Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
The Esbeliben Rigādo Battlepod is the standard tactical mecha of the Zentrādi forces. Without exception, every Zentrādi and Meltrandi soldier is taught how to pilot and fight with this particular mecha regardless of what their regularly assigned mecha is. Despite its light armour and low speed, it is a capable weapons platform able to undertake almost any role the Zentrādi decide to set it too. However, its light armour does mean it can be quickly damaged or destroyed in combat - meaning that the Zentrādi tend to use the Blitzkrieg tactic against their opponents.
The fundamental weakness to the Rigādo Battlepod is its limited detection and communications equipment -- its prime use is as a blitzkrieg attacker, after all. To overcome this, the Protocultures developed the Scout Rigādo -- a standard Rigādo that has had all the weapons replaced with sensor and communication equipment. The Scout Rigādo is usually found hanging slightly back from the front lines acting as the eyes and ears of the Zentrādi Command on the battefield. The Scout Rigādo is usually found with an escort of two or more standard Rigādos. In addition, it is the role of Scout Rigādofs to coordinate and aim the long-range missile attacks from the two artillery variants of the standard Rigādo Battlepod. The pilot of the Scout Rigādo could be considered to be the Zentrādi Sergeant on the battlefield, with Gluag equipped officerfs being akin to the Lieutenants fighting at the front line.
The Scout Rigādo pilot is also trained in ECM and ECCM to maximize their abilities and to protect the Zentrādi battlenet. However, most Zentrādi that have not had previous human contact have grown rusty in their lack of ECM use against non-human opponents.
Vehicle Type: Zentrādi one-man tactical pod
Class: Aerospace Craft
Crew: Pilot only
Manufacturer: Esbeliben 4432369TH Zentradi Fully Automated Weaponry Development and Production
Customer: Zentrādi Armed Forces
- Standard Version
- Light Missile Carrier: Version with anti-aircraft cannons replaced by light self-guided missiles
- Heavy Missile Carrier: Version with anti-aircraft cannons replaced by heavy multi-warhead missiles
- Tactical Scout: Reconassaice version upgraded by Ectromelia 979972010th Zentradi Fully-Automatic Weapons Factory, Development.
MDC BY LOCATION:
Electron Beam Cannons (2)
Anti-Personnel Cannons (2)
Laser Anti-Aircraft Guns (top) (2)
or Missile Launcher Pivot 1
and Light Missile Launcher (2)
or Heavy Missile Launcher (2)
Sensor Eye 2
Legs 3 (2)
Engine thrusters 4 (2)
Main Body 5
Sensor Boom 6
25 (45 on Scout Rigādo)
- 1 It is the connecting unit that holds and turns the missile launcher pods. Attackers are -2 to strike, even on a called shot.
- 2 Destroying the Sensor Eye will knock out the mecha's major sensor systems, including all of the optics systems (infrared, nightvision, thermal). Radar and communications will be unaffected. Attackers must make a called shot at --6 to strike due to its small size.
- 3 Depleting the MDC of one or both of the legs will render the vehicle incapable of walking. The Rigādo can hover and fly about at walking speeds for a limited period of time. The Rigādo can also eject the leg assembly if needed.
- 4 Destroying one thruster will reduce the flight speed in space by 50%. Destroying both thrusters will render the vehicle immobile in space.
- 5 Depleting the MDC of the Main Body will destroy the vehicle, probably killing the pilot as well.
- 6 Scout Rigādo only. The Scout Rigādo does not have the Particle Beam Cannons, Auto Cannons or laser Guns. The missile launchers on those equipped with it has the same MDC.
9 m high or 15.2 m long, without thrusters.
FLYING: 1,046 kmph (in space, only). Rigādo relies almost exclusively on vernier thrusters for flying controls.
G limit: +7 (in space)
Maximum rate of ascent: under investigation
The Rigādo is unable to reach the edge of space over an Earth-sized planet.
Operational Underwater Depth: 100 m
Standard: 15.12 m
Light Missile Carrier: 18.67 m
Heavy Missile Carrier: 19.12 m
Tactical Scout: 18.20 m
Standard: under investigation
Light Missile Carrier: 9.86 m
Heavy Missile Carrier: 8 m
Tactical Scout: 12.6 m
Standard: under investigation
Light Missile Carrier: 8.2 m
Heavy Missile Carrier: 8.3 m
Tactical Scout: 7.6 m
Standard: 37,000 kg
Light Missile Carrier: 39,600 kg
Heavy Missile Carrier: 41,000 kg
Tactical Scout: 39,800 kg