Official Setting information is in darkgreen
. Extended Universe information is in steelblue
Up until 2045, terrorists relied on VFs and massed firepower. After the development of the AVF, terrorists shifted to Power Armour (for assassination and stealing supplies) and more powerful and compact weapons. The Enemy Power Armour is one of the results of that change in operational tactics.
The Enemy Power Armour was introduced in mid-2048 and is a form fitting, limit flight capable power armour that offers protection against low-powered anti-mobile weapon weapons. It was designed to be a light, highly mobile unit for maximum 'stealth' on the battlefield with high powered weapons to give it serious punch. It has capabilities that are equal to or better than the Mk 3.09.
The Power Armour is roughly 10% larger then the Unified Forces' Mk 3.0. The pilot is primarly housed in the chest cavity, which doubles as a cockpit, with only the pilot's legs extending out of the torso section and into the upper legs of the vehicle. The effect is a more crouched appearance, due to the way that the pilot is saddled in the power armour and how the pilot's legs are used to actuate the power armour's legs.
Both the master and slave arms have fully articulated hands that can be used to hold and carry things. In normal operations, the larger slave arms are locked with the master arms and they move as one. However, the two sets of arms can be unlinked - though the slave arms remain stuck in their last position until relinked with the master arms. The unit has a heavily armoured head assembly.
With the inclusion of a thermonuclear turbine engine, the unit's backpack has been enlarged. 6 vernier jets are standard, enabling the Enemy Power Suit to do thrust-assisted leaps and manuever in space. There are also mounting points for a detachable flight backpack.
The roles that the Enemy Power Armour is used in are, in order of preference, infiltration and assassination/sabatoge, boarding and capturing space ships, and fire support (sometimes in calvary-like actions) of other (usually captured) Power Armour forces and regular (non-Power Armour) infantry. The Enemy Power Armour is generally not used in straight combat. There are legions of the less expensive, captured, Micron Power Armour to fill that role.
All-regime variable tactical combat Power Suit.
Heavy Power Armour
One pilot wearing Tactical Life Support and Cushioning System.
Thought to be the Critical Path Corporation.
anti-Unified Government allied
Customer: non-Unified Government allied agencies
SDC BY LOCATION:
The entire Enemy Power Armour has an AR of 19. AR does not apply to MDC weapons.
Upper Arms (2)
Lower Arms (2)
(3) Slave Arms (2)
(3) Slave Arm-Hands (2)
(2) Upper Legs (2)
Lower Legs (2)
(1) Main Body
20 mm Machine Gun
(4) Optional Back Pack
- (1) Depleting the SDC of the main body will destroy the power armour. If in a vacuum the suit will decompress.
- (2) Destroying the upper legs will reveal the pilots leg within. There is a good chance that the pilot's leg will be highly injured in the process. In a vacuum, the unit will decompress.
- (3) Destroying a slave arm or slave arm-hand will expose the operators arm or hand. In a vacuum, the unit will decompress. Requires a called shot at -5 to strike.
- (4) Destroying the backpack will destroy the rocket thrusters and the fuel supply of the power armour. In space, the vehicle will be able to move by veneer thrusters alone. There is a chance that the fuel will explode (GM's discretion), causing 1D3x10 MD to 3 m.
- RUNNING: speed is roughly the same as the user's SPD. Fatigues at 1/3 the normal rate.
- SKATING: 245 kmph. Hovering 1 to 10 cm off of the ground when in effect.
- LEAPING: capable of rocket assisted jumps: 4.5 m high or 7.8 m long.
HEIGHT: 2.5 m
WIDTH: 1.65 m
EMPTY MASS: 135 kg + pilot.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: equal to a PS of 30.
CARGO: Small compartment behind the pilot's seat for personal belongings. Additional equipment can be carried in backpack or military webbing, though they may inhibit the power armour's capabilities.
POWER PLANT: micro-thermonuclear turbine engine. Used to recharge the batteries during extended missions. The turbine engine is considered to be noisy. Extended use of vernier thrusters will deplete the fuel reserves quickly. Fuel load: 5 days normal operations. 4 hours if constantly flying.
AUXILLARY POWER PLANT: 3 HR-1VTG Hyper Eneloop fuel cells. Used expecially when maximum stealth is required.
1. ACTIVE STEALTH:
the Enemy Power Armour is equipped with the initial active stealth mechanism. Refer to Active Stealth Systems - 2nd Generation
2. ENERGY CONVERSION ARMOUR:
the Enemy Power Armour incorporates Overtechnology using AWAG/PA 109 SWAG energy converting armour system, the Power Armour employs surplus power to triple the armour strength.
4. HEAT AND RADIATION SHIELDS:
refer to Heat And Radiation Shields
5. ANTI-G MECHANISM & HOMING SIGNAL:
refer to Transponder and Survival Kit
- SEAT ANGLE AND VITAL POINT STIMULATION: refer to Anti-G Mechanism: Seat Angle and Vital Point Stimulation for details.
to prevent capture of a vehicle by the enemy, the pilot can activate the self-destruct system, which will cause the fighter to explode and obliterate all internal systems.
- TIME DELAY: up to 60 minutes (time is set by the pilot)
- DAMAGE: 1D2x10 M.D.
- RANGE: 3 m
The Enemy Power Armour has no fixed armaments.
1. Strengthened Exoskeleton 20 mm Machine Gun
A heavy-duty combined machine Gun and grenade launcher. Designed to take on Power Armour, it is lethal even to full-sized Zentraadi. The weapon functions in all environments - from water to space with relatively little chance of jamming. These weapons are designed for and used exclusively against Power Armour scale mobile weapons or greater. The Unified Government has deemed it a war crime to use this weapon against unarmoured humans.
The machine gun has built in optical sensors and connections to allow the Power Armour's Fire Control System to assist in targeting the weapon.
20 mm Machine Gun
- AMMO TYPE: 20 mm
- RANGE: 2,500 m
- DAMAGE: 1D20X100 SDC (1D20 MDC) per round. 1D10X1,000 SDC (1D10X10 MDC) per 5 round burst. Refer to the Gun Pods and Beam Machine Gun Burst and Spray Rules for alternatives.
- RATE OF FIRE: Equal to the pilot's combined number of attacks. Semi-automatic / Burst (5 rounds) / Full Automatic
- PAYLOAD: 30 rounds. Optional belt: 300 round
Underbarrel Grenade Launcher
- AMMO TYPE: 55 mm caseless
- RANGE: 450 metres
- RATE OF FIRE: Single shot. Requires pump action to load next shell. Equal to the pilot's combined number of attacks.
- PAYLOAD: 5 rounds
Explode on impact. They flood an area with metal fragments that can rip those affected to shreds.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-personnel
- DAMAGE: 1D20X1,000 SDC (1D20X10 MDC) to 3 m.
- Gas Shell
Various types of gas are available. Such as smoke, tear gas, knockout gas and so on. The Unified Government doesn't condone the use of nerve gas, biological or chemical weapons. However they are avaiable for black ops missions. For Power Armour, the standard shell used is smoke.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: concealment
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: crowd control
- DAMAGE: damage depends on the type of gas used. The shell creates a large cloud of gas to a 6 m radius.
- Electro-shock Shells
Essentially a stun-gun for power armour. The shells are designed to discharge a large electromagnetic charge upon contact. The electromagnetic charge basically fries the sensitive electronics inside of power armour. No effect against unarmoured opponents. Minimal effects against armour greater than that of a Power Armour.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: non-lethal incapacitation
- DAMAGE: 1D4X100 SDC (1D4 MDC) from initial impact and roll on the following table +10% (or more) to roll if the Power Armour is protected against electromagnetism. -10% to roll if fired into a bullet hole (called shot at -7 to strike.):
- 01-35: vehicle immediately ceases operation and collapses (or falls) to the ground. (GMs option: power armour is disabled, but pilot inside can still attempt to move. Normal hand to hand combat bonuses only at -2 strike and parry, -5 to dodge, -3 roll, -5 SPD and -35% on piloting skill checks. Flight and leaps are impossible.)
- 36-65: electromagnetic charge in the avionics. -1 initiative, -2 strike, parry and dodge and -10% on piloting rolls. Shutting down the vehicle and restarting it will negate the effects.
- 66-95: static charge in the avionics. -1 initiative, -2 strike, parry and dodge and -10% on piloting rolls. Effects last for 1D4 melees until the charge dissipates.
- 96-00: no effect
- Speaker Pods
Are armor piercing shells designed to distract the enemy without having to defeat them by destroying them. The shells can penetrate the toughest of armours. Once embedded in armour plate, the speaker pods open and transmit soundwaves into the mecha's body, filling it with loud music. In addition to their use as a distraction, speaker pods have been known to cause spiritia reactions in the minds of brainwashed Varauta pilots, occasionally permitting them to break free of the brainwashing. NOTE: This not a Sound Energy System (SES), this is just a normal speaker unit.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: distraction
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Spiritia Warfare
- DAMAGE: 1D4X100 SDC from the initial impact. Once embedded in a target's armor, the pod will extract anchors that adhere it to the mecha's hull. The only way to remove a speaker pod is to physically cut it off back at base. ONLY used against armour. If it hits an unarmoured target, it acts just like a regular bullet; most likely tearing off a limb in the process.
- Special Effects: The loud music played by the speaker pods is very distracting. Pilots forced to listen to it in combat suffer a -2 penalty to their iniative rolls, and a -1 to strike and dodge.
2. HAND HELD WEAPONS
Any handheld weapon can be used by the Enemy Power Armour. If used, the weapon is either easily placed into a holster or is used only during the first few phases of combat and discarded. The standard weapon is usually an assault rifle or sniping rifle. Refer to the Power Armour Hand-Held Weapons page
for weapon descriptions.
Note: the Enemy Power Armour can have all of the following mounted on it's exterior without inhibiting it's capabilities.
- 1 Pistol - auto or Vehicle Stopper
- 1 Power Blade
- set of 2 Mines/Timed Explosives
- set of 3 Grenades
3. HAND TO HAND COMBAT
The Enemy Power Armour does give some bonuses in hand to hand combat, unlike its Unified Forces contemporaries. The Enemy Power Armour does not impede the agility of the wearer and the artificial servos in the arms and legs do increase the hand to hand damage of the wearer.
Pulled Punch: 1D8 SDC
Swat: 2D6+10 SDC
Full Strength Punch: 1D4x10+10 SDC
Booster Punch (2 attacks): 1D8x10+15 SDC or 1D2 MD.
Snap Kick: 4D6 SDC
Kick: 1D6x10+10 SDC
Leap Kick (2 actions): 2D6x10+15 SDC or 1D3 MD.
Body Flip/Throw: 4D6+10 SDC (difficult, but well trained pilots can do it.)
Body Block/Tackle: 2D6+10 SDC
Stomp: 1D6+10 SDC. (only effective against small objects).
The Enemy Power Armour has mounting points for a Detachable Flight Backpack. The backpack contains fuel and a pair of 3 dimensional moveable thrusters on the top edges. The thrusters provide movement in all directions.
The fligh backpack is designed for space, but it can be used within an atmosphere. Due to its limited flight performance (especially when compared to VFs and EX-Gear), flight operations are generally restricted to areas near the ground where the unit can quickly duck behind cover.
The flight backpack can be purged at any time.
Detachable Flight Backpack
- FLYING: 315 kmph in an atmosphere. Mach 1.25 in space.
- MAXIMUM RATE OF ASCENT: 15,000 m/minute
- CEILING: 5,000 m
- VTOL CAPABILITY: Max hovering time unlimited
- G limit: +9 (in space)
- OPERATIONAL UNDERWATER DEPTH: 100 m
Additional Defensive Systems:
- 1. IDECM (Integrated Defensive Electronic CounterMeasures): refer to IDECM for details.
- RETRACTABLE EC (Electronic Countermeasures) ANTENNA: refer to AN/ALQ-131(V) for details.
- COUNTERMEASURE DISPENSERS: a combined chaff, flare and smoke discharger. Refer to Chaff/Flare/Smoke Discharger System for details.
Unless otherwise noted, refer to Avionics
FCS (Fire Control System): the Enemy Power Armour's FCS is an all regimes type weapon control system. It has only limited air-to-air capabilities.
INERTIAL NAVIGATION SYSTEM (AUTOPILOT)
EXTERNAL AUDIO PICKUP
LASER MARKER & LASER SPOT TRACKER
RADAR: See APG-997 for details.
RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Range: 300 km.
- RANGE: 30 km search range, 20 km lock-on fighter sized vehicles.
- HEIGHT: 24,385 m to small moving targets near or on the ground not obscured by foliage.
- TWS: 18 targets, engage up to 12 at the same time; ACM: 12 targets.
OPTICS - HYBRID SENSOR/TV CAMERA SYSTEM
OPTICS - INFRARED SENSOR and MULTI-BAND OPTICAL SENSOR
- IFF/UHF DATALINK ANTENNA
- UHF ANTENNA
- VHF ANTENNA
Unless otherwise noted, refer to Other Systems
- TACTICAL LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM
COMBAT BONUSES FOR ENEMY POWER ARMOUR TRAINING
If the Enemy Power Armour has the Detachable Flight Blackpack, it provides the following bonuses:
BASIC COMBAT TRAINING for non-pilot military personnel
+1 attack per melee (plus those of the pilot). +1 attack at levels 7 and 12.
+2 strike (weapons only, not hand to hand.)
+3 to parry
+3 to dodge
+2 to roll with a punch or fall with an impact, reducing damage by half.
No Tilt Dodge.
Critical strike same as pilot's hand-to-hand.
Body block/tackle/ram - 1D10+10 S.D.C. plus a 30% chance of knocking an opponent down, causing him to lose initiative and one attack that melee round.
ADVANCED COMBAT TRAINING for military pilots and mecha specialists.
+2 attacks per melee (plus those of the pilot). +1 attack at levels 3, 6, 11 and 15.
+4 to strike (weapons only, not hand to hand)
+4 to parry
+4 to dodge
+4 to roll with a punch or fall with an impact, reducing damage by half.
Tilt Dodge Modifier (applied to the regular dodge bonus for the mode the VF is in): -5.
Critical strike same as pilot's hand-to-hand.
Body block/tackle/ram - 2D6+10 S.D.C. plus a 50% chance of knocking an opponent down, causing him to loose initiative and one attack that melee round.
© Aaron Sketchley