Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
|Northampton class Stealth Frigate Variants|
Northampton Stealth Frigate Zentoran Specification
The following stats are conversion notes that detail the changes from the base Northampton Class Stealth Frigate
The Zentraadi specification Stealth Frigate that was used by the Macross 5 Fleet, which was composed only of Zentraadi. Even though there are hardly any differences in the structural and performance sides compared to the type used by the Macross 7 Fleet, because Zentraadi equipment has been added, the different shape of such things as the bridge, and other differences, they are about 110 t heavier than the type operated by the Macross 7 Fleet. In addition to normal type, such variations as reconnaissance models and early warning types that make the best use of their stealth construction exist.
The Stealth Frigate is categorized as the smallest class in the Macross 5 Fleet's war fleet. In the Macross 5 Fleet, they had the role of guarding the Macross 5 mother ship. This ship's Zentoran specification, when compared with the Macross 7 Fleet's type, has a form that is round overall.
The bridge itself is the domed shape. Multiple antenna and radar have been installed around it. The ship features a long antenna that is installed reaching from the bridge to the end of the ship itself.
MDC BY LOCATION:
Main Body 8,000
Laser Sensor 300
Anti-Ship Cannons (8) 300 each
Length: 250 m
Operational Weight: 1,310 t
6. SHIP-BORNE CRAFT (STANDARD): almost always VA-14.
LASER SENSOR: installed in the bottom of the hull. It is used for such things as catching the position of enemy warships. Range: 2,000 km (20,000 km in space).
COMBAT BONUSES FOR SPACECRAFT TRAINING
+3 to strike.
Northampton Stealth Frigate Fighting Strength Enhanced type
A Northampton class Frigate that has been modified with enhancements to it's combat capabilities. It is essentially the precurser to the Stealth Cruiser Space Cruiser with such changes as additional beam gun sponsons on the sides, and an enlarged bow with additional missile launchers. The engines have also been improved, but they don't entirely compensate for the increased mass, and there is some performance loss.
MDC BY LOCATION:
(1) Main Body 8,500
Anti-ship Beam Guns (4) 500 each
Anti-Ship Missile Launchers (4) 400 each
Rail Cannon (4) 300 each
58 mm Beam Gun Turrets (10) 300 each
Twin Beam CIWS Turrets (24) 300 each
Speed (sublight): 0.15 speed of light (approximately 45,000 kmps)
Speed (Auxiliary Drives): Mach 4.5+ (Mach 9+ in space)
Space Fold Range: 35 light years if there are no fold faults.
Maximum instantaneous combat acceleration: 1.75+ G
Length: 252.5 m
Operational Weight: 1,500 t
1. BIFORS ANTI-AIR ANTI-SHIP BEAM GUNS (4):
The Fighting Strength Enhanced type has additional beam gun sponsons, in an arrangement similar to the Stealth Cruiser Space Cruiser.
- DAMAGE: The four guns can be fire linked, for a maximum of 4D8x1,000 MD.
2.BIFORS ANTI-SHIP MISSILE LAUNCHER (4): unchanged
3. RAIL CANNONS (4): These immense cannons are used for long range artillery bombardment purposes. The rail cannons are built into the enlarged bow. They utilize linear motors to propel shells at incredible velocities torward a target. The rail cannons are the main bombardment cannon of the Fighting Strength Enhanced type. The railguns fire a self-guided shell, and are capable of precision fire to a range of more than 400 km.
The shells can be controlled during flight, somewhat similar to how wire-guided missiles are. The shells can be redirected up to 45º off of the initial firing arc, governed by the initial firing angle and muzzle velocity. The shells cannot be redirected to hit targets behind the Mobile Battery Ship. Nor can they be hijacked in midair to hit the ship itself.
- PURPOSE: Artillery Bombardment, Anti-Warship
- RANGE: precise fire to just over 300 km (3,000 km in space).
- DAMAGE: 4D4x1,000 M.D. per cannon per blast. (two cannons: 4D8x1,000 MD, four cannons: 8D8x1,1000 MD)
- RATE OF FIRE: Each rail cannon can fire up to 2 times per melee. The guns can be combined into any volley combination, though they are usually fired in pairs.
- PAYLOAD: 50 per cannon. Additional shells are contained onboard but must be loaded into the guns ammo containers (requires 1D4 hours).
- TIME TO HIT TARGET: Based on a muzzle velocity of approximately Mach 12.0 (12,864 kmph). GMs are advised to either increase the time or decrease the time depending on their opinion of a slower or faster muzzle velocity. (Divide time to target by 10 in space.)
|Time to target
4. RETRACTABLE 58 mm BEAM GUN TURRETS (10)
The number of beam gun turrets have been expanded on the Fightening Strength Enhanced type Northampton class Frigate. On the bow, 4 turrets are along the top and three turrets are along the bottom. On the stern, two turrets are on the top, and one turret is on the bottom.
DAMAGE: The turrets can be fire linked with other turrets, for a maximum of 7D8x100 MD from the front/side, 3D8x100 MD from the rear, or 9D8x100 MD from the sides.
5. RAMMINGTON 20 mm TWIN BEAM CIWS (24):
With the extension of the bow, the Fighting Strength Enhanced type has more beam CIWS.
The Beam CIWS tracking systems will target incoming missiles first and attacking mobile weapons second.
7. SHIP-BORNE CRAFT (STANDARD): unchanged
COMBAT BONUSES FOR SPACECRAFT TRAINING: due to the mass increases, there is a slight degradation in mobility.
+4 to dodge
+2 to roll with impact, reducing damage by half.
Northampton Stealth Frigate Reconnaissance and Early Warning type
The Reconnaissance and Early Warning type Northampton have replaced two of the Anti-Ship Missile Launchers with deployable sensor arrays, have an enlarged sensor dome on the bottom, and numerous additional sensors on the hull.
In addition to serving as an AWACS type craft in the first defensive line of an Emigrant Fleet, the Reconnaissance and Early Warning type are likely to be operated in detached fleets; such as a small fleet "Pilot Fish" that precedes and observes on the course of the emigrant fleet or fleets that search for planets for securing resources.
MDC BY LOCATION:
(2) Sensor Array (on top of Command Tower) 350
Anti-Ship Missile Launchers (2) 400 each
Large Deployable Sensor Arrays (2) 450 each
Enlarged Seonsor Dome 500 each
4. ELECTRONIC COUNTERMEASURES: Note: In space, Radio and Radar Waves are range x10.
- IDECM (Integrated Defensive Electronic CounterMeasures)
- ALQ-192 COMMUNICATION JAMMING DEVICE: range: 6,500 km
- ALQ-199 TACTICAL NOISE JAMMING DEVICE: range: 6,500 km
- ALQ-200 MULTI-BAND TRACK BREAKER: range: 6,500 km
2. BIFORS ANTI-SHIP MISSILE LAUNCHER (2): Two have been replaced by the deployable sensor arrays. The capabilities of the remaining missile launchers are unchanged.
7. SHIP-BORNE CRAFT (STANDARD): basically unchanged, however the Variable Fighters carried are primarily reconnaisance or interception types, and the number of VF Landing Pods carried has been halved.
Unless otherwise noted, refer to Ship Sensor Systems for details. Note: In space, Radio and Radar Waves are range x10.
- ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVE SENSOR: range 500 km.
- ENLARGED SENSOR DOME: installed in the bottom of the hull. It uses flash-type LADAR capable of creating 3D images. It is used for such things as catching the position of enemy warships. Range: 2,000 km (20,000 km in space).
- FOLD COMMUNICATIONS: range approximately 10 light years (95 trillion km).
- FOLD WAVE SENSOR: can identify up to 5,000 targets simultaneously, and can guide long to medium-range missiles at 250 targets at the same time. Range: approximately 1 light year. If deployable sensor arrays are destroyed, range drops to approximately 1.5 to 2.0 AU.
- RADAR - INTEGEATED MULTI-PURPOSE SENSOR SET: range: over 32,000 km. Can detect and track up to 4,000 targets simultaneously and can record position, speed, and direction of motion for all targets tracked. Can target 250 targets at the same time.
© Aaron Sketchley