse Guns on both arms, and Close High-Manoeuvrability Missile Launchers on the thighs and in the back pack.
It is a simplification of the Quadoran-Roh -a battle-suit that chose its rider- mass-produced for the average soldier. Besides the camera eye, which has become a 2 lens type, changes such as reducing the two back missile pods to a single unit were added to it.
This Meltrandi Power Armour Suit is a derivative of the most advanced mecha that the Zentrādi Army have at their disposal, the Quimeliquola Queadluun-Rau. The Quadoran-Nona is used solely by the Meltrandi; the Zentrādi having their own Nousjadel-Ger Power Armour.
As the Quadoran-Nona is a mass production machine simplified for the general soldier, it has inferior to low performance compared to the Queadluun-Rau. In addition to having only one dorsal missile pod, the main camera eye is only a two-lens type. Despite the changes, the Quadoran-Nona is still a very dangerous battle suit, as the pilots are all excellent, and very well trained in the mecha that they pilot.
The Quadoran-Nona relies almost exclusively on vernier thrusters for flying controls.
Zentrādi Female Division High Manoeuvrability Battle Suit
One pilot wearing Light Zentrādi Armour
Quimeliquola (#) Zentrādi Fully Automated Weaponry Development and Production
Design Features: Quadoran-Nona relies almost exclusively on vernier thrusters for flying controls. Quimeliquola special inertia vector control system. One main cockpit screen. One forward-looking main sensor and numerous other sensors.
MDC BY LOCATION:
1 Destroying the Face Plate will knock out the mecha's major sensor systems, including all of the optics systems (infrared, nightvision, thermal). Radar and communications will be unaffected.
2 Depleting the MDC of one or both of the leg's will render the Mecha immobile on a surface. The battle suit can still hover and fly as long as the engines are not broken. Depleting the MDC of an arm will render that limb's weapons useless. As the Meltran Pilot sits in the torso of the mecha, none of her limbs extend into the limbs of the battle suit.)
3 Destroying one thruster will reduce the flight speed of the Mecha by 50%. Destroying both thrusters will render the mecha immobile.
4 Depleting the MDC of the Main Body will destroy the Mecha, probably killing the pilot as well.
Tri-barrel Laser Pulse Guns (2)
Medium Bore Impact Cannons (2)
Missile Launchers (4)
Face Plate 1
Arms 2 (2)
Hands 2 (2)
Legs 3 (2)
Engine thrusters 3 (2)
Main Body 4
RUNNING 120 kmph
SKATING 260 kmph
LEAPING 9 m high or 15.2 m long without thrusters.
FLYING Mach 2.5+ (3,062+ kmph) max speed at 10,000 m and Mach 4.6+ (5,525+ kmph) max speed at 30,000 meters and higher above sea level. Able to hover indefinately and attain orbit without rocket booster assistance.
MAX ENGINE THRUST: Pending
HEIGHT: 17.1 m
WIDTH: 18.4 m
LENGTH: 10.8 m
Total MASS: pending
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: equal to a PS of 50
CARGO: Small compartment behind pilot's seat for personal belongings.
POWER PLANT: Two # GGV class Quimeliquola thermonuclear converters.
1. Medium-Bore Impact cannon (2)
The primary cannons of the Quadoran-Nona are a pair of simultaneously-firing medium-bore impace cannons.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Heavy Assault
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Ground Unit
- RANGE: 600 m
- DAMAGE: 2D8x10 MD per cannon; the cannons are generally fired simultaneously, at 4D8x10 MD for both.
- RATE OF FIRE: Single or dual blasts (dual blast counts as one attack.) Equal to pilots number of attacks.
- PAYLOAD: 10 rounds per cannon; 20 rounds in total.
2. Air-to-Air Tri-Barrel Laser Pulse Gun (2)
These fore-arm mounted high-speed-rotating tri-barrel laser pulse guns are used primarily in air-to-air combat situations where missiles will not work, or to supplement missiles to gain a tactical advantage.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Air-to-air combat
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: defence/anti-missile/personnel
- RANGE: 1,800 m
- DAMAGE: 2D4x10 (single), 4D4x10 (Dual)
- RATE OF FIRE: Equal to the number of combined attacks of the pilot.
- PAYLOAD: Effectively Unlimited.
3. Close-Combat Missile Launchers (4)
The Quadoran-Nona is equipped with three sets of missile launchers; two on the hips of the Power Armour, and one in a special housing above the main thrusters. The launchers fire short-range super-miniature high-maneuverability missiles.
- SHORT RANGE SUPER MINITURE HIGH-MANEUVERABILITY MISSILE
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault/Defense
- RANGE: 9.6 Km, 2,571 Kmph
- DAMAGE: 2D6x10 M.D., with a 3 m radius.
- RATE OF FIRE: 1 to 12 missiles per launcher. All four launchers can be firelinked. One volley counts as one attack.
- PAYLOAD: 21 missiles per hip launcher, 42 missiles per top launcher; for a total of 84 missiles.
- COMBAT: +6 to strike, +5 to dodge, and have 3 actions before they run out of fuel.
4. COUNTERMEASURE DISPENSERS
OPTIONAL for Power Armour used by the Unified Forces: Every vehicle in the Unified Forces have combined chaff, flare and squib dispensers mounted on them. When used, it fires a burst of 6 flares, 1 exploding chaff container or one parachute squib per 1 unit listed in the stats. Chaff, flares and squibs are each unique in their means of countering attacking missiles. The following will describe the individual details of each of the the three types of countermeasures. The short and easy benefit is that they add a +3 to dodge the missiles.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: defense
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: distraction (especially true for the ECM squibs.)
- RANGE: GM's arbitration. Squibs effect a 1 Km≥ spherical area.
- BONUSES: +3 to dodge. Roll to dodge after rolling on the following per missile:
01-40 Missile distracted - explodes harmlessly in the countermeasures.
41-80 Missile distracted - it loses track of its target. Depending on the missile type and its remaining fuel, it could reacquire you, or another target in the area.
81-00 No effect.
Note: +5% to the above chart per every additional countermeasure deployed after the first. For example: 3 countermeasures changes the table to 01-50, 51-90, and 91-00.
- RATE OF FIRE: unlimited. (Author's recommendation: maximum of 4 per attack to better reflect their fallibility.)
- PAYLOAD: 8 bursts of flares, 8 chaff pods and 4 parachute squibs per dispenser.
- CHAFF pods explode roughly 2 seconds after being deployed. They fill the area with a plethora of small, highly reflective metal pieces that distract radar-seeking missiles (only!)
- FLARES are fired in bursts of six to eight per unit. They only work against heat-seeking missiles. Flares can also be used as a signal at night or in space or to blind an opponent at close range who is relying on visual type sensors.
- SQUIBS create an ECM field effecting a 1 Km≥ spherical area for 1D4 melees. They affect only radar-seeking missiles, but are less effective than the chaff pods. (-15% on the chart.) The ECM field prevents the targeting radar from locking on if either the opponent or the deploying vehicle, or both, and possibly others, are in the area of effect. Also, it is impossible for a radar broadcasting from the outside of the area of effect to detect on the direct opposite side of the area of effect. ECM squibs are effective in covering a retreat.
Note that ECM (and the related ECCM) will broadcast where the deployer is located. (When a big chunk of the radar return gets distorted, one knows roughly where the ECM emitting craft is and the most likely place the enemy forces will be.)
5. HAND TO HAND COMBAT
If necessary, the pilot of the Quadoran-Nona can engage in melee combat rather than use a weapon. The Quadoran-Nona is extremely agile, and can execute most typical hand to hand combat moves; such as punches, jump kicks, leap attacks, rolling with impacts, etc..
- Restrained Punch: 1D6 M.D.
- Full Strength Punch: 4D6 M.D.
- "Booster" Punch: 1D6x10 M.D. (counts as two attacks)
- Tear or Pry with Hands: 2D4 M.D. + additional ripping and frame damages.
- Kick: 4D6 M.D.
- Leap Kick: 2D6x10 M.D.
- Body Flip/Throw: 2D6 M.D.
- Body Block/Tackle: 2D6 M.D.
- Stomp: 1D6x10 M.D. (only effective against small objects) Note that for some objects, they will be instantly destroyed.
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR THE QUADORAN-NONA
- AUTO-PILOT: The Quadoran-Nona is equipped with a computerized auto-pilot. Although not as complex as those equipped in Variable Fighters, it can be reasonably trusted to get the battle suit from point A to point B safely. The onboard computer will alert the pilot when the battle suit is near its destination, and can also be set to automatically signal when sensors detect objects near the mecha.
- COMBAT COMPUTER: The Quadoran-Nona is equipped with a combat computer that can store and analyze data during combat with hostile forces. The forward viewscreen of the Quadoran-Nona allows the computer to display large amounts of data to the pilot and even highlight enemies and missile attacks with overlaid graphics. The combat computer tracks and identifies specific enemy targets, and has a database of over 10,000 images stored in memory. The computer can identify and track up to 250 targets simultaneously. The high speed focussing plate over the sensor eye allows the Quadoran-Nona to draw in more data, faster and more accurately than any other mecha.
- EXTERNAL AUDIO PICKUP: Range: 91.5 m. A sound amplification system that can pick up normal conversation up to 91.5 m feet away.
- HEAT AND RADIATION SHIELDS: Special shielding prevents the penetration of life threatening head and radiation. A radiation detection and alarm system are linked with the shields and will sound an alarm if there is a rupture in the shields and what the levels of radiation are.
- HOMING SIGNAL: The Quadoran-Nona is equipped with a homing device that enables rescue teams to locate a disabled craft. The range of the signal is 750 Km. Most Zentrādi ships and aerospace vehicles can locate and track homing signals, and the on board computers will automatically notify their pilots if such a signal is detected.
- LASER TARGETING SYSTEM: Range: 200 Km. Used for increased accuracy in the striking of enemy targets and is partly responsible for the mecha's strike bonus.
- LOUDSPEAKER: A loudspeaker system is built into the craft, which can be used to amplify the pilot's voice up to 90 decibels.
- OPTICS: INFRARED: Range: 610 m. This optical system projects a beam of infrared light that is invisible to the normal eye, but detectable by the mecha's sensors. The system allows the pilot to detect hidden/concealed objects by their IR reflectiveness. The beam will be visible to anyone with IR sensitive optics, however.
- OPTICS: NIGHTVISION: Range: 610 m. A passive light image intensifier that emits no light of its own, but relies on ambient light which is electronically amplified to produce a visible picture.
- OPTICS: THERMAL IMAGER: Range: 610 m. A passive optical heat sensor that detects infrared radiation projected by warm objects and converts that data into a false-color visible image. The system enables the pilot to see in the dark, in shadows, and through smoke, and also adds a +10% bonus to pilots using a tracking skill.
- RADAR: 321 km range.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with satellite relay capabilities. Range: 960 Km or can be boosted indefinitely via satellite relay.
- SELF-DESTRUCT: To prevent capture of a variable fighter by the enemy, the pilot can activate the Quadoran-Nona's self-destruct system, which will cause the battle suit to explode after a delay of up to 60 minutes (time is set by the pilot). The explosive damage is contained within a 6 ) area and inflicts 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within the radius of the explosion. All internal systems are obliterated. The escape pod will be automatically ejected prior to the explosion unless the pilot overrides the ejection sequence.
- STANDARD SURVIVAL KIT: All Zentrādi aerospace vehicles come equipped with a portable survival kit. Inside the small reinforced box is a medium-sized flashlight, two hand flares, one rocket flare, a compass, infrared distancing binoculars, a small mirror, a pocket knife, dehydrated and concentrated food (can be stretched into a five day supply for one person) and basic first aid items (aspirin, bandages, disinfectants, etc.)
- TACTICAL LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM: The Quadoran-Nona's cockpit is pressurized, and also provides additional air feeds to the pilot's flight suit that provides him with pressurized breathing. The Zentrādi light armour also contains an upper and lower g-suit that promotes blood circulation even during high-g turns, thus decreasing the possibility of pilot's blacking out in combat.
COMBAT BONUSES FOR QUADORAN-NONA TRAINING
- 2 attacks per melee (plus those of the pilot). Add one additional action/attack at levels three, six, eleven, and fifteen.
- +0 on initiative
- +2 to strike
- +2 to parry
- +2 to dodge (optional: +2 at low, +4 at medium, and +6 at high speed differentials)
- +3 to roll with a punch or fall with an impact, reducing damage by half.
- Tilt Dodge Modifier (applied to the regular dodge bonus): -5.
- Critical strike same as pilot's hand-to-hand.
- Body block/tackle/ram - 2D4 M.D. plus a 50% chance of knocking an opponent down, causing him to loose initiative and one attack that melee round.
© Aaron Sketchley