Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
A Zentrādi Forces Command Division Reconnaissance Pod. It has great thrust and heavy armour, and it doesn't only carry out reconnaissance and espionage, but was also given roles where it penetrated enemy defensive lines by making good use of the kinds of firearms that it is equipped with. Even though the number that were deployed in the conflict with the Earth Unified Forces was only a few, they developed fierce battles with the VFs.
The Kerukaria Theatre Scout Pod is an advanced reconnaisance vehicle used by the Zentrādi forces. With a crew of three, (pilot, co-pilot/gunner, and sensor operator), the Kerukaria is able to gather data on enemy forces from long distances due to its advanced sensor equipment. Due to its size and armour, it is also able to withstand most mobile weapon attacks. The Kerukaria Theatre Scout Recon Pod is 126.7 metres long, which by human scales is small ship, but by Zentraedi standards is merely a large mobile weapon. However, unlike ships the Kerukaria relies almost exclusively on vernier thrusters for flight control, without them it would be unable to make any form of movement other than forwards.
The Kerukaria's impressive sensor systems are a super-long-range early-warning Doppler radar, gravity wave passive radar, optical systems, electromagnetic systems, passive and active particle system cluster. The Kerukaria is not a very common craft and is rarely fielded by Zentrādi Commanders, many of which prefer to use the Scout Regult. A Commander who requires precise and highly detailed data will use the Kerukaria and its more highly advanced sensors.
Theatre Scout Reconnaisance Pod
Boquomoux 2117334th Zentraedi Fully-Automated Weaponary Production Satellite
Three: pilot, co-pilot/gunner and sensor operator, wearing Light Zentrādi Armour
MDC BY LOCATION:
Dual Barrel P-Beam Guns (2) 50 each
Medium Range Missile Launchers (2) 80 each
(1) Sensor Eye 100
(2) Legs (4) 150 each
(3) Engine thrusters (2) 250 each
(4) Main Body 950
(5) Boreregue Emergency Escape Capsule 200
Vernier thrusters (10) 15 each
- Destroying the Sensor Eye will knock out the mecha's major sensor systems, including all of the optics systems (infrared, nightvision, thermal). Radar and communications will be unaffected.
- Depleting the MDC of one leg will reduce walking speed by 50%. Destroying both legs on one side of themecha will render the Kerukaria unable to walk.
- Destroying one thruster will reduce the flight speed of the mecha in space by 50%. Destroying both thrusters will render the mecha immobile.
- Depleting the MDC of the Main Body will destroy the Mecha, killing the crew as well unless they escape in the escape pod.
- In the event of the mecha's destruction the crew may have time to make it to the escape capsule. The esape capsule has the same speed as the Kerukaria but none of the sensors or weapons. It is simply a metal an with a rocket attached to the back.
3,250 kmph (Mach 2.62)
Two 16.8 GGV class Boquomouxy thermonuclear reaction furnance.
1. DUAL BARRELLED ELECTRON MOUNTED PARTICLE BEAM GUNS (2):
The Kerukaria's main weapon used in the mecha's defence. The Particle Beam Guns barrels are fire-linked together, so that all four barrels will fire at the same target everytime the gunner depresses the fire stud. The weapon is the same as the article Beam Guns used by the Regult, with simply double the number of barrels.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Defence
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Mecha
- RANGE: 1200 m
- DAMAGE: 1D8X10 M.D. (Per Barrel). Total of 4D8x10 MD.
- RATE OF FIRE: Equal to pilots number of attacks. All four barrels can be fired in unison.
- PAYLOAD: Effectively Unlimited.
2. MEDIUM RANGE MISSILE LAUNCHERS (2):
For further defence against attack, the Kerukaria is equipped with medium range missiles, which launch from two side missile launchers.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-Mecha
- MISSILE TYPE: Any Medium range missile
- RANGE: Varies with missile type
- DAMAGE: Varies with missile type,usually 3D6X10 MD
- RATE OF FIRE: Volleys of 1-12 missiles
- PAYLOAD: 6 missiles per launcher. Total of 12 missiles
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR THE Kerukaria:
- COMBAT COMPUTER: The Kerukaria is equipped with a combat computer that can store and analyze data during combat with hostile forces. The forward viewscreen of the mecha allows the computer to display large amounts of data to the pilot and even highlight enemies and missile attacks with overlaid graphics. The combat computer tracks and identifies specific enemy targets, and has a database of over 35,000 images stored in memory. The computer can identify and track up to 1000 targets simultaneously.
- EXTERNAL AUDIO PICKUP: Range: 300 ft (91.5 m). A sound amplification system that can pick up normal conversation up to 300 feet away.
- HEAT AND RADIATION SHIELDS: Special shielding prevents the penetration of life threatening heat and radiation. A radiation detection and alarm system are linked with the shields and will sound an alarm if there is a rupture in the shields and what the levels of radiation are.
- OPTICS: NIGHTVISION: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive light image intensifier that emits no light of its own, but relies on ambient light which is electronically amplified to produce a visible picture.
- OPTICS: INFRARED: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). This optical system projects a beam of infrared light that is invisible to the normal eye, but detectable by the mecha's sensors. The system allows the pilot to detect hidden/concealed objects by their IR reflectiveness. The beam will be visible to anyone with IR sensitive optics, however.
- OPTICS: THERMAL IMAGER: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive optical heat sensor that detects infrared radiation projected by warm objects and converts that data into a false-color visible image. The system enables the pilot to see in the dark, in shadows, and through smoke, and also adds a +10% bonus to pilots using a tracking skill.
- RADAR: 500 mile (321 km) range.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with satellite relay capabilities. Range: 600 miles (960 km) or can be boosted indefinitely via satellite relay.
- SELF-DESTRUCT: To prevent capture of the Kerukaria by the enemy, the pilot can activate self-destruct system, which will cause the Mecha to explode after a delay of up to 60 minutes (time is set by the pilot). The explosive damage is contained within a 20 foot (6 m) area and inflicts 1D6X10 M.D. to everything within the radius of the explosion. All internal systems are obliterated. The crew can escape in the emergency escape capsule.
- ESCAPE CAPSULE: The Kerukaria includes Boreregue emergency escape capsule as an ejection system for the crew would be impractical, and it allows any sensor readings to be passed into the capsule also.
COMBAT BONUSES Kerukaria TRAINING:
- Training for all Zentraedi personnel
- 1 attack per melee (plus those of the pilot)
- Add one additional action/attack at levels three, nine and fifteen
- +1 to strike
- Parry not possible
- +1 to dodge
- +0 to roll with a punch or fall with an impact, reducing damage by half
- Critical strike same as pilot's hand-to-hand
- Body block/tackle/ram - 4D6 M.D. plus a 90% chance of knocking an opponent down, causing him to loose initiative and one attack that melee round.
© Aaron Sketchley