Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
|Macross Timeline [Protoculture Era - Pre-Unified Government Years]|
- The Big Bang. This universe, as well as an adjoining Sub-Universe, are simultaneously born.
- In the Sub-Universe, a spiritual energy lifeform comes into being. It gradually evolves into a sentient lifeform. Life is born in this universe as well. It evolves and becomes the first sentient lifeform: the Protoculture.
- First year of Protoculture Calendar (PC 0).
497,600 BCE (PC 2,400)
- The first space colonization of the Protoculture begins (with the use of sub-light velocity spaceships). [Originally PC 2,600]
497,500 BCE (PC 2,500)
49,730 BCE (PC 2,700)
- The second space colonization of the Protoculture begins (by super-light velocity spaceships using Fold Navigation).
497,200 BCE (PC 2,800)
- Unification of the Stellar Republic by the Protoculture.
497,140 BCE (PC 2,860)
- Within the excessively overexpanding Stellar Republic, internal rifts begin forming. The internal rifts eventually develop into large-scale conflicts that split the Stellar Republic in two.
497,135 BCE (PC 2,865)
- Development on the "Ehvil Series" -powerful biological weapons based on the Zentraedi- begins. Ehvil is the abbreviation of the Protoculture term for "advanced (Zentraedi) all-enivron biological weapon." Trial production takes place on a scientifically advanced planet (the first planet of the star system later known as Varohta,) but because of unresolvable problems with the weapons' power exceeding the fighting capability requirements, trial production is halted.
497,132 BCE (PC 2,868)
- The existence of a Sub-Universe is confirmed on that scientifically advanced planet. According to survey results, this Sub-Universe abounds with super high levels of extra-dimensional energy, and this energy is discovered to have the potential for application (in our universe). The trial production of Super Dimensional Energy Gates -which can supply energy from the Sub-Universe- begins, and genetically engineered biological Super Dimensional Organs are developed. These biological Super Dimensional Organs are extremely compact, and they are expected to supply enormous amounts of energy. The internal conflicts within the Stellar Republic revives the development of the "Ehvil Series", and their trial production begins implementing the technology from the terminated "Ehvil Series." No problems are uncovered in simulations.
497,130 BCE (PC 2,870)
- A Protoculture survey ship stops temporarily on "Earth." By genetically reconstructing the native life, it plots the emergence of "Mankind" -a Sub-Protoculture (race) adapted to the planetary environment-, to prepare for future Protoculture colonization. During the survey ship's return to its home planet, it is destroyed by military ships opposed to the Stellar Republic. Records of Earth and Mankind are eventually lost. (PC 2900)
497,129 BCE (PC 2,871)
- On the scientifically advanced planet, trial production of the "Ehvil Series" for final tests begins. Seven Ehvil Series weapons of seven types, including a highly-mobile humanoid "Sivil" -for search-and-destroy functions-, and a super-scale, high-powered "Glavil" -for fleet warfare-, are completed. The Ehvil Series tests begin, but at the same time, the biological Super Dimensional Organs overload and extradimensional energy is released. The Ehvil Series' bodies are occupied by spiritual energy life forms from the Sub-Universe and thus creating, from the massive fighting capability of the Ehvil Series and the enormous potential of the spiritial energy, beings with extraordinary fighting ability and a coveting for "Spiritia" - life energy.
They covet Spiritia in order to continue existing as extra-dimensional beings in this universe. They begin invading the surrounding planets and systems using the spaceships and weapons of the people from the scientifically advanced planet that they brainwash - which later becomes known as the Insection Forces.
Three months later, the internal conflicts of the Stellar Republic halt, as efforts are devoted against the extradimensional energy beings occupying the Ehvil Series, dubbed "Protodevilun." However, over 30% of the Stellar Republic and several hundred systems are under Protodevilun control, and the Spiritia-deprived people number in the several hundred billion. The Zentraadi fight in the conflict, but due to their prime directive of "Do not interfere with the Protoculture", they are unable to fight effectively against the brainwashed Protoculture people under the control of the Protodevilun.
- A Protoculture survey ship charts the Char system. LV-426 is noted as a habitable planet.
497,128 BCE (PC 2,872)
- Nine months after the emergence of Protodeviln, over 85% of life in the Stellar Republic is lost. There is direct combat between the Protodeviln with their army of manipulated Protoculture people (the Inspection Forces) and the Zentraadi.
- A Protoculture City Ship arrives to explore LV-426. On the planet, a humanoid life form with the potential of evolving into intelligent life is discovered. The Protoculture decide to evolve the life form and not colonize the planet. Their City Ship lands and is hidden in a lake, and they evolve the humanoids, who flourish on the planet and begin developing a civilization.
497,127 BCE (PC 2,873)
- Approximately one year after the emergence of the Protodeviln, their power begins to rapidly decline. The "Protodeviln sealing operation" - Protoculture people (known as Anima Spiritia) who are significant in the war against the Protodeviln, are determined to have influential powers over the Protodeviln. The Protodeviln are completely sealed in special chambers through the efforts of the Anima Spiritia.
497,125 BCE (PC 2,875)
- The Protoculture population continues to decrease even through the Protodeviln are sealed away. The network among each colonized planet disintegrates. Control of the Zentraadi is lost and the reissuing of the prime directive "Do not interfere with the Protoculture" is ineffective.
497,120 BCE (PC 2,880)
- The Inspection Forces arrive at LV-426 and turn the humanoids into warriors for their armed forces. The Protocultures, on their hidden City Ship, attempt to stop the Inspection Forces by stimulating an ice age. The Inspection Forces detecte their actions, and attempt to locate the hidden Protoculture base.
497,118 BCE (PC 2,882)
- Failing to locate the hidden Protocultures on LV-426, the Inspection Forces detonate a large Anti-Spiritia weapon. The detonation reacts with the energies the Protocultures have been using to stimulate an ice age. In a violent cascading reaction, all of the water on the planet is transformed into silicate sand. Both the Protoculture City Ship and the flagship of the Inspection Forces are caught and quickly buried deep in the planet's surface.
497,115 BCE (PC 2,885)
- The Protocultures on LV-426 do not have sufficient resources to either escape or survive, and die buried in their City Ship. A Inspection Forces' scientist -who would later become known as The Sultan- and her top aides, are able to create a deep-freeze for themselves to survive in, until they are rescued.
497,000 BCE (PC 3,000)
- Dissolution of Stellar Republic. Opposition between the Inspection Forces and Zentraadi factions begins.
495,000 BCE (PC 5,000)
- In what still remains of the Stellar Republic, only a small number of separated colonized planets, colonization fleets, space colony clusters (bunches), and other populations at the edge of the galaxy, remain.
475,000 BCE (PC 25,000)
- the near annihilation of the Protoculture.
- The annihilation of the automated Reaction Weaponry production plants.
278,000 BCE (280,000 cycles before the present)
- Destruction of the Guraaji automated production system by an all-front Inspection Forces attack on the Roiquonmi Weaponry Plant.
1,700 BCE (3,700 cycles before the present)
- Almost new Guraaji units recovered from an opened weapons storage facility.
|Pre-Unified Government Years|
Use of nuclear weapons in actual combat.
Neil Armstrong of Apollo 11 marks Mankind's first walk on the Moon.
Maiden flight of the space shuttle Columbia.
Space Station New Frontier completed in satellite orbit.
Experimental nuclear fusion reactor surpasses criticality point.
06:00 JST: The falling object is determined by its form and other features to be an unknown object very different from a meteorite, and its forecasted path after atmospheric entry is made public (but as a meteorite).
07:00 JST: Since Japan is only separated by about 1,500 km from the predicted crashpoint, the news is announced in Japan in the form of an earthquake warning due to the panic predicted. The response plan is adopted.
18:15 JST: Amidst a dispute between a faction advocating to destroy the object by nuclear attack and factions advocating for no attack, the object named "EVA" (Evangel, which means the Gospel of the Coming,) enters the atmosphere above Burma. Due to the high temperatures and terrific shock waves, it reduces the summit of Mount Everest by nearly 1,000 m, destroys Moscow and Stockholm, and inflicts damage while passing over all parts of Europe. Furthermore, it travels over Iceland and Greenland, causes volcanoes to erupt in Canada, and crashes into South Ataria Island, at the southernmost tip of the Ogasawara Islands, above the Tropic of Cancer.
After July 17: Upon investigation by the UN, the meteorite is determined to be an alien spaceship. It is designated with the codename ASS-1 (Alien Starship 1). Official announcements are made that an asteroid, 3 km in diameter and composed of great quantities of metal, fell. Due to the great destructive damage, abnormal weather and starvation is caused in all parts of America, Russia [USSR], Europe and the rest of the world by the shock waves accompanying the fall of the ASS-1. The existence of aliens is treated as top secret until the confusion is brought under control. What begins as an emergency summit meeting between America and Russia [USSR]] becomes a summit meeting between every nation.
August: UN Investigation Teams are organized. Thorough study of the ASS-1 begins by the UN Investigation Teams. South Ataria Island is designated a UN sphere of jurisdiction.
December: According to the first report of the ASS-1 study, the alien spaceship is determined to be a war vessel, and its alien crew to be giants whose height is five times that of humans. In preparation for alien warfare, a plan is drafted to unify the countries of Earth and to establish an Earth Unified Government.
Space Station New Frontier, located 36,000 km above the Phoenix Islands, detects an intense radioactive phenomenon in the Lunar orbit, followed by the appearance of an object of great mass. Furthermore, it confirms that the object is heading towards Earth, coming 5.88 km closer every second. After approximately 18 hours, it will fall onto the Earth's surface. Upon receiving the report, the UN Space Agency confers with the heads of every nation. They each eventually adopt a response plan.
- July 17
- 00:30 Japan Standard Time (JST) (approximate):
The Macross Compendium
Dan Henwood, Alan Lisle, Jet Jockey
Various members of the cast and crew of the MRC and MRG.
© Aaron Sketchley