Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
|Guantánamo Class Stealth Space Carrier|
Of course it is named the Advanced ARMD, because it's a stealth warship that developed the design of the ARMD class Space Carrier. The same as the ARMD class, it has excellent productivity because of it's characteristic simple construction that has propulsion engines and combat equipment added to a fighter dock. In addition, because 40-50 ship-borne craft could be loaded onto it, it was operated as the mainline carrier in the Macross 7 fleet. Also, the Guantánamo class was also likely to serve as the defence station of the core ships in the fleet, the same as the Uraga class. The CV299 "Guantánamo" was docked with the agricultural ship Sunnyflower.
The Guantánamo class features a diamond-shaped hull structure with four decks. Moreover, the warship's bow and the lower side of the main nozzle in the warship's stern are large docks. The Guantanamo also has an excellent deployment ability of carrier based craft.
The Guantánamo class Escort Space Carrier is the standard type Stealth Space Carrier and was suitable for mass production with its simple hull structure. Many ships of the same type were built, and they took an active part as the main carrier of the New Unified Forces. If it's a VF-11 class aircraft, a maximum of about 70 planes can be loaded into the carrier.
In the central part is a loading and maintenance space, the warship's bow and stern are equipped with large docks for arrival and departure, and they were used as VF mother-ships. Diamond shaped tanks for the ship-borne craft propellant are installed in the rear of the hull. A stealth treatment has been applied to their exteriors.
Vehicle Type: Escort Ship
Class: Stealthy Space Carrier
465~485 (90 officers, 320 enlisted, 55~75 pilots with the capability to accommodate another 50 personnel on special assignment).
Government: Unified Government (Earth), New Unified Government (Earth)
Customer: New Unified Space Forces, New Unified Space Forces
MDC BY LOCATION:
(1) Main Body
(2) Command Tower
(3) Sensor Array (on top of Command Tower)
(4) Main Engines/Power Plants (2)
(4) Secondary Engines (4)
(4) Small Guidance thrusters (24)
Main Flight Deck (4)
Medium Anti-Ship Missile Launchers (4)
Twin 30 mm Beam Gun Turrets (2)
30 mm Beam CIWS Turrets (14)
Anti-Aircraft Missile Launchers (4)
Outer Hull (per 12 m area)
Interior walls (per 6 m)
(5) Pin Point Barriers (4)
- (1) Depleting the MDC of the main body will put the ship out of commission. All internal systems will shut down, including life support and internal gravity. The ship itself will be an unsalvageable floating wreck.
- (2) Destroying the command tower will instantly kill the command staff (main bridge) and destroy one of the sensor arrays.
- (3) Destroying both sensor arrays will deprive the ship of all forms of long range communications, radar and targeting. The range and targeting capabilities of the secondary systems are equal to that of a VF-11 Thunderbolt. The ship can still operate, but is at -3 on initiative, -3 to strike, and number of attacks per melee of the weapon systems are reduced by half.
- (4) Depleting the MDC of the main engines will force the ship to rely on its secondary engines. Depleting the MDC of the main engines AND secondary engines will leave the ship adrift in space. If in an atmosphere, the ship will crash (destruction of the main engines will render the anti-gravity system useless due to loss of power).
- (5) The pin-point barrier will regenerate at a rate of 2,500 MD per melee round.
0.20 speed of light (approximately 60,000 kmps)
Speed (Auxiliary Drives):
Mach 9 in space.
Space Fold Range:
50 light years if there are no fold faults.
cannot fly in an atmosphere. Will burn up and crash.
estimated 30 year life span, which can be extended with regular maintenance and overhauls.
Maximum Underwater Depth:
Maximum rate of ascent:
400 m per minute using the anti-gravity propulsion system.
Maximum instantaneous combat acceleration: 1.45+ G
Length: 352 m
Height: 71.2 m (not including antenna)
Width: 111 m (not including antenna or beam guns)
Operating Weight: 9,500 t
Main Engine: General Galaxy Impulse Drive Engine
Fold Engine: OTEC / Shinnakasu Fold System (auxiliary gravity field control system)
Sublight Drive: OTEC/Centinel Impulse Drive Cluster
Gravity Control System: OTEC Advanced Gravity Control System
- DAMAGE CAPACITY: 5,000 MDC. Regenerates at a rate of 2,500 MD per melee round.
5. ELECTRONIC COUNTERMEASURES
Note: In space, Radio and Radar Waves are range x10.
The ship has acquired a fighting strength that can oppose the Vajra by converting or refitting the missile warheads and guns to MDE warhead and beam specification using Fold Quartz extracted from Vajra corpses.
Note: Stats indicate the Effective Range. Maximum Range is effective range x1.5, but is -3 to strike.
In space: Explosions and shock-waves: range x 10, but damage x0.1 in the extended shock-wave; Lasers: range x2; Extended range is range x3, but is -2 to strike and damage x0.5; Other weapons: range x2
1. MEDIUM SELF-GUIDED ANTI-SHIP MISSILE LAUNCHERS (4):
1 is located recessed in each of the edges of the hull, in approximately the center of the ship.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Defence
- RANGE: 4,000 km
- SPEED: Mach 6+ (7,350 kmph, Mach 12+ in space)
- DAMAGE: 4D10x50 M.D. to 25 m, 4D10x5 M.D. to 50 m, 4D10 M.D. to 75 m.
- BLAST RADIUS: 75 m
- RATE OF FIRE: 1 to 5 missiles per launcher. Each launcher can fire a maximum of 2 times per melee round. The two launchers can be fired together.
- PAYLOAD: 15 missiles per launcher, 60 missiles total. A few dozen missiles are held in storage, but require 1D4x5+20 minutes to load.
2. Rammington TWIN 30 mm BEAM GUN TURRETS (2):
These turrets are capable of delivering sizable amounts of firepower to any fire fight the Carrier may find itself in. 2059 version only.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-Warship
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Defence
- RANGE: 1,000 km
- DAMAGE: 1D6x100 M.D. per blast. The two guns on a single turret can be fire linked, and the turrets can be fire linked with other turrets, for a maximum of 4D6x100 MD.
- RATE OF FIRE: Each cannon can fire four times per melee. The cannons in each turret can be fired individually or together in a single volley.
- PAYLOAD: Unlimited as long as the main engines are operational.
3. Rammington 30 mm BEAM GUN LASER PHALANX CIWS (14):
These Close in Weapons Systems (CIWS) can either be computer or manually controlled and do not suffer the negative modifiers to hitting attacking mobile weapons, that larger Starship based weapons do. They are intended primarily for anti-aircraft and anti-missile defense, but can do moderate damage against smaller enemy spacecraft if they get too close. The lasers are located at key points along the spacecraft's hull. At most 4 lasers can be directed against a single target at any time. On earlier models, they retract into the ship's hull when not in use.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: anti-missile
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: anti-aircraft
- RANGE: 4,000 m
- DAMAGE: 1D6 MD per round. 1D6X10 MD per 10 round burst. Refer to the Gun Pods and Beam Machine Gun Burst and Spray Rules for alternatives.
- RATE OF FIRE: Equal to the controller's number of hand-to-hand attacks. If set on automatic each laser turret can fire up to 4 shots per round.
- PAYLOAD: 40 rounds per melee. The CIWS are limited to bursts of 10 or 20 rounds per attack.
- NOTE: The Beam CIWS can be set on automatic during combat, during which time they have a +3 to strike due to their advanced tracking systems. The Beam CIWS tracking systems will target incoming missiles first and attacking mobile weapons second.
4. BIFORS ANTI-AIR HIGH-MANOEUVERABILITY MISSILE SYSTEM (4):
Two in the front half of the ship, mounted port and starboard, and two in the rear half, mounted ventrally and dorsally. Each launcher contains 10 missile tubes allowing volleys of up to 10 missiles to be fired at a single target per launcher.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-aircraft
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Warship
- MISSILES TYPE: Short-range high-maneuverability self-guided missiles
- RANGE: 50 km
- SPEED: Mach 2+ (2,450 kmph, Mach 4+ in space)
- DAMAGE: 3D8x10 M.D.
- BLAST RADIUS: 15 m
- RATE OF FIRE: 1 to 10 missiles per launcher.
- PAYLOAD: 10 missiles per launcher. Once the missiles are expended, the launcher is reloaded within 1 round via an automated system. The reload system holds 50 missiles per launcher.
- OTHER: Missile Body 10 MDC; Proximity fuse detonation. Defeats target via fragmentation. 1/2 damage vs. armoured targets. 2 attacks, +2 to strike.
5. SHIP-BORNE CRAFT (STANDARD):
The Guantanamo also has an excellent deployment ability of carrier based craft.
The armoury usually has enough stores (Super Parts, missiles, etc.) for 5 to 10 combat sorties.
The hangar ceiling is 15 m high. Only the hangars and cargo bays are macron (battroid) scale. The rest of the ship is micron scale.
2040's - 40-50 ship-borne craft
34 VF-11C (2 sqaudrons) on active status.
2 VF-11C Protect Armour: for close-range heavy combat.
12 VA-3M (1 squadron) on active status
2 Shuttles/Liason Craft
Note: in some fleets there were only VF-11C (all 48 VFs).
2050's - maximum of about 70 ship-borne craft
48 QF-4000 (AIF-7S) Ghost (2 squadrons) on active status
26 VF-171 (2 squadrons) on active status (a portion may be converted to the VF-25)
12 VB-171 (1 squadron) on active status
6 VA-3M on active status
2 Shuttles/Liason Craft
Note: in some fleets there were only VF-171/VB-171 (all 68 VF) or all QF-4000 (136-204 Ghosts).
6. HAND TO HAND COMBAT
If necessary, the pilot of the Guantánamo class Space Carrier can use the ship itself as a weapon. The attack isn't recommended as, even though the PPB may prevent the ship itself from being damaged, the sudden stop will send everything that isn't strapped down flying, and may cause considerable damage or even death among the crew.
- Ram: 1D4x1,000 M.D. (counts as two attacks)
Unless otherwise noted, refer to Ship Sensor Systems
Note: In space, Radio and Radar Waves are range x10.
- CONTROL SYSTEM
- ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVE SENSOR: range 250 km. (Later models are 350 km.)
- FOLD COMMUNICATIONS: range approximately 5 light years (47.5 trillion km) when deployed in outer space. (Later models are 10 light years (95 trillion km).
- FOLD WAVE SENSOR: can identify up to 2,064 targets simultaneously, and can guide long to medium-range missiles at 124 targets at the same time. (Later models can track 3,096 targets, and can guide missiles at 186 targets.)
- OPTICS - ATFLiR Advanced Targeting Forward-Looking Infrared
- OPTICS: HYBRID SENSOR/TV CAMERA SYSTEM
- RADAR - INTEGEATED MULTI-PURPOSE SENSOR SET: range: over 3,200 km. Can detect and track up to 2,064 targets simultaneously and can record position, speed, and direction of motion for all targets tracked. Can target 124 targets at the same time. (Later models can track 3,096 targets, and can missiles to guide 186 targets.)
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION
OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
Unless otherwise noted, refer to Ship Other Systems
- AIRLOCKS: 30 are scattered over the hull.
- CARGO HATCHES: 8 are scattered over the hull.
- DOCKING - HARD & SOFT
- GRAVITY CONTROL
- LARGE DOCKS: the warship's bow and the lower side of the main nozzle in the warship's stern are large docks.
- IFF ANTENNA
- IFF/UHF DATALINK ANTENNA AND TACAN/UHF ANTENNA
- LANDING BAY: 1 in the underside of the rear hull connecting the hangar to the outside. Destroying the door will depressurize the hangar only. It has two interior airlocks to access the rest of the ship. It requires 2D6 minutes to cycle. The door is operated by radio signal or a control panel with a display, keypad and devices for media input (card swipers, USB ports, etc.). External control panels are protected from space debris by a sliding cover. Some control panels are encrypted or electronically locked.
- LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS
- SUBLIGHT ENGINES
- SPACE FOLD SYSTEM
- STEALTHY COMPOSITION
- UHF & VHF ANTENNA
COMBAT BONUSES FOR SPACECRAFT TRAINING
The following is in ship-to-ship combat with enemy starships or Protodeviln. They do not apply in ship to mobile weapon combat.
- +3 attack per melee (plus those of the pilot). +1 attack at levels 3, 6, 11 and 15.
- +2 initiative
- +3 to strike.
- +3 to dodge
- +3 to roll with impact, reducing damage by half.
- Tilt Dodge Modifier: -5.
- Critical strike same as pilot's hand-to-hand.
© Aaron Sketchley