Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
A super life-form that always continues to evolve. Each individual is tied together in an Intestinal Bacteria Network that emits Fold Waves, and the entirety of the Vajra think as one. Due to this real-time information transfer ability, the damage information of a single individual is accumulated by the colony and fed-back into newly created individuals. Hence, the means of attack that are received several times do not apply to the next generation of Vajra.
In addition to the queen, several types of individuals exist. Independent Space Folds are possible, the shell is the same kind of material as Energy Conversion Armour, and objects that appear to be missiles are produced within a short period of time inside of their bodies. Fold Bacillus is included in their bodily fluids, and the humans that come into contact with it are infected by the V-type Infectious Disease; and they will die if they aren't treated at an early stage.
The Destroyer Vajra, is a Vajra in the form of a small fighting ship, which excels at acceleration and manoeuvrability. It exists in the several hundreds per Space Combat Group. In addition to being armed with a single powerful bio beam gun in the top of the front, it has a great number of small calibre beam guns for self-defence, and dozens of bio micro-missiles. The Destroyer Vajra can make super-long range movements with its Bio Fold Navigation. Its size is close to that of the Macross Quarter, and it features high manoeuvrability.
The Destroyer Vajra is a combat ship type Vajra that accompanies the Vajra Battleship. It is the smallest type among the vessel type of Vajra. Dozens of Destroyer types surround a single Battleship type. The destroyers advance in order to defend the Vajra Battleship, and they incessantly attack.
They don't appear to have a crew, and each one appears to be an individual creature. The characteristic Vajra pattern can be seen in various places in the overall slender form.
Although it is about one-tenth the size of the Vajra Battleship type, it has the ability to Space Fold on its own, and can form a powerful Fold Barrier. Even though the such things as the defensive capabilities aren't known, there were also ships that were sunk due to VB-6 fusillades.
There are sharp rams on the whole surface, and gun ports exist here and there. Even though it doesn't have a fighting ability to the extent of the Battleship Type, they're overwhelming number is a threat.
Vehicle Type: Escort Ship
MDC BY LOCATION:
Main Body 1
Sensor Clusters 2 (2, top and bottom of ship)
Main Engines/Power Plants 3 (2)
Secondary Engines 3 (4)
Small Guidance thrusters 3 (20)
Anti-ship Beam Guns (3)
Beam Guns (8)
Anti-Air Beam Guns (22)
Large fins/blades (2)
Armoured Hatches (23 on bow)
Outer Hull (per 12 m area)
Interior walls (per 6 m)
Fold Barrier 4
- 1 Depleting the MDC of the main body will put the ship out of commission. All internal systems will shut down, including life support and internal gravity. The ship itself will be an unsalvageable floating wreck.
- 2 Destroying both sensor arrays will deprive the ship of all forms of long range communications, radar and targeting. The range and targeting capabilities of the secondary systems are equal to that of a VF-11 Thunderbolt. The ship can still operate, but is at -3 on initiative, -3 to strike, and number of attacks per melee of the weapon systems are reduced by half.
- 3 Depleting the MDC of the main engines will force the ship to rely on its secondary engines. Depleting the MDC of the main engines AND secondary engines will leave the ship adrift in space. If in an atmosphere, the ship will crash (destruction of the main engines will render the anti-gravity system useless due to loss of power).
- 4 The Fold Barrier will regenerate at a rate of 2,500 MD per melee round.
0.30 speed of light (approximately 90,000 kmps)
Speed (Auxiliary Drives):
Mach 8 (Mach 16 in space)
Space Fold Range:
100 light years if there are no Fold Faults.
Can cruise in atmosphere, but can only land in water.
estimated 3,000 year life span
Maximum Underwater Depth:
Maximum rate of ascent:
800 m per minute using the anti-gravity propulsion system.
Maximum instantaneous combat acceleration:
Length: 200~300 m
Presumed Weight: 15~20,000 t
Main Engine: under investigation
Fold Engine: under investigation
Sublight Drive: under investigation
Gravity Control System: under investigation
3. Fold Barrier
The system generates a force field around the ship to deflect missiles, energy beams or projectiles.
- RANGE: Up to 100 m from the surface of the vessel.
- DAMAGE CAPACITY: 10,000 MDC.
- REGENERATION: at a rate of 2,500 MD per melee round.
- PAYLOAD: nearly inexhaustible. Will work as long as the system is functional and the engines are intact. If the main engines are destroyed, the barrier will loose power and not function.
Instead of an offensive action, the Vajra can use it's energy to regenerate. This powerful ability allows it to instantly regrow lost appendages and armaments or simply repair the main body. As it consumes a lot of energy, the Vajra doesn't tend to use it during combat.
- REGENERATION: 1D10x100 MD to any part of the body, including parts that have been lost (the lost part instantly reappears).
- ENERGY COST: 10 points per regeneration.
5. ELECTRONIC COUNTERMEASURES
Note: In space, Radio and Radar Waves are range x10.
Note: Stats indicate the Effective Range. Maximum Range is effective range x1.5, but is -3 to strike.
In space: Explosions and shock-waves: range x 10, but damage x0.1 in the extended shock-wave; Lasers: range x2; Extended range is range x3, but is -2 to strike and damage x0.5; Other weapons: range x2
1. ANTI-SHIP BEAM GUNS (3):
The main weapon system of the Destroyer Vajra are three heavy laser cannons, mounted on the top of the bow. These cannons pack a punch and make the Destroyer Vajra a foe to be reckoned with. Each laser can fire separately or together, but can only fire at targets that are almost directly in front of the destroyer (lasers can aim 15° off the ship's centerline). When not used, the guns retract inside the hull and are covered by an armoured shutter.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-Ship
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Air
- RANGE: 3,500 km
- DAMAGE: 1D8x1,000 M.D. per blast. The three guns can be fire linked, for a maximum of 3D8x1,000 MD.
- RATE OF FIRE: each cannon can fire twice (2) per melee. The guns can be fired individually or be combined to fire a single volley.
- PAYLOAD: Unlimited.
2. BEAM GUN TURRETS (8):
Destroyer Vajra are also armed with anti-ship beam turrets. The beam gun turrets are located at key points along the spacecraft's hull. At most, 4 beam guns can be directed against a single target at a time.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Ship
- RANGE: 1,200 km
- DAMAGE: 1D8x100 M.D. per blast. Up to four guns can be fire linked, for a maximum of 4D8x100 MD.
- RATE OF FIRE: Each cannon can fire twice per melee. The cannons in each turret can be fired individually or together in a single volley.
- PAYLOAD: Unlimited.
3. BEAM CIWS (22):
These Close in Weapons Systems (CIWS) do not suffer the negative modifiers to hitting attacking mobile weapons, that larger anti-ship weapons do. They are intended primarily for anti-aircraft and anti-missile defense, but can do moderate damage against smaller enemy ships if they get too close. The guns are located at key points along the hull. At most 4 lasers can be directed against a single target at any time.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: anti-missile
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: anti-aircraft
- RANGE: 5,000 m
- DAMAGE: 1D8 MD per round. 1D8X10 MD per 10 round burst. Refer to the Gun Pods and Beam Machine Gun Burst and Spray Rules for alternatives.
- RATE OF FIRE: Equal to the controller's number of hand-to-hand attacks. If set on automatic each laser turret can fire up to 4 shots per round.
- PAYLOAD: 40 rounds per melee. The CIWS are limited to bursts of 10 or 20 rounds per attack.
- NOTE: The beam CIWS are set on automatic during combat, during which time they have a +3 to strike due to their advanced tracking systems. The Beam CIWS tracking systems will target incoming missiles first and attacking mobile weapons second.
4. SHIP-BORNE CRAFT (STANDARD):
The Vajra Destroyer is composed of a network of tunnels throughout the superstructure that not only allow a horde of the relatively smaller Vajra to be carried inside the destroyer, but to also move around inside the ship type.
In addition, there are 23 armoured hatches in the bow for Vajra (usually the larger red type) to be transported safely. Their location also allows the ship to make Daedalus Attack type manuevers.
23 Mobile Soldiers (yellow Vajra) or Heavy Soldiers (red Vajra)
36+ Mobile Soldiers (yellow Vajra - generally it's too tight a fit for the Heavy Soldiers (red Vajra))
5. HAND TO HAND COMBAT
The Vajra Destroyer has developed sharp rams on the whole surface
, enabling the ship itself to be used as a weapon.
- Ram: 1D4x1,000 M.D. per remaining blade on the bow (max 4D4,1,000 M.D.) (counts as two attacks)
- Sideswipe - smaller blade: 1D4x1,000 M.D.
- Sideswipe - larger blade: 1D6,1,000 M.D.
Unless otherwise noted, refer to Ship Sensor Systems
Note: In space, Radio and Radar Waves are range x10.
- CONTROL SYSTEM: just as the Destroyer Vajra is under the control of a Queen or Semi-Queen, the destroyer can act as a conduit for the control of Heavy Soldier (red), Mobile Soldier (yellow), Hound and Heavy Vajra in the vicinity.
- ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVE SENSOR: range 500 km.
- FOLD COMMUNICATIONS: range approximately 100 light years (950 trillion km) when deployed in outer space.
- FOLD WAVE SENSOR: can identify up to 2,500 targets simultaneously, and can guide weapon fire at 150 targets at the same time.
- OPTICS: HYBRID SENSOR/TV CAMERA SYSTEM
- REMOTE CONTROL: the Vajra Destroy Type can be remotely controlled by Vajra Queen's or Semi-Queen's even if the brain part has been destroyed.
OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
Unless otherwise noted, refer to Ship Other Systems
- CARGO HATCHES type airlocks: 40 are scattered over the hull. The hatches are operated by fold wave communications or chemical communications (infochemicals).
- GRAVITY CONTROL
- IFF ANTENNA: use fold wave communications, but otherwise similar to Earth systems to identify Vajra from the same hive or genus.
- SUBLIGHT ENGINES
- SPACE FOLD SYSTEM
COMBAT BONUSES FOR SPACECRAFT TRAINING
The following is in ship-to-ship combat with enemy starships or Protodeviln. They do not apply in ship to mobile weapon combat.
5 (younger) or 6 (older) attacks per melee (plus those of the pilot).
Note: beam CIWS operate independantly.
+2 to strike.
+4 to dodge
+4 to roll with impact, reducing damage by half.
Tilt Dodge Modifier: -5.
Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19, or 20.
Skills of note:
Detect Ambush (80%)
Detect Concealment (75%)
Read Sensory Instruments (90%)
Palladium Books Game Engine and MDC Rules
Theatrical Macross Frontier: The False Princess
Theatrical Macross Frontier: The Wings of Goodbye
Macross F The Movie The False Princes Fact File (Newtype 2010.02)
Official Complete Book Theatrical Macross F Wings of Goodbye
Perfect Triangle Theatrical Macross F Official Guidebook
Theatrical Macross Frontier The False Princess Roman Album
© Aaron Sketchley