Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
|Sukhoi Su-34/32FN Fullback|
Similar to the Su-34, the Su-32FN began developement in the early 90's as a shore based long range maritime strike fighter. The project was suspended in 1997 but was restarted in 1999 as an export version under the designation of the Su-32MF. It was only after 2000 that the Su-32FN began appearing in Russian forces.
Designed to attack enemy submarines and surface ships, the Su-32FN/MF can operate in all weather conditions, day or night. For it's assigned role, the fighter is equiped with maritime search radar, a ventral sono-bouy pod with 72 bouys, MAD, laser rangefinder, ECM pods on the wingtips, and a EFIS cockpit with 7 LCD screens. The Su-32FN/MF is armed with one GSh-301 30mm cannon in a starboard wing root extension and 12 hardpoints that can carry missiles, torpeados, bombs, sonobouy pods, mines, or other ordinance.
The Su-32FN/MF provides the crew of two with a lot of protection and amenities. In addition to it's rear facing radar, the cockpit is well protected by 17mm of titanium armor. The amenities consist of side by side in K-36DM zero/zero ejection seats with built-in massage function. Another aid for the crew is the small kitchen and restroom located in the hump behind the cockpit. These amenities allow the crew to be well rested when they engage in combat, even after long trips.
Ship Based Strike Fighter
Sukhoi Design Bureau Russia
One pilot wearing Tactical Life Support System
MDC BY LOCATION:
Engines (2) 100 each
(1) Main Body 255
Cockpit Section 120
Wings (2) 75 each
Tails (2) 40 each
Drop Tanks (3) 50 each
- (1) Destruction of the main body will shut the unit down completely.
- Mach 1 (1300 kmph) at sea level, and Mach 1.6 above to a ceiling of 15,000 m
- MAX ENGINE THRUST:
- 12,800 kg x2 from engines
- 6.36 m
- 14.7 m
- 23.34 m
- Standard: 39,000 kg
- Fully loaded Weight: 45,100 kg
- OPERATIONAL RANGE:
- 4500 Km (Can utilise up to three drop tanks with 3000 Litres of fuel for extended range)
- Small compartment behind pilot's seat for personal belongings.
- POWER PLANT:
- Two Lyul'ka AL-31K Turbofan engines with afterburners
- GRYAZEV/SHIPUNOV GSH-30-1 (9A-4071K) 30MM INTERNAL GUN SYSTEM:
Internally mounted within the Flanker is a 30mm Cannon capable of firing at a rate of 1500 to 1800 rounds per minute, (25 to 30 rounds per second.) Fitted within the Su-33 it is only capable of firing at targets directly in front of the fighter.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-Aircraft
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Ground Assault
- RANGE: 6000 feet (1800 m)
- DAMAGE: 4D6 M.D. per single burst (25 rounds,) 1D6x10 per long burst (50 rounds.)
- RATE OF FIRE Equal to the pilot's combined number of attacks.
- PAYLOAD: 180 rounds
- WING HARD POINTS (12):
The SU-32FN Flanker has 12 underwing hardpoints that utilize launching devices
Refer to Missile FCS 00 for details.
1 per hardpoint:
- R-27EM [AA-10] Alamo: up to 11 missiles
- R-33 [AA-9] Amos up to 11 missiles
- R-60 [AA-8] Aphid: up to 11 missiles
- R-73 [AA-11] Archer: up to 11 missiles
- Kh-25M [AS-10] Karen: up to 4 missiles
- Kh-29 [AS-14] Kedge: up to 4 missiles
- Kh-31P [AS-17] Krypton: up to 6 missiles
- Kh-35 [AS-20] Kayak: up to 4 missiles
- Kh-41 Moskit: 1 missile
- Kh-58 [AS-11] Kilter: up to 4 missiles
- Kh-59 Ovod [AS-13 Kingbolt]: up to 4 missiles
- Kh-59M [AS-18] Kazoo: up to 4 missiles
- External Fuel Tank: the tanks are used to extend the cruising range, and are dropped when the vehicle enters combat.
- SORBTSIYA ECM PODS:
Used to defeat hostile radar, the ECM, (Electronic Counter Measures,) jammer will confuse all radar so that the fighter can not be detected or locked onto with radar guided weapons. This does not give away the position of the fighter but it does let the enemy know that they are there. The only way that it can be defeated is with ECCM, (Electronic Counter-Counter Measures.)
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Block Enemy Radar
- RANGE: 30 miles
- RULES: Confuses all radar within 30 miles, but can be defeated by ECCM, if the ECCM operator gets a higher Sensory Instruments percentage roll against the ECM operator.
- APP-50 CHAFF/FLARE DECOY DISPENSORS:
Located in the rear middle section of the Flanker's fuselage are the counter-measures dispensors. Triggered by the pilot they will release either a chaff cloud or single flare depending on what the pilot chooses. They are used to confuse enemy missiles attacking the Tomcat. Smart missiles get a 20% bonus when rolling on the below chart.
- 01-50 Missile/s detonated by Chaff/Flare
- 51-75 Missile/s loses track of target and veers away in wrong direction, (may lock onto another target)
- 76-00 No effect, missile is still on target
- Payload: 30 of each type
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR THE SUKHOI SU-32FN FLANKER:
- AUTO-PILOT: The SU-32 is equipped with a computerized auto-pilot, allowing the pilot to relax or even sleep during long voyages. The auto-pilot can be programmed with a single destination or a complex flight plan involving multiple speeds, directions, and destinations. The onboard computer will alert the pilot when the fighter is near its destination, and can also be set to automatically signal when sensors detect objects near the fighter.
- COMBAT COMPUTER W/HUD DISPLAYS: NPO Geophysica 36-sh EOS (controlled by NSTS-27 helmet mounted sight)
- EJECTOR SEATS/HOMING SIGNAL: Zvezda K-36DM - The pilots' seats are ejection seats designed to eject them in the event of a catastrophe. They must be manually operated to fire. The pilot carries a homing devices within a small radio within their flightsuit in the event of them having to ditch. These radio/homing signals have a range of 100 miles.
- LASER RANGEFINDER: Range: 8 km.
- OPTICS: CAMERA: Range: 30 miles (48 km). A Television Camera Set (TCS) is used for visual target identification at long ranges. The TCS is a high resolution closed circuit television system. The selected FOV is displayed in the cockpit and can be recorded by the Cockpit Television System. It is used for both reconnaisance, and to assist in target aquisition in air to ground attacks.
- OPTICS: INFRARED: Range: 50 km IRST
- OPTICS: NIGHTVISION: Range: 2000 feet (610 m).
- IN-FLIGHT REFUEL: The Flanker is fully capable of refueling in mid-air due to a forward mounted in-air refuel nozzle which allows the fighter to refuel and thus extend its operational range.
- ARRESTOR HOOK: The Flanker is equipped with an arrestor hook to permit it to land on Aircraft Carriers.
- COUNTER-MEASURES: The Flanker is equipped with chaff and flare decoy dispensers, as well as an ECM jammer linked into the SPO-15 "Beryoza" Radar Reciever Warning system. (See under Weapon Systems for details.)
- RADAR: Leninez OKB B004 multi functional phased array terrain following /mapping radar. (Sea Sake maritime search radar ASW)
- REAR RADAR: NIIP NO-12
- RADIO COMMUNICATION: (R-862 radio & A-611 marker radio receiver) Long range, directional communications system with satellite relay capabilities. Range: 600 miles (960 km) or can be boosted indefinitely via satellite relay.
- STANDARD SURVIVAL KIT: The pilots flightsuit comes equipped with a portable survival equipment. The equipment includes a small waterproof radio/homing signal, a medium-sized flashlight, two hand flares, one rocket flare, a compass, infrared distancing binoculars, a small mirror, a pocket knife, dehydrated and concentrated food (can be stretched into a five day supply for one person) and basic first aid items (aspirin, bandages, disinfectants, etc.)
- TACTICAL LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM: The Flanker's cockpit features pressurized air feeds to the pilots flight suit that provides them with pressurized breathing. The flight suit also promotes blood circulation even during high-g turns, thus decreasing the possibility of the pilot blacking out in combat.
COMBAT BONUSES FOR SU-32 FULCRUM TRAINING:
BASIC FIGHTER COMBAT TRAINING
Basic training for non-pilot military personnel.
1 attack per melee (plus those of the pilot).
Add one additional action/attack at levels three, nine, and fifteen.
+1 to strike.
+1 to dodge.
+1 to roll with a punch or fall with an impact, reducing damage by half.
Critical strike same as pilot's hand-to-hand.
ADVANCED SU-32 FULCRUM COMBAT TRAINING
Advanced training for military pilots.
2 attacks per melee (plus those of the pilot).
Add one additional action/attack at levels three, six, eleven, and fifteen.
+2 to strike
+5 to dodge
+2 to roll with a punch or fall with an impact, reducing damage by half.
Critical strike same as pilot's hand-to-hand.
© Aaron Sketchley