Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
The ARMD (Armaments Rigged-up Moving Deck) Gunship class is part of a multi-purpose space battle carrier that was developed on the concept of "comparatively smaller yet excels in manoeuvrability". It has a high manoeuvrability that far surpasses that of a usual warship and a reaction engine cluster of significant power. The design was carried out by Macross Frontier's Hashuu [Yaesu] Heavy Industries and L.A.I., and it was built in a dock inside the Macross Frontier.
The ARMD-R Gunship, even when separated from the Macross Quarter, can cruise in the void of space, fold, and so forth on it's own, as well as such things as cruise in the atmosphere and underwater.
The ARMD-R's prow is equipped with a Gatling type buster cannon. With energy also supplied from the center hull, a more and more powerful shot in heavy quantum reaction mode is possible. Heavy energy conversion armour is used in the warship's bow, and a pin-point barrier can also be expanded to be used at the same time. At this time, it is also like a sabre-shaped weapon. The ARMD-R connects to the Macross Quarter's forward starboard (right) side) and is capable of the Daedalus Attack.
The ARMD-R was designed as a support ship that, after providing heavy fire support for the Macross Quarter fleet, would land to disgorge it's detachment of troops as the Macross Quarter's main landing craft; all the while protected by air support from the ARMD-L.
Extension Rig(ging) for the Macross Quarter class
70 (10 officers, 30 enlisted, 30 pilots with the capability to accommodate another 50 personnel on special assignment).
Manufacturer: Hashuu [Yaesu] Heavy Industries and L.A.I.
Government: New Unified Government (Earth)
Customer: S.M.S., New Unified Forces
MDC BY LOCATION:
Forward Third/Gun Barrel
(1) Main Body
(2) Main Engines
(3) Command Tower
(4) Sensor Array (top and bottom) (2)
Medium Anti-Ship Missile Launcher (2)
Anti-Aircraft Missile Launcher (2)
Twin Beam CIWS Turrets (4)
Landing Bay Door
Destroid Booths (10)
Armored outer hull (per 12 m area)
Interior walls (per 6 m area)
(5) Pin Point Barrier (4)
- (1) Depleting the MDC of the main body will put the ship out of commission. All internal systems will shut down, including life support and internal gravity. The ship itself will be an unsalvageable floating wreck.
- (2) Depleting the MDC of the main engines will force the ship to rely on its secondary engines. Depleting the MDC of the main engines AND secondary engines will leave the ship adrift in space. If in an atmosphere, the ship will crash (destruction of the main engines will render the anti-gravity system useless due to loss of power).
- (3) Destroying the command tower will instantly kill the command staff (main bridge) and destroy one of the sensor arrays.
- (4) Destroying both sensor arrays will deprive the ship of all forms of long range communications, radar and targeting. The range and targeting capabilities of the secondary systems are equal to that of a VF-11 Thunderbolt. The ship can still operate, but is at -3 on initiative, -3 to strike, and number of attacks per melee of the weapon systems are reduced by half.
- (5) The pin-point barrier will regenerate at a rate of 2,500 MD per melee round.
0.25 speed of light (approximately 75,000 kmps)
Speed (Auxiliary Drives):
Mach 6 (Mach 12 in space)
Space Fold Range:
35 light years if there are no fold faults.
Planet bound: Can cruise in atmosphere and underwater.
estimated 30 year life span, which can be extended with regular maintenance and overhauls.
Maximum Underwater Depth:
Maximum rate of ascent:
400 m per minute using the anti-gravity propulsion system.
Maximum instantaneous acceleration during combat:
Length: about 217 m
Operational Inertial Mass: 35,000 t
Main Engine: Reaction Engine Cluster
Fold Engine: OTM Macross Fold engine cluster system.
Sublight Drive: OTEC/Sentinel Impulse Drive Cluster
Gravity Control System: OTEC Advanced Gravity Control System
- DAMAGE CAPACITY: 2,500 MDC. Regenerates at a rate of 2,500 MD per melee round.
5 ELECTRONIC COUNTERMEASURES
Note: In space, Radio and Radar Waves are range x10.
The ship has acquired a fighting strength that can oppose the Vajra by converting or refitting the missile warheads and guns to MDE warhead and beam specification using Fold Quartz extracted from Vajra corpses.
Note: Stats indicate the Effective Range. Maximum Range is effective range x1.5, but is -3 to strike.
In space: Explosions and shock-waves: range x 10, but damage x0.1 in the extended shock-wave; Lasers: range x2; Extended range is range x3, but is -2 to strike and damage x0.5; Other weapons: range x2
1. GATLING TYPE BUSTER CANNON (1):
The main weapon of the ARMD-R Gunship is a gatling-type buster cannon/Heavy Quantum Reaction Cannon. The Heavy Quantum Reaction Cannon can be used when energy is supplied by the central hull. Rapid-fire is possible with lower output in addition to being used as melee weapon when combined with pin-point barrier. (Macross Cannon)
The cannon is one of the most powerful weapon ever mounted on a ship of this size. Because of the small proportions and reduced output of these cannons, the capacitors can be recharged about once every 20 seconds (18 melee rounds). Power modulation allows for intensity of beam to be regulated. It can be fired at once for a powerful shot, or in sequence for an almost constant bombardment of an enemy target.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-Warship
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Heavy Assault
- RANGE: 48,000 km (Heavy Quantum Reaction Cannon is also 800 m wide).
- DAMAGE: Rapid fire Gatling buster cannon: 4D4x1,000 MD; Heavy Quantum Reaction Cannon: 1D4x100,000 MD (only available when connected to the Macross Quarter)
Melee weapon: 2D4x1,000 MD (only available when connected to and swung by the Macross Quarter)
- RATE OF FIRE: Rapid fire Gatling Buster cannon: once per 10 seconds (1 melee). Heavy Quantum Reaction Cannon: once per 120 seconds (8 melees)
Melee weapon: equal to the pilot's attacks.
- PAYLOAD: Effectively unlimited.
NOTE: A sufficiently strong force field can deflect/absorb the beam if necessary. Examples of such fields include multiple pinpoint barrier shields layered on top of each other and barriers generated by stronger Protodeviln beings. A force field must have AT LEAST 10,000 MDC capacity before it can resist a heavy particle beam of this magnitude.)
2. MEDIUM SELF-GUIDED ANTI-SHIP MISSILE LAUNCHERS (2):
Twp are recessed in the ventral hull, in front of the command tower.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Defence
- RANGE: 4,000 km
- SPEED: Mach 6+ (7,350 kmph, Mach 12+ in space)
- DAMAGE: 4D10x50 M.D. to 25 m, 4D10x5 M.D. to 50 m, 4D10 M.D. to 75 m.
- BLAST RADIUS: 75 m
- RATE OF FIRE: 1 to 5 missiles per launcher. Each launcher can fire a maximum of 2 times per melee round. The two launchers can be fired together.
- PAYLOAD: 15 missiles per launcher, 30 missiles total. A few dozen missiles are held in storage, but require 1D4x5+20 minutes to load.
3. ANTI-AIRCRAFT MISSILE LAUNCHERS (2)
Two per side. Each launcher contains 10 missile tubes allowing volleys of up to 10 missiles to be fired at a single target per launcher.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-aircraft
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Warship
- MISSILES TYPE: Short-range high-maneuverability self-guided missiles
- RANGE: 50 km
- SPEED: Mach 2+ (2,450 kmph, Mach 4+ in space)
- DAMAGE: 3D8x10 M.D.
- BLAST RADIUS: 15 m
- RATE OF FIRE: 1 to 10 missiles per launcher.
- PAYLOAD: 10 missiles per launcher. Once the missiles are expended, the launcher is reloaded within 1 round via an automated system. The reload system holds 50 missiles per launcher.
- OTHER: Missile Body 10 MDC; Proximity fuse detonation. Defeats target via fragmentation. 1/2 damage vs. armoured targets. 2 attacks, +2 to strike.
4. RAMMINGTON 20 mm TWIN BEAM CIWS (4):
These Close in Weapons Systems (CIWS) can either be computer or manually controlled and do not suffer the negative modifiers to hitting attacking mobile weapons, that larger Starship based weapons do. They are intended primarily for anti-aircraft and anti-missile defense, but can do moderate damage against smaller enemy spacecraft if they get too close. Two BEAM CIWS are located on the port and starboard sides of the BASTER, with 2 near the bow, and 2 near the stern.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-Missile
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Aircraft
- RANGE: 4,000 m
- DAMAGE: 1D6 MD per round. 1D6X10 MD per 10 round burst. Refer to the Gun Pods and Beam Machine Gun Burst and Spray Rules for alternatives.
- RATE OF FIRE: Equal to the controller's number of hand-to-hand attacks. If set on automatic each laser turret can fire up to 4 shots per round.
- PAYLOAD: 40 rounds per melee. The CIWS are limited to bursts of 10 or 20 rounds per attack.
- NOTE: The Beam CIWS can be set on automatic during combat, during which time they have a +3 to strike due to their advanced tracking systems. The Beam CIWS tracking systems will target incoming missiles first and attacking mobile weapons second.
5. ARMOURED DESTROID BOOTHS (10):
There are booths along the top of the ARMD-R for the deployment of the anti-aircraft Cheyenne II. In general, anti-aircraft interception is carried out from within the booths. However, the booths can open up and the Cheyenne II can separate from them as necessary.
In addition to providing armour, the booths provide direct connections to both the Macross Quarter's power supply and sensors, providing the Destroids with the full capabilities of the Macross Quarter's sensors and coordinating each of the Cheyenne II to provide a better overall defensive net.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-Aircraft fire support
- DEFENCE: provide partial cover for the Cheyenne II stationed within them. Attackers must make a called shot to hit the Cheyenne II.
- NOTE: +1 to strike when connected to the ARMD-R's sensor network; +3 to strike when connected to the Macross Quarter's.
6. SHIP-BORNE CRAFT (STANDARD):
The ARMD-R serves as the main landing ship in the Macross Quarter fleet, with a large hangar, hatch and landing ramp located in the underside of the central section of the hull. The armoury usually has enough stores (Super Parts, missiles, etc.) for 5 to 10 combat sorties.]
The hangar ceiling is 15 m high. Only the hangars, gun barrel and cargo bays are macron (battroid) scale. The rest of the ship is micron scale.
12 Cheyenne II: for AA duties and landing
6 Beatrice: for landing
1 Shuttle/Liason Craft
Forward Third/Gun Barrel Armoured Hatches (12):
12 Cheyenne II: (1 in each) for AA duties, landing and boarding (Daedalus Attacks).
7. HAND TO HAND COMBAT
If necessary, the pilot of the BASTER can use the ship itself as a weapon. The attack isn't recommended as, even though the PPB may prevent the ship itself from being damaged, the sudden stop will send everything that isn't strapped down flying, and may cause considerable damage or even death among the crew.
- Ram: 1D6x1,000 M.D. (counts as two attacks)
Unless otherwise noted, refer to Ship Sensor Systems
Note: In space, Radio and Radar Waves are range x10.
- CONTROL SYSTEM
- ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVE SENSOR: range 375 km.
- FOLD COMMUNICATIONS: range approximately 10 light years (95 trillion km) when deployed in outer space.
- FOLD WAVE SENSOR: can identify up to 3,096 targets simultaneously, and can guide long to medium-range missiles at 186 targets at the same time.
- OPTICS - ATFLiR Advanced Targeting Forward-Looking Infrared
- OPTICS: HYBRID SENSOR/TV CAMERA SYSTEM
- RADAR - INTEGEATED MULTI-PURPOSE SENSOR SET: range: over 3,200 km. Can detect and track up to 3,096 targets simultaneously and can record position, speed, and direction of motion for all targets tracked. Can target 186 targets at the same time.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION
OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
Unless otherwise noted, refer to Ship Other Systems
- AIRLOCKS: 12 are scattered over the hull.
- ARMOURED HATCHES: The front of the ship is covered with armoured hatches and elevators (4 per side, 12 total) that are loaded with a single Cheyenne II in each. During Dadaedalus Attacks, the Cheyenne II pop up from the hatches and unleash a maelstorm of missiles. In landing operations, the Destroids can also egress from the ship using these hatches. The barrel of the gun is used to traverse between the armoured hatches and the main hangar. The hatches also serve as armoured destroid booths, but without the power or information supply.
- DOCKING - HARD & SOFT
- GRAVITY CONTROL
- IFF ANTENNA
- IFF/UHF DATALINK ANTENNA AND TACAN/UHF ANTENNA
- LANDING BAY: 1 in the underside of the central hull connecting the hangar to the outside. Destroying the door will depressurize the hangar only. It has two interior airlocks to access the rest of the ship. It requires 2D6 minutes to cycle. The door is operated by radio signal or a control panel with a display, keypad and devices for media input (card swipers, USB ports, etc.). External control panels are protected from space debris by a sliding cover. Some control panels are encrypted or electronically locked.
- LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS
- SUBLIGHT ENGINES
- SPACE FOLD SYSTEM
- UHF & VHF ANTENNA
COMBAT BONUSES FOR SPACECRAFT TRAINING
The following is in ship-to-ship combat with enemy starships or Protodeviln. They do not apply in ship to mobile weapon combat.
- +3 attack per melee (plus those of the pilot). +1 attack at levels 3, 6, 11 and 15.
- +1 initiative
- +2 to strike
- +3 to dodge
- +3 to roll with impact, reducing damage by half.
- Tilt Dodge Modifier: -5.
- Critical strike same as pilot's hand-to-hand.
© Aaron Sketchley