Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
|Macross Timeline [Unrest in the Unified Government]|
|Unrest in the Unified Government|
The M15 Fleet dispatches the 13th MEU and the Death Angels to investigate why contact with a Unified Forces outpost on Sigma Epsilon V had been lost. The expedition finds the outpost devoid of life. They discover a trap by Anti-Unified Government Forces to lure the M15 Fleet in, and destroy it with surface-based weaponry. The Marine Task Force takes heavy casualties, but is able to neutralize the threat to the fleet, and hold out until reinforcements can arrive from the Battle 15.
Remnant forces of the Varohta Fleet capture
- End of Year: development of the YF-24 Evolution begins due to destruction of the 117th Research Fleet by the Vajra.
- Aegis Focker is promoted to Major and relocates as unit leader of Beneb star system's AVFF (Advanced Variable Fighter Force) Angel Wings.
- SDFN-4 Global, flagship of the 117th Research fleet, is attacked and destroyed by the Vajra on Gaul 4.
Planet Eden an important Unified Government planet.
The Varohta Carrier Khan attacks the M15 fleet and inflicts heavy casualties in the escort fleet. The Black Omens Fold back to the fleet and launch a devastating attack on the Khan. Although critically damaged, the Khan escapes by emergency Fold.
- Spring: the 13th MEU participates in the recapture of
Planet Eden the important Unified Government planet from the Varohta Forces. Despite the size of the engagement and months of planning and preparation, it is over within a week.
- Early: the M15 Fleet is repaired in the space docks orbiting the Emigrant Planet New Patagonia, and the fleet leaves for sector
M183-92 M45-252 to continue its emigrant mission. The sector is believed to contain the ruins of several Protoculture colonies. The nearest Unified Government worlds are small and unimportant. The fleet will mainly be on its own.
- Late: the M15 Fleet arrives in sector
M183-92 M45-252. After an initial fight with the Cysgld, a crippled Zentraadi warship on its surface, a cease-fire is ordered and peace is negotiated. The crew of the Cysgld share valuable information about the sector, including the news that several Zentraadi warlords are fighting for control of the sector. The largest and strongest of the warlords is Commander Renrak, leader of the 3,568th Renrak Fleet.
- Mid: shortly after a Zentraadi ship briefly appears near the M15 Fleet, a small Meltraandi fleet Folds-in and deploys some of its Quadlunn-Rau units, before also Folding away.
- Late December: the M15 fleet Folds to Teradai IV, where they begin the battle against elements from the 3,568th Renrak Fleet for control over the planet.
Former UNSM Major Mircea Ivanescu, a leader of the Iconoclast, a cell of the Sovereign Independent Nations movement, leds a series of daring raids inside several M15 ships (the City-15, E-15 and Beginhill-15); which lead to the capture of City-15 Deputy Mayor Michael Hawthorn, his press secretary, the City-15 director of urban development, and prototype designs for upgrading the Destroids. The raids result in the death or injury of over 40 marines and two MP. Among the losses are the Marine Commander Lt. Col. Lance Blankenship, half of the Roughnecks, and nearly all the UNSM Salamanders unit.
- Suzie Newtlet ends her test pilot assignment at the same time she relocates Earth's Lagrange 4 space unit.
- Last known mass-production of the VF-19 (Block 27).
- Beginning of Year: L.A.I. develops a gravity control device for use in ISC.
- 3, Saturday: the First Battle of Teradai IV. Death Angels aid the Zero-Gs, who have been seriously damaged in battle.
- Brigadier General Andreas Ravins is given command of the 13th MEU.
- The Zero-Gs are transferred to the core territories (Sector 08).
- 10, Monday: the 2nd Annual Awards Ceremony. The Bloodhounds are stationed on Teradai IV to defend the construction of a military outpost.
- 11, Tuesday: the Citybusters attack a Zentraadi outpost on Teradai IV.
- 12, Wednesday: the Second Battle of Teradai IV - nearly every member of the Unicorns squadron is shot down while defending research teams at the Protoculture ruins. The Sentinels squadron suffer heavy loses. Several members of the Citybusters are transferred to the Sentinels to bolster their ranks.
The 13th MEU 13 Folds to Britannia to begin a publicity operation with the Britannia Royal Marines.
- 15, Saturday: Colonel Stein tests the Bloodhounds on the Riviera-15.
- 16, Sunday: a Meltrandi Gunship attacks the City-15.
- 08:30 the Falcons squadron are assigned to the UNS Hermes, and pursue a rogue shuttle.
- 17, Monday: the Falcons are labeled as terrorists for the hijacking of the UNS Hermes. The Bloodhounds are transferred to the UNS Crusader to join the hunt for the Falcons. The UNS Crusader discovers survivors from the UNS Resolute, including several pilots from the Sentinels.
- 24 and after: the Roughnecks unit encounters an Anti-Unified Government team training on Reebox, in Sector 08. Veteran retired Destroid Pilot "Chief" Kapoor is killed on the planet, and Major Morigana is injured.
- Fourth Week: the Zero-Gs are deployed to the "Rainbow Warrior II"; tasked with patrolling the shipping lanes in Sector 08.
- 3, Thursday: while the the Death Angels perform recon on Fordast (Sector M45-252), they discovery the ruins of a Domed Protoculture City. A Zentraadi Picket Ship appears, and begins systematically destroying the city.
- 4, Friday
- Very Early Morning: the Death Angels return to Fordast and find the Protoculture ruins completely destroyed, as well as the remains of a Supervision Forces ship. [A continuity error for the Death Angels occurs here as the locations map was reorganized years after the events were played out.]
- Early Morning: the Death Angels intercept the Sector 7 Space Pirates (SSSP), who have been stealing from both military and civilian freighters passing through the outskirts of the Charest System (Sector 01). Senior squadron members are taken prisoner. The Death Angels learn the location of the SSSP's home base from a captured pirate.
- Late Afternoon: Death Angels investigate LV-426. Their backup, the Guantanamo class Rainbow Warrior II, is destroyed by an energy blast from the SSSP's base. The surviving members of the Zero-Gs, Archers, and Rain Dancers squadrons escort the Death Angel's resupply shuttle to the surface.
Most of the Death Angels are lost in the ensuing battle for the Terraforming Tower. The SSSP and a contingent of Anti-UN flee the area, and destroy the top levels of the tower.
- 5, Saturday the Death Angels and the Rainbow Warrior II survivors meet Commander Yoshimoto, who merges them together as the Zero-Gs.
- The Unified Government refocuses its attentions on LV-426, initiating a revamped terraforming project and the development of a joint Unified Forces Space Marines and Unified Intelligence training facility in and around the Terraforming Fower. The Unified Forces initiate an intensive exploration of the planet's surface.
- The Roughnecks conduct a recon mission on the Colony Hasbron [Sector 8], a training planet for the Anti-UN. At least three squadron members are KIA.
- 11, Friday: the Zero-Gs are sent to Petite Cola Ad Colony #34 [Sector 8] to determine if the continuing threat of raids on PCAC #34 warrants and validates the colony's request to greatly expand it's Colony Defence Force; which is limited in size by Unified Government law strictly applied to all planets within its territory - even if those planets are not part of it.
- 12, Saturday: two members of the Zero-Gs are arrested for murder by the PCAC #34's police. They are subsequently released into the custody of the Unified Government Embassy, after secret talks between the colony governor, Laco S'pep, and the Ambassador, Ichigo Sherbet.
The Zero-G's assigned to investigate the opposite side of PCAC #34 watch helplessly as their VFs and a PCAC #34 CDF base are destroyed by what are later known as Black Sambas. The rest of the Zero-G are also attacked by Black Sambas at a Unified Government airstrip.
Emergency Unified Forces Fold to the planet within minutes, and make planet-fall to render assistance. The reception by the PCAC #34 government is a mix of gratitude and disdain.
- 14, Monday: the Zero-Gs return to LV-426, and when they transferring back to the UNS Argo, they encounter the mole who has been telling Unified Government secrets to the SSSP. During the confusion, the mole, UNS Lt. JG Clive BARCALOWE, steals a shuttle and makes his escape. The Zero-Gs are sequestered and questioned. The questions focusing on their last mission, the mole, and the ongoing troubles between the Unified Government and the emigrants of Britannia.
- 15, Tuesday: the Zero-Gs' UNSM and UNS pilots are segregated and given separate briefings and missions.
The UNSM flight, renamed Death Angels, is sent to 'Nam [Sector 07], to find the escaped mole. While he is fleeing, the Death Angels are confronted by 3 Black Sambas who shread the squadron before retreat by Fold.
The UNS flight, retaining the Zero-Gs name, are transferred to the surface of LV-426 along with a contingent of Unified Forces personnel from the UNS Argo. During a short reconnaisance of the planet, they discover a buried spaceship in a desert. Inside, they encounter a creature that takes a VF gun pod and uses it to kill itself, causing a nuclear fire explosion that damages all of the squadron's VFs and causes the ship remains to coompletely collapse.
- 16, Wednesday: the Death Angels are sent to El Dante [Sector 07] to make observations on a chemical weapons plant that has a weekly visit from a transport ship matching the SSSP's ship.
- 17, Thursday: the UNS Argo leaves LV-426 to begin preparations for a small UNSM strike against Hasbron [Sector 08]..
- 21, Monday: the UNSM call of the invasion of Hasbron when Marines are taken hostage and Anti-UN reinforcements arrive. The Roughnecks unit leave to attack the Anti-UN Mobile Weapons Plant located during the invasion (gathering information on its location was the real purpose of the invasion).
A Uraga class carrier being built in the shipyards at Apollo Moon Base is christened "Rainbow Warrior III", and the squadrons assigned to the "Rainbow Warrior II" are resurrected at the same time.
- 22, Tuesday: the Death Angels successfully destroy the chemical weapons plant and transport ship on El Dante. They return to the UNS Argo (orbiting LV-426) and get four days leave.
- 24, Thursday: Unified Forces Central Command issues transfer orders to the fleet to staff the Rainbow Warrior III, along with recently graduated VF pilots and personnel.
- 26, Thursday: the Roughnecks destroy the Anti-UN Mobile Weapons Planet on New Essex [Sector M44-1] with little opposition. They accidentally also apparently kill a few hundred disaster-victims as well.
- 27, Sunday: the Death Angels perform space patrols in LV-426's orbit.
- 1, Tuesday: the Roughnecks arrive on the outpost at Janix II [Sector 08]. In an Anti-UN raid, Governor General M.J. is assassinated.
The Emigrant Planet Eskar III [Sector 08] is taken by the People's Republic Army, a combined force of the region's Anti-UN forces, mercenaries, and the recently enlarged CDF of Thirty-Four (formerly known as Petite Cola Ad Colony #34).
Britannia formally requests that the Unified Government return all of its personnel. Suspicions rise in the Unified Government that Britannia 'may' have had advance knowledge of the Anti-UN invasion of Eskar III.
- 4, Friday: a small Unified Government convoy of gas and cargo transports in Sector 07, escorted by a single Bolognese Frigate, defolded at its scheduled time and location in deep space, and is immediately attacked and sunk by multiple Black Sambas.
- 6, Sunday: the Death Angels and the 13th MEU fold to Eskar III [Sector 08], form up with the 9th MEU, and begin a war with the People's Republic Army to liberate the Emigrant Planet.
- Midmorning: one of the Three-Stars orbiting LV-426 deposits a landing platform on the top of the Terraforming Tower. During the operation, a gravity dampening field is deployed that causes more of the crashed and buried Protoculture Ship under the tower to activate.
- 7, Monday: the combined Sovereign Independant States Forces (People's Republic Army and Eskar III Colony Defence Force) successfully defeats the UNSM task force - the survivors of which are immediatly captured as POWs. A ceasefire between the combatants is declared, and the Unified Forces backup fleet, that arrived mere minutes too late, retreats by Fold. Negotiations for the return of the Unified Government personnel begin.
- 14, Monday: the return of the Unified Government POWs from Eskar III is successfully negotiated. The cost is Unified Government recognition of both the ceeding of Eskar III to, and the existence of, the Sovereign Independent States. In addition to taxation rights for ships passing through an area stretching 10
AU light years from Eskar III's star. The POWs are transported to Janix II, the Sector 08 capital. The current magistrate of the sector, Marine Colonel Masumi, is off leading a battle against the Iconoclast terrorists on New Essex.
The Sovereign Independant States broadcast propaganda against the UNSM that "invaded" Eskar III, causing the weighty eye of the public in the Unified Government to fall on them. The 13th MEU is quickly put on trial for its heavy-handed activities on and before the invasion of Eskar III. UNS Admiral Perry strongly denounces the 13th MEU and Brigadier General Ravins role in the invasion.
- 15, Tuesday: troops of the 13th MEU arrive at Fioria for an extended leave. The widly televised trial of the 13th MEU begins.
- 17, Wednesday: the SSSP destroy the defence force interceptors, a gas transport vessel, and heavily damage the mining platform Core at Momoyama-3 [Sector 07] with Black Sambas. They then fire a heavy-particle beam-like weapon from their ship at Momodani, the main settlement on Seed (Momoyama-3's moon), leaving only a 750 m diameter blast crater where it was.
- 18, Friday: the trial of the 13th MEU ends with the disbandment of the 13th MEU. Ravins, along with a few other senior staff of the 13th MEU, are 'demoted' (to desk jobs) as punishment for their 'role' in events.
- 19, Saturday: negotiations conclude between Britannia's government, the ruling body of the Sovereign Independent States (SIS), and the government of Eskar III, with the return of Britannian POWs and Britannia's signing a treaty of non-aggression with the SIS; which also states that Britannia recognizes both the SIS and that Eskar III is a member of the SIS. As a result, the Unified Government loses access to the vital fleet repair and supply resources that Britannia provides for their continued suppressive actions against the SIS. The treaty provides the government of Britannia with an excuse to distance themselves from the belligerent actions that the Unified Government continues to take against member planets.
- 20, Sunday: in anticipation of an attack by the Sector 7 Space Pirates, Britannia activates and puts all of its Colony Defence Forces (CDF) on high alert. The space CDF fleet is deployed to patrol all points of the Charest system.
- 21, Monday:, the Black Wraiths squadron forms from the ashes of the Death Angels on LV-426, with additional transfers from the fleet. They begin retraining in the VF-22 and Mk. 3.09 Power Armour in preperation for their mission to stop the Sector 7 Space Pirates (SSSP). Their activities are top secret and have not been made public. However, they are rumoured to have engaged in time travel during their mission.
- 22, Tuesday: the Archers are assigned to the Rainbow Warrior III, and are sent on a training patrol. Immediately after take-off, two VFs in the squadron crash into the Moon's surface, with one fatality and one pilot in critical condition. While the investigation continues, Major Kim is assigned to oversee the training of the Archers.
The Rainbow Warrior III launches from the Apollo Moon Base's shipyards, and successfully test flies around the Moon. The ship joins the Earth Defense Force after parking itself in Earth orbit.
- 23, Wednesday: Britannia is attacked by Meltrandi mercenaries and the SSSP. The SSSP's ship fires its main weapon, and vaporizes New London. As the city is in the center of the colony, the subsequent fireball and shockwave causes damage to other cities, and devastates a huge portion of the planet's agriculture and industry. The orbital shipyards are also destroyed in the attack, and the mercenaries capture three Colony Defence Force ships. Just before retreating, the SSSP's transport appears to malfunction and partially explode.
Researchers on LV-426 detonate an extremely large test Spiritia Bomb on the planet's surface. The bomb releases positive Spiritia Energy that causes a chain reaction that turns a third of the planet's desert surface into water. Settled areas along the edges of the hills and mountains are hit by a massive tsunami. The entire planet's surface is then hit with monsoonal rains and typhoonal storms, resulting in massive flooding in low lying areas and the narrow valleys and canyons. The Black Wraiths are swept up in the chain reaction. When they recover from the initial impact, they are attacked by giant Spiritia bugs, which are apparently from below the surface of the planet.
- 25, Friday: the UNS Archer, a Bolognese Frigate, Defolds and rams the asteroid where the Archers squadron are practicing in a paintball game, at Earth. The heavily damaged frigate is investigated, and they discover that an enemy had attempted to seize control of the ship, and that the Archer's captain fought them off, after a lot of crew casualties, by blowing some hatches and sucking the atmosphere out of the ship.
The Rainbow Warrior III folds to White Flora Satellite City, in Jupiter's orbit.
- 26, Saturday: the Archers learn that 3 weeks earlier, the M15 fleet was attacked, and that the UNS Archer was one of that fleet's ships. The current status of the M15 fleet is unknown. They hear of other mysterious ships and fleet disappearances amongst the Unified Forces, and of a rumored rogue fleet in the 7th Sector - exactly where the Archers, in the 13th Galaxy Patrol are embarking to.
The Archers are sent to investigate a mysterious force of VFs that attacked a mining operation in the Momoyama system [due to time travel and time manipulation in the Black Wraiths game, these events are considered to have occured in original timeline, not the official one]. Part of the squad leaves to perform a recon of the area around base camp on Seed, but due to pilot error and miscommunication, there is a mid-air collision. One pilot is KIA and another is MIA. The search for the MIA pilot is posponed as a local news chopper arrives to investigage the sudden fire in the forest near the main settlement.
- 27, Sunday: the Anti-UN forces on Seed take the Archers by surprise and destroy over half of the squadron. The other half are either too damaged, or scattered to mount an effective counterattack. The Anti-UN forces make their escape from the planet while the Archers call for rescue.
- Late March: the 13th Galaxy Patrol Fleet gathers at a rendevous point in deep space, and the fleet begins its mission. Archers return to the Rainbow Warrior III in the fleet.
- 9: the Unified Forces reassigns Capt. Aegis Focker to the 727th Indpendent Special Command VF-X Ravens.
- 19: the VIFA-3 Black Wraiths defeat the Sultan, and eliminate the Sector Seven Space Pirates threat.
- Unspecified: the Archers are disbanded, with the surviving members being transferred to other squadrons in the 13th Galaxy Patrol.
- 15: the UNS Leander picks up the long-missing UNS Gasaraki on a collision course for the Procyon Shipyards. The Leander dispatches the Cavaliers to do preliminary investigations. Reports show sporadic signs of life onboard.
- 16-18: a squadron of marines is despatched from the Leander to look into the options for the destruction or course correction of the Gasaraki.
- 19 the Gasaraki is destroyed in a Fold engine explosion. There is only one reported survivor of the Marine squad: PFC June Montgomery; rescued by a Black Ops team that is in the area, Code named Task Force Talon. The Gasaraki Incident is widely reported in the media as a Anti-UN terrorist attack.
- Unspecified: publication of "Variable Fighter Master File: VF-19 Excalibur"
- 7: the VF-X Ravens squadron intercepts terrorist Timoshie Daldanton's heavy bombers en route to Hyde City.
- 23: CV-565 Saratoga II is attacked by a group lead by Critical Path Corporation president Manfred Brando.
- 4: the VF-X Raven's assault on Base Magic Mirror. Gilliam Angreat is declared MIA. Suzie Newtlet and Shun Tohma are reassigned to 727th Indpendent Special Command VF-X Ravens.
- 14: a terrorist convoy is intercepted and destroyed by the VF-X Ravens.
- 14: the VF-X Ravens liberate Hyde City, under the control of Timoshie Daldanton and the Gjagravan-Va Land Weapon.
- 1: the VF-X Ravens intercept Rorqual submarines on Planet Eden 3.
- 26: Timoshie Daldanton and his Black Rainbow terrorist group attempt to use laser satellites on Planet Vulcan.
- Only one part of planet Eden 3 is not favourable to emigration.
- Planet Sephira is inhabited by approximatively six million people.
- The VF-171 Nightmare Plus is developed as the main fighter - it is based off of the VF-17 Nightmare.
- Adoption of the TSS-50 Special Forces Specification flight suit.
- 16: battle at Area ASR8283200. [Note: the player has to choose which VF-X2 game path to take during this mission].
- 30: the Unified Forces defeat the Vindirance terrorist group. [Note: This date depends on which ending is chosen in Macross VF-X2].
- 2: an Annabella Lasiodora Mobile Weapon is destroyed at Ceres Base. [Note: This date depends on which ending is chosen in Macross VF-X2].
- 14: Wilbur Garland is killed above Macross City. The Vindirance terrorist group and the VF-X Ravens defeat the Lactence Fleet and the Macross 13. [Note: This date depends on which ending is chosen in Macross VF-X2].
- The ISC equipped YF-24EMD prototype completed. It is intended to be used as the base of the mass-produced VF-24 Evolution.
- The VF-24A Evolution is completed, and deployment begins in the New Unified Forces Earth Sphere Forces.
Macross Frontier, Macross Olympia and Macross Galaxy decide to work together to plan a Variable Fighter that rivals the VF-24 Evolution technology. It is called the "Triangular Plan". The Macross Frontier develops the YF-25, the Macross Galaxy develops the YF-27, and the Macross Olympia develps the YF-26 (it's development is later cancelled).
The M15 emigrants in Sector M45-4 have pretty much settled down. It's been over a year since the M15's last garble message.
The Unified Government has been growing through some changes into the New Unified Government. Emigrant Planets, Colonies and Emigrant Fleets are becoming more and more independent.
- Mio Levinas, from the illustrious Levinas family, joins the 37th Super Long Range Emigration Fleet's new Sound Force [Macross 7th Chord].
- April: the designing of the YF-25 Prophecy is completed.
- Jessica Blanc dies of an apparent suicide after a friendly fire incident.
- The problem of a successor Valkyrie for the VF-171 surfaces.
- September: 6 prototype YF-25 Prophecy are completed.
- November: the prototype YF-25 Prophecy undertake a test program on the remodelled Special Forces Uraga class carrier, Shanghai III.
- December: in it's first sailing, the Shanghai III aims for Macross Olympia, which is about 500 light years behind Macross Frontier. It takes 6 folds to arrive there.
- February: the Shanghai III arrives at the Macross Olympia, and further testing of the YF-25 Prophecy commences.
- March: the Shanghai III is placed in the designated testing airspace, the satellite orbit of planet M025, and both testing teams are deployed.
- 24: the prototype YF-25's first flight - the Macross Frontier comes near a newly discovered star system (in the M55NGC6909 Planetary Cluster) for resource collection. A series of test flight programs began on the 3rd planet (designated Messiah 025), where the atmosphere is deemed suitable for testing the new VF, along with the Uraga-class carrier "Shanghai III" serving as an orbital base for testing. [Shinsei Industry Test Flight Center, Planet Eden, Lagrange point L2 Factory Colony.]
- The Frontier Fleet attains ISC control, and it is incorporated into the YF-25 and [properly] timed. Atmospheric testing of the YF-25 is basically completed.
- all sorts of tests on the VF-25 Messiah continues to this date.
- 11: the Prototype YF-27's first flight from the small aircraft carrier "Katmandu III".
- Shinsei Industry submits and demonstrates the YF-24 Evolution.
- The advance mass production of the A, F and S type VF-25 (Block 2).
- The Unified Government and Frontier Fleet Parliament are told about the mass production of the YF-25 Prophecy, and it is assigned the number VF-25 and pet-name "Prophecy".
The Pirate Wars of U-o-Has Plain occur on Bo-Yae (Sector M45-3).
- Vanquish Races are held in the Macross Frontier Fleet.
- Macross Galaxy operates the YF-27-5 Shaher Femail in the Macross Frontier Vanquish Races.
The Macross Compendium
Dan Henwood, Alan Lisle, Jet Jockey
Various members of the cast and crew of the MRC and MRG.
© Aaron Sketchley