Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
|Arugenikusu (Algenicus) Space Cruiser|
The Algenicus class space cruiser is one of the first Unified Forces's vessels to emerge after the First Interstellar War, with it's design and production beginning shortly after the war. Built on the captured Factory Satellites, the cruisers are heavily influenced by Zentraadi designs, being something of a mixture of styles culminating in an aesthetically pleasing vessel. The ship itself is heavily armed with converging guided beam cannons and anti-ship missiles, making it a more than adequate front-line combat warship. While they are designed for frontline combat, the cruisers are not intended for heavy starship combat against Zentraadi warships which greatly outgun them. It's weapons are designed for both offence and defence, with a large number of anti-warship missile launchers sequestered in the booms on the side of the ship.
424 (75 officers, 325 enlisted, 24 pilots with the capability to accommodate another 50 personnel on special assignment).
Unified Government (Earth), New Unified Government (Earth)
Unified Space Forces
MDC BY LOCATION:
(1) Main Body
(2) Command Tower
(3) Sensor Array (2, top & bottom)
Side Booms Sections (2)
Launch Rails (2)
(4) Main engines (2)
(4) Secondary Engines (2)
Small Guidance thrusters (30)
Heavy Anti-Warship Missile Launchers (24)
Dual Barrel Guided Converging Beam Gun Turrets (3)
Twin Beam CIWS Turrets (16)
Anti-Aircraft Missile Launcher (4)
Outer Hull (per 12 m area)
Interior walls (per 6 m)
(5) Pin Point Barriers (4)
- (1) Depleting the MDC of the main body will put the ship out of commission. All internal systems will shut down, including life support and internal gravity. The ship itself will be an unsalvageable floating wreck.
- (2) Destroying the command tower will instantly kill the command staff (main bridge) and destroy one of the sensor arrays.
- (3) Destroying both sensor arrays will deprive the ship of all forms of long range communications, radar and targeting. The range and targeting capabilities of the secondary systems are equal to that of a VF-11 Thunderbolt. The ship can still operate, but is at -3 on initiative, -3 to strike, and number of attacks per melee of the weapon systems are reduced by half.
- (4) Depleting the MDC of the main engines will force the ship to rely on its secondary engines. Depleting the MDC of the main engines AND secondary engines will leave the ship adrift in space. If in an atmosphere, the ship will crash (destruction of the main engines will render the anti-gravity system useless due to loss of power).
- (5) The pin-point barrier will regenerate at a rate of 2,500 MD per melee round.
0.20 speed of light (approximately 60,000 kmps)
Speed (Auxiliary Drives):
Mach 5 (Mach 10 in space)
Space Fold Range:
30 light years if there are no fold faults.
Can cruise in atmosphere, but can only land in water.
estimated 30 year life span, which can be extended with regular maintenance and overhauls.
Maximum Underwater Depth:
Maximum rate of ascent:
400 m per minute using the anti-gravity propulsion system.
Maximum instantaneous combat acceleration:
1,750 t standard
Main Engine: General Galaxy Impulse Drive Engine
Fold Engine: OTEC / Shinnakasu Fold System (auxiliary gravity field control system)
Sublight Drive: OTEC/Centinel Impulse Drive Cluster
Gravity Control System: OTEC Advanced Gravity Control System
- DAMAGE CAPACITY: 2,500 MDC. Regenerates at a rate of 2,500 MD per melee round.
4. ELECTRONIC COUNTERMEASURES
Note: In space, Radio and Radar Waves are range x10.
Note: Stats indicate the Effective Range. Maximum Range is effective range x1.5, but is -3 to strike.
In space: Explosions and shock-waves: range x 10, but damage x0.1 in the extended shock-wave; Lasers: range x2; Extended range is range x3, but is -2 to strike and damage x0.5; Other weapons: range x2
1. DUAL BARREL GUIDED CONVERGING BEAM CANNONS (3):
Akin to those on the SDF-1 and Zentraadi ships, the Guided Converging Beam Cannons provide a heavy punch, with two facing forward (one mounted dorsally, the other ventrally), and one facing aft (mounted dorsally). The gun barrels can be aimed and fired independently, but can only be moved vertically to a new target.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-Warship
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Air
- RANGE: 450 km
- DAMAGE: 1D10x100 M.D. each. The two guns on a single turret can be fire linked, and the turrets can be fire linked with other turrets, for a maximum of 2D10x100 MD (rear) or 4D10x100 MD (front).
- RATE OF FIRE: each gun can fire three (3) times per melee. The gun turrets can be fired individually or be combined to fire a single volley.
- PAYLOAD: Unlimited as long as the main engines are operational.
2. HEAVY ANTI-WARSHIP MISSILE LAUNCHERS (24):
The Algenicus class Cruier has missile launcher tubes for launching ICBM-like missiles during combat. The launchers contain long-range nuclear missiles and are usually used only during assaults and heavy combat. 12 ejection ports are mounted on each side of the ship in the boom sections. They are recessed into the hull and fire port and starboard - but the missiles can manuever to fly in any direction. The missiles provide heavy supporting fire for the cruiser when entering combat, and can potentially end a battle with a single salvo of missiles.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Heavy Assault
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Warship
- RANGE: 5,000 km
- SPEED: Mach 2+ (2,140 kmph; Mach 4+ in space)
- DAMAGE: 4D8x1,000 M.D. to 750 m, 4D8x100 M.D. to 1,500 m, 4D8x10 M.D. to 2,250 m, 4D8 M.D. to 3,000 m.
- BLAST RADIUS: 3,000 m
- RATE OF FIRE: 1 per launcher. All twenty four (24) launchers can be fired at the same time.
- PAYLOAD: 1 per launcher (24 total).
3. RAIL CANNONS (2)
These immense cannons are used for long range artillery bombardment purposes. The rail cannons are built into the boom sections. They utilize the same linear motor that is used to accelerate VFs along the rail to propel shells at incredible velocities torward a target. The rail cannons are the main bombardment cannon of the Algenicus cruiser. The railguns fire a self-guided shell, and are capable of precision fire to a range of more than 400 km.
The shells can be controlled during flight, somewhat similar to how wire-guided missiles are. The shells can be redirected up to 45º off of the initial firing arc, governed by the initial firing angle and muzzle velocity. The shells cannot be redirected to hit targets behind the Mobile Battery Ship. Nor can they be hijacked in midair to hit the ship itself.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Artillery Bombardment
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Warship
- RANGE: precise fire to just over 300 km (3,000 km in space).
- DAMAGE: 4D4x1,000 M.D. per cannon per blast.
- RATE OF FIRE: Each rail cannon can fire up to 2 times per melee. The guns can be combined into any volley combination, though they are usually fired in pairs.
- PAYLOAD: 50 per cannon. Additional shells are contained onboard but must be loaded into the guns ammo containers (requires 1D4 hours).
- TIME TO HIT TARGET: Based on a muzzle velocity of approximately Mach 12.0 (12,864 kmph). GMs are advised to either increase the time or decrease the time depending on their opinion of a slower or faster muzzle velocity. (Divide time to target by 10 in space.)
|Time to target
4. RETRACTABLE 20 mm TWIN BEAM CIWS (16):
These Close in Weapons Systems (CIWS) can either be computer or manually controlled and do not suffer the negative modifiers to hitting attacking mobile weapons, that larger Starship based weapons do. They are intended primarily for anti-aircraft and anti-missile defense, but can do moderate damage against smaller enemy spacecraft if they get too close. The lasers are located at key points along the spacecraft's hull. At most 4 lasers can be directed against a single target at any time. On earlier models, they retract into the ship's hull when not in use
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: anti-missile
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: anti-aircraft
- RANGE: 4,000 m
- DAMAGE: 1D6 MD per round. 1D6X10 MD per 10 round burst. Refer to the Gun Pods and Beam Machine Gun Burst and Spray Rules for alternatives.
- RATE OF FIRE: Equal to the controller's number of hand-to-hand attacks. If set on automatic each laser turret can fire up to 4 shots per round.
- PAYLOAD: 40 rounds per melee. The CIWS are limited to bursts of 10 or 20 rounds per attack.
- NOTE: The Beam CIWS can be set on automatic during combat, during which time they have a +3 to strike due to their advanced tracking systems. The Beam CIWS tracking systems will target incoming missiles first and attacking mobile weapons second.
5. ANTI-AIRCRAFT MISSILE LAUNCHERS (4)
Two in the front half of the ship, mounted port and starboard, and two in the rear half, mounted port and starboard. Each launcher contains 10 missile tubes allowing volleys of up to 10 missiles to be fired at a single target per launcher.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-aircraft
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Warship
- MISSILES TYPE: Short-range high-maneuverability self-guided missiles
- RANGE: 50 km
- SPEED: 2,500 kmph
- DAMAGE: 3D8x10 M.D.
- BLAST RADIUS: 15 m
- RATE OF FIRE: 1 to 10 missiles per launcher.
- PAYLOAD: 10 missiles per launcher. Once the missiles are expended, the launcher is reloaded within 1 round via an automated system. The reload system holds 50 missiles per launcher.
- OTHER: Missile Body 10 MDC; Proximity fuse detonation. Defeats target via fragmentation. 1/2 damage vs. armoured targets. 2 attacks, +2 to strike.
6. SHIP-BORNE CRAFT (STANDARD):
The Algenicus cruiser carries two squadrons of Variable Fighters for defensive purposes, which are stored within the main body and side boom sections of the ship. When the fighters are being prepared for launch, they are loaded into cylindrical canisters that rotate the Variable Fighters into position for launching. When the cruiser is ready to launch its fighters, the cruiser's side booms open outward with launch rails sliding out from the forward section of the booms and locking into position on both sides of the ship, allowing fighters to launch forwards of the ship. The fighters inside of their canisters are positioned onto the launch rails and the canisters then withdraw to allow the fighter to launch, and the canister to load another fighter.
Due to the size of the ship and the launch rails, the ship is capable of launching 2 fighters per rail per melee (4 VF's total per melee). It takes 6 melee's to launch all of the ships fighters. This system of loading and launching fighters is an early version of the system used to launch Special Forces fighters from the Northampton class Stealth Frigates.
The armoury usually has enough stores (Super Parts, missiles, etc.) for 5 to 10 combat sorties. Carrier borne craft deploy toward the rear from a downward slopping access hatch.
The hangar ceiling is 15 m high. Only the hangars and cargo bays are macron (battroid) scale. The rest of the ship is micron scale.
Ship-borne Vehicles (STANDARD):
- 24 Variable Fighters
- 1 Shuttle/Liason craft
7. HAND TO HAND COMBAT
If necessary, the pilot of the Algenicus class Cruiser can use the ship itself as a weapon. The attack isn't recommended as, even though the PPB may prevent the ship itself from being damaged, the sudden stop will send everything that isn't strapped down flying, and may cause considerable damage or even death among the crew.
- Ram: 1D8x1,000 M.D. (counts as two attacks)
Unless otherwise noted, refer to Ship Sensor Systems
Note: In space, Radio and Radar Waves are range x10.
- CONTROL SYSTEM
- FOLD COMMUNICATIONS: range approximately 5 light years (47.5 trillion km) when deployed in outer space. (Later models are 10 light years (95 trillion km).
- FOLD WAVE SENSOR: Range: 1 AU.
- OPTICS - ATFLiR Advanced Targeting Forward-Looking Infrared
- OPTICS: HYBRID SENSOR/TV CAMERA SYSTEM
- RADAR - INTEGEATED MULTI-PURPOSE SENSOR SET: range: over 3,200 km. Can detect and track up to 2,000 targets simultaneously and can record position, speed, and direction of motion for all targets tracked. Can target 124 targets at the same time.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION
OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
Unless otherwise noted, refer to Ship Other Systems
- AIRLOCKS 40 are scattered over the hull.
- CARGO HATCHES: 4 are scattered over the hull.
- DOCKING - HARD & SOFT
- GRAVITY CONTROL
- IFF ANTENNA
- IFF/UHF DATALINK ANTENNA AND TACAN/UHF ANTENNA
- LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS
- SUBLIGHT ENGINES
- SPACE FOLD SYSTEM
- STEALTHY COMPOSITION
- UHF & VHF ANTENNA
COMBAT BONUSES FOR SPACECRAFT TRAINING
The following is in ship-to-ship combat with enemy starships or Protodeviln. They do not apply in ship to mobile weapon combat.
- +3 attack per melee (plus those of the pilot). +1 attack at levels 3, 6, 11 and 15.
- +2 initiative
- +3 to strike.
- +5 to dodge
- +3 to roll with impact, reducing damage by half.
- Tilt Dodge Modifier: -5.
- Critical strike same as pilot's hand-to-hand.
© Aaron Sketchley